TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me know when you receive the package...
Ordered on Saturday night, received the following Thursday morning. Excellent, you could show some other vendors here a thing or two.

The shipping box as I received/opened it:

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_01

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_02

The brackets fresh out of the box and bubble wrap, not a mark of any kind on them:

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_03

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_04

Installed (took 10 minutes, nothing to it at all):

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_05

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_06
Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered on Saturday night, received the following Thursday morning. Excellent, you could show some other vendors here a thing or two.

The shipping box as I received/opened it:

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Pure_Vida_Brackets_06

The brackets fresh out of the box and bubble wrap, not a mark of any kind on them:

Installed (took 10 minutes, nothing to it at all):

I was worried about the packaging. Thank you so much for the update!!

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cross posting from the OG thread:

I just installed these brackets on my 2022 Bronco. Shipping was fast and installation with the included hardware was a breeze. You just need an allen wrench or hex screwdriver and 15 minutes.

My Max Trax MK IIs mount fine with a little bit of maneuvering from front to back and are mounted easily using the add-on wingnuts. I'll probably upgrade to knobs for fewer turns and appearance.

These brackets are perfect for someone like me who does not plan on using recovery boards often, but would rather have them 'just in case' when needed. In addition, I live in an urban area and share a common garage, so these mounts are a step up in security compared to external solutions such as spare tire, tailgate, and rack mounts.

Above all, Brandon provided awesome service with pre-order questions and his follow up was awesome. Overall, I'm stoked with this purchase.

Thanks for creating these @UtahBrandon !

20220910_162031.jpg

20220910_162046.jpg

20220910_162020.jpg

Last edited:

vtracsd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Max Trax Extreme (1" taller than regular) so they can't be shimmied into place. I had to unbolt one side of the bracket and preload the Max Trax while installing the bracket. At least I can use the upper position to save space. It's easy enough to carry around a 6mm hex key so they're good enough for me

I don't know if it's a good idea but it might be good to have a wider bracket so that the boards can be hung underneath instead. That way mounting pins can be used.

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 47D5872F-CA83-4653-B2E9-BFEA6C8262B8
Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad 9A04F2FB-2F88-4801-BDDF-35513A1984EF
Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad B4B9FB7D-6CD6-4B45-AC55-D2FC44E1B4B4

Last edited:
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Max Trax Extreme (1" taller than regular) so they can't be shimmied into place. I had to unbolt one side of the bracket and preload the Max Trax while installing the bracket. At least I can use the upper position to save space. It's easy enough to carry around a 6mm hex key so they're good enough for me

I don't know if it's a good idea but it might be good to have a wider bracket so that the boards can be hung underneath instead. That way mounting pins can be used.

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad B4B9FB7D-6CD6-4B45-AC55-D2FC44E1B4B4
Dang it. Those boards you have are real boats! I’m sorry they don’t fit as intended. I’ll add a note to the site about those boards and I’ll be happy to give you a refund if you’d like to return them.
I considered making the brackets wider as you stated, however, I felt that we would lose a lot of the functionality of the Molle grate in that position. I’ll put some thought into that and maybe even offer two variations in the future.

Sponsored

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the tray/attic idea. What is the status of that idea?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Brandon, do you have a measurement in-between the brackets and the width between the horizontal mounting flanges so I can start shopping for recovery boards that will fit underneath in anticipation of the attic basket becoming available?

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brandon, do you have a measurement in-between the brackets and the width between the horizontal mounting flanges so I can start shopping for recovery boards that will fit underneath in anticipation of the attic basket becoming available?
Mine is 44 3/8" however, there could be some very slight variance based on placement of the nutserts in your roll bar. You wouldn't think so, but I think my nutserts aren't perfectly vertically aligned on one side.

Either way, the brackets are designed to align flush with the inside surface of the roll bar. So if your boards fit between your roll bar, you should be good.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and here's the dimensions of the platform, with the mounting slots inset about an inch from the edge of the platform.
Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 5.02.45 PM

Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, and here's the dimensions of the platform, with the mounting slots inset about an inch from the edge of the platform.
Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 5.02.45 PM
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks again Brandon!

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

47D5872F-CA83-4653-B2E9-BFEA6C8262B8.jpeg
9A04F2FB-2F88-4801-BDDF-35513A1984EF.jpeg
B4B9FB7D-6CD6-4B45-AC55-D2FC44E1B4B4.jpeg
What lights did you install under the perimeter of your Slipstream and did you connect them to your interior lights? Any pictures?

vtracsd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What lights did you install under the perimeter of your Slipstream and did you connect them to your interior lights? Any pictures?
I used the Lightbar mounted on the bottom and top. They are out of stock but there are similar bars available if you look around. A pair of KC Cyclones on the sides. The lights are hooked up to the dome light using this method so they auto turn on with the door open.

mosdepo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those look great! Can you confirm if these boards dimensions fit or not?

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad A3F1D4E0-37E7-4B0B-96AB-0617DC10BF36

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look great! Can you confirm if these boards dimensions fit or not?

Ford Bronco Traction Board Mounting Brackets by Pura Vida Offroad A3F1D4E0-37E7-4B0B-96AB-0617DC10BF36
I don't see any specs on the spacing between mounting holes, however, they look very similar to ARB and MaxTrax so I believe they'll fit fine.

Here's the specs the board mounts support - "The bracket supports board hole widths at either 4.2" or 10.63" and board hole lengths between 34" and 41""
Sponsored