David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Badlands (but not the one in the OP, oddly), the gray top matches the grille and the wheels...
Was showing my wife the stock BL wheels earlier today and she made that same observation. I’m still on the fence about white top and grill, but only if I can secure white dog dish hubcaps prior to ordering. If not, it’s color coordinated Carbonized Gray ;)
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Doug!
What do we have here? Looks like Badlands with MIC hardtop. Hold up..... does that hard top look black to you guys???

But, another black one? They must have an overstock of black paint or they have a bunch that’s about to go bad or something.
C’mon Ford. Put out some additional colors. Please!
:alien: ? ? ? ?
It's just like what Henry Ford said when they started the assembly line for the Model T. "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black."
Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne k1p5j6p7r3kz

Black is the easiest and cheapest color to produce in mass quantities, so it makes sense that Ford's preproduction models are mostly black.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have seen Ford employees comment that their testers and preproduction units are always black. Not a Bronco thing. The last thing on their mind is that some bored, impatient fanboys on the interwebz want to see Area 51 lol. Supposedly they are going to run over 100 testers through at end of September, I’m guessing it’s a sea of black, hope im wrong...

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Doug!
What do we have here? Looks like Badlands with MIC hardtop. Hold up..... does that hard top look black to you guys???

But, another black one? They must have an overstock of black paint or they have a bunch that’s about to go bad or something.
C’mon Ford. Put out some additional colors. Please!
:alien: ? ? ? ?
Just like the first Fords, “You could have any color you want, just as long as it’s black”.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sold on 33's. Definitely swap out the stock outerbanks tires before delivery for some 275/70R18's..thinking BFG's too ?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I SO HOPE this bumper is available on the Badlands!

Unless there winds up being a stock LED fog option for the mod bumper then it’s cool lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also black painted grille instead of Carbonized Grey, and not the modular front bumper... another frankenstein Bronco.
I wonder if this is an indication that some parts are not yet available or are they just looking for build quality?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It might be a good color to find body imperfections and alignment issues. Some colors hide things and black is extremely unforgiving.
Im sure that is exactly why. Cost might be another reason. I work for a company that supplies interior and exterior plastic to Ford, and most automakers. Our custom color matched plastics cost about 3 times more than black. If we make an offtest batch guess where it goes, gets turned black lol.

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the only way to get the BFG 33" All Terrains is the Badlands WITHOUT Sasquatch, correct?
My Ford dealer is also a tire dealer. They'll put whatever tire they sell on there for a nominal fee. I'm sure they all will.
Sponsored