Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am using ExoShield and it has saved me about a 1/2 dozen times in 5 months. I actually watched one rock impact and it did not chip or crack the glass.
Went with Dynoflex and same as Murfman, it's saved me a bunch too. Happy to replace it every year/two years if it keeps my OEM windshield intact.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Safelite is coming tomorrow to replace my windshield which was busted by a rock somewhere on the 101 a few weeks ago. ExoShield might be the way to go. Any idea on the price for ExoShield?

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Safelite is coming tomorrow to replace my windshield which was busted by a rock somewhere on the 101 a few weeks ago. ExoShield might be the way to go. Any idea on the price for ExoShield?
I paid $350 to have it installed in Denver.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Not a bad price if it does what it claims. I am going to give the shop here that offers this a call to see how many Dollar Bucks, as my grandson says, it will cost. I had an '89 F-150 that had shitty glass as well. Replaced the windshield three times.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not even at 1,000 miles on my 2022 Badlands. I have been staying further back from other vehicles on the road because I have heard of the problems with the windshield on the Broncos. I recently heard an impact but didnā€™t see any pits immediately. I noticed yesterday that the impact left an almost unobservable pit just below the wiper on the passenger side. That has now caused a crack to grow vertically.
seriously, I get that these windshields are pretty upright, but I am at 10 years of highway driving on my other vehicle with the original glass with not a single chip or crack.
Chime in if youā€™re frustrated about the quality of the glass in the Bronco too.
Totally AGREE!!!!!

Bronco #1 4 door Blk Diamond, SASQ, 2.7, soft top.... new windsheid afte several trock chips had the fatal rock hit right in front of the drivers view) car less than 6K miles NEW FORD windshield replacement.

Bronco #2 Door Badlands, SASQ, 2.7 ... first time on freeway... two rock chips. currently 660 miles.

Wish there was a plastic film or something to put on these windshields... like they do with Lambos and Ferrari's.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m not even at 1,000 miles on my 2022 Badlands. I have been staying further back from other vehicles on the road because I have heard of the problems with the windshield on the Broncos. I recently heard an impact but didnā€™t see any pits immediately. I noticed yesterday that the impact left an almost unobservable pit just below the wiper on the passenger side. That has now caused a crack to grow vertically.
seriously, I get that these windshields are pretty upright, but I am at 10 years of highway driving on my other vehicle with the original glass with not a single chip or crack.
Chime in if youā€™re frustrated about the quality of the glass in the Bronco too.
I wish the gorilla glass was an option like on the jeeps itā€™s supposed to be a lot stronger

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just called for a price. $650 in the Boston area.... not many dealers... actually they're the only one in a 5hr radius.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stay away from Safelite.... their glass (THAT THEY MFG.) is absolutely crap....
The optical clarity does not come close to nearly all auto MFGS... At least it doesn't with Toyota
I know this for a fact from my own experience.

Also,
Ask the BMW owner who died because the structual integrity on their windshield installation, where the glass popped out and the owner dies in a roll over....

Because Safelite MFG's their own cheap glass.... typical Car insurance companies will always find a way to cut cost.... because of this, Safelite has a monopoly and they know it....Regrettably all the mom and pop glass companies will eventually be run out of business.

A company from China opened a MFG's in the US... They have been using union busting policies on their employees and are complete pricks....see "The Fuyao factory was the subject of a 2019 Netflix documentary, ā€œAmerican Factory.ā€

This is the Glass Safelite uses!!!!

AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM SAFELITE!!!!:poop:(worse glass on the planet)

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor ā€˜17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lmao, talk to any Jeeperā€¦
Par for the course of ownership of a brick on wheels. Lol

Sponsored

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the brick on wheels club...catching rocks is not only a Jeep thing anymore enjoy and make sure you have a $zero glass deducible.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I paid 400 for mine in the Austin area, which I thought was fair. The place (Outside Rides in Bastrop) did a phenomenal job too. I suspect I'll be replacing it every 18 months or so (unless I catch a significant object and it tears/punctures the film).

Maintenance is also very important with the windshield film. Get silicone wiper blades. Make sure you only use the wipers when necessary (like in a rainstorm). Get used to manually wiping down your windshield with a quality glass cleaner and microfiber cloth. And for the love of god, don't use any ammonia-based products. I mix my own ammonia-free wiper fluid and use a curing product every month to refresh and keep the film slick. It's a lot to be sure, but I went through the hell of having my last car's windshield (Honda Element) replaced three times by the clowns at Safelite. I'd much rather go spend the time/money on film and maintenance than have to live through that again. Plus I just like the Ford plant sticker and the Bronco logo on the OEM glass too much to have to settle for aftermarket.

Now - if we had a viable Gorilla Glass option? WHOLE other story :)

SunsetJuice

Outer Banks
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...and if they're anything like a Jeep windshield with bug splatters šŸ˜¬

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve had two hard impacts with no chips or cracks. I definitely have changed my driving to avoid windshield damage. I keep plenty of distance from cars ahead of me and stay all the way right when when oncoming semiā€™s or farm vehicles are coming my way. Both are safe practices anyways.
Sponsored