Sponsored

Poll Question: How well do stubby antennas work on your Bronco?

Success with stubby antennas? How well do they work?

• Total voters

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reception definitely isn't as good as stock, but the worse part about the stubby is the way it turns into a mini lightsaber when I kick the a-pillars on šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco Poll Question: How well do stubby antennas work on your Bronco? Screenshot_20220922_225000

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should be demoted for that oversight!
I'm cleaning bugs off sometimes twice a day. Every time I lift the passenger blade I curse the person who approved that
This and whenever I throw my sun visor down and it knocks my rear view mirror out of wack. Two dumb design flaws..

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whenever I throw my sun visor down and it knocks my rear view mirror out of whack.
This was happening to me but someone mentioned that the mirror has some left to right adjustability and since moving it over, it hasn't happened.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I bought one when I got my bronco and the reception was terrible on FM compared to factory. Just replaced it because it broke and the design is completely different on the inside and now the reception is amazing.

Donā€™t know if the first was a knock off or what but much better design and performance on the new one.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone find a shorty that will allow the passenger side wiper blade to clear the antenna when lifting it to clean the windshield?
I would think any stubby will clear. Mine has plenty of clearance nowā€¦

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I bought one when I got my bronco and the reception was terrible on FM compared to factory. Just replaced it because it broke and the design is completely different on the inside and now the reception is amazing.

Donā€™t know if the first was a knock off or what but much better design and performance on the new one.
So, which one did you get the second time?

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised nobody has mentioned this previously, so I will. I am guessing there is a HUGE range on quality of stubby antennas. Further, I would be willing to bet there are probably more shitty constructs that good ones.

Is anyone on B6G a reasonable authority as to who's stubby is truly on the "best" end of the scale?

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If and when...
I'll put on a stubby as a place holder and probably never use it.
I keep my music on a flash drive and plug it into the USB port.
No better way to hear what you want anywhere you go

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was happening to me but someone mentioned that the mirror has some left to right adjustability and since moving it over, it hasn't happened.
Ill try this out. Thank you!

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve heard this being said, and I really donā€™t know how all of this works, so Iā€™m in no position to doubt it. Howeverā€¦

Our Bronco, with a 3ā€ stubby antenna, gets better reception across the board than my F150 with its OEM antenna. When I tried the stubby on my truck, it was even worse. I could not any get any AM station at all, as opposed to just really buzzy and annoying reception with the OEM. (Both vehicles pull in FM just fine, regardless of which antenna is mounted). Is it possible that different the radios just vary in quality? And that maybe thatā€™s more important than antenna length?

Another example: I have a cordless Ryobi shop radio (the little one about a foot tall) and it gets better reception than either of our vehicles, and it has almost no antenna at all. And Iā€™ve had little hand-held portable radios that could pull in AM stations from 1000 miles away during parts of the day.

I feel like itā€™s not so much a matter of antenna length, but more about Fordā€™s crappy radiosā€¦
Which antenna do you have?

RobL2112

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought this one from Builtright:
https://builtrightind.com/products/perfect-fit-stubby-antenna-ford-f-150-2021-bronco-2021

Seems to work the same as the factory one. I had to get a stubby antenna due to the parking garage I park in when I go into the office.

That said -- I rarely listen to the radio, 99.9% of the time it is one of my Apple Music playlists so I wasn't concerned if there was a drop-off in quality. Signal strength where I live is good enough with crappy antennas though, so as they say, YMMV...
Sponsored