Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the IAG struts for the back of the soft top. Makes a huge difference on how easy it is to open and give you a bit more opening. With kids any little bit helps.
I agree with happycampinman. IAG struts are a game changer for access to the rear of the vehicle with a soft top. They have been my favorite purchase for the Bronco. Escpecially being 6'6" tall. The struts allow much easier access to the back of the vehicle.

It is almost like those struts should have been included direct from the factory. Hmmmm...
Sponsored

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fit,water/snow getting in the rig, wear issues have you experienced any of these?
I also have not. I think most of the issues seen are from those that do not know how to put their tops back together correctly after removing parts.

I've dismantled mine multiple times and have no issues.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have two of them with soft tops. No major issues far. One of the clips that hold the back window snapped but I fixed it myself. So nice to have the ease of dropping the top. Get a storage bag to hold the side and back windows in the storage area and you will be set. No regets on the softop. I do want a hard top but that's because I want a roofrack.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had mine for 13 months with no issues. I know a guy with two broncos- one soft top and one mic. He’s had noise and leakage issues with the mic and none with his soft top.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially wanted a hard top but I love the soft top so much that I may never get a hard top. The convenience of being able to flip the top back or fold back completely is awesome. I have gone through rainstorms, had snow sit on it, hit it with a pressure washer and not had a single leak.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues. Yes, it has more wind noise than a regular vehicle with a full roof, but nothing more than should be expected out of a soft top and no more noisy than any Jeep I have been in over the years. We went through the AZ Monsoon season and got hit in the middle of both rain downpours and dust storms without issue. Additionally, we have taken it up and down all the way multiple times without issue. If you follow instructions and watch videos, we have not experienced any of the issues others have. Just under a year with ours.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had mine over a year now! I only have the soft top and its outside all year wind and snow and have had no issues little loud on the highway but not that bad I think its worth it

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fit,water/snow getting in the rig, wear issues have you experienced any of these?
The first photo is the exact rig I ordered, so I may be a bit biased. After 2 weeks with it, I added the IAG roll bar covers. No matter how hard you try, the top frame will contact the rollbar when putting it full top down. I got the full plastic ones, not the PPF. Pretty nice and super easy to install. Until there is a modular hard top, you can't beat the functionality of the soft top. I've had two Isuzu softies, BMW 650Ci and a Mustang Convert. If you want sun on your face and an open-air feel without having an entire garage hoisting system, this is the ticket.

You aren't doing this with a hard top in 5 minutes or less. No regrets. This photo is less than 48 hours into ownership. It's not even intimidating to remove the top. I did buy the windows bag about 30 days in.

Ford Bronco Hesitant buying Bronco with soft top Bronco

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my soft top and this is my first soft top/removeable top/convertible style top vehicle I've ever had.

TXLazer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased my 4 door badlands soft top this past weekend. I took my windows out and went with the top fully down on Sunday. When I was putting the puzzle back together, I noticed that there is a hook on each side that locks down the top in the “mid” or “first position” (ie no top on driver but that is it). The purpose of the latch in this position is to un do those hooks. When I looked at the hooks closely, the driver side is barely latched and the passenger side is not latched at all. It looks like the hook on both sides needs to be lowered. I ended up just locking it fully closed for now. Has anyone had this issue?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased my 4 door badlands soft top this past weekend. I took my windows out and went with the top fully down on Sunday. When I was putting the puzzle back together, I noticed that there is a hook on each side that locks down the top in the “mid” or “first position” (ie no top on driver but that is it). The purpose of the latch in this position is to un do those hooks. When I looked at the hooks closely, the driver side is barely latched and the passenger side is not latched at all. It looks like the hook on both sides needs to be lowered. I ended up just locking it fully closed for now. Has anyone had this issue?
Yeah, sometimes you have to slam both sides down. Same in the back when fully open and it latches on both sides to stay in place.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my soft top. No issues with mine. Only thing that concerns me is the Arizona sun beating the cr*p out of it.
Only issue I came across was latching the front after I had the top folded all the way back. The material is nice and tight, so the front left latch wasn't lining up just perfect. Quick fix is to unlatch the top from the cargo area to give some slack in the top, then latch the front, then re-latch the rear.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive had mine since May, no issues. Other than the bath you get in the rain at a drive thru......with the window down to pay for and get your food......because of where the top drains.....
Sponsored