First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was parked a few days back and a Blazer pulled up next to me. I had to snap this pic. I simply can not believe what Chevy did to the Blazer name. The world didn't need another bland, sad, amorphous "driving appliance" but we got one anyway.

What a shame...we could have had a modern-day version of the late '60s Ford Vs Chevy battle but instead we've got a bitchin' 4x4 and another forgettable rolling Camry-like blob. Oh Chevy...you've got the new Z06...other than that, it may be time to sell it all off garage sale-style...

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: What Could Have Been IMG_3362
Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was parked a few days back and a Blazer pulled up next to me. I had to snap this pic. I simply can not believe what Chevy did to the Blazer name. The world didn't need another bland, sad, amorphous "driving appliance" but we got one anyway.

What a shame...we could have had a modern-day version of the late '60s Ford Vs Chevy battle but instead we've got a bitchin' 4x4 and another forgettable rolling Camry-like blob. Oh Chevy...you've got the new Z06...other than that, it may be time to sell it all off garage sale-style...

IMG_3362.jpg
If Chevy had come out with a REAL Blazer, that's what I'd be driving. Oh well. I love my Bronco.

Last edited:

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wondered what they were thinking also. Blazer my ass.

OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I Chevy had come out with a REAL Blazer, that's what I'd be driving. Oh well. I love my Bronco.
Agree totally. Lifelong Chevy guy over here. I just can't take the company seriously any longer after what they put the Blazer name on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s nothing wrong with the current Blazer, it’s acutely really nice for what it is. It’s just not an off-road vehicle.
That's sorta the point. I'm sure it's fine. Then call it a Chevy Fine. Or a Chevy Blob. Or whatever. Leave the Blazer name for a BLAZER!!

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Blazer - Bronco competition killed off both while the Jeep just sallied on. Why would Chevy care to reinvest in that little battle when the market is small and fragile?

Besides the Bronco didn't compete with the Blazer until it moved to the F sieres chassis, a move that resulted in it's demise.

And the current Blazer is named correctly. It follows the evolution of the Blazer from K-5 to Trailbazer.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately it's not different than what Jeep did to the Cherokee. I had a Cherokee XJ and it's still one of my favorite vehicles that I've ever owned. Compare that to the "modern" Cherokee that Jeep is most likely killing off with the potential (forever) closure of the Belvidere plant.

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never understood it either. GM must have known Ford was cooking up a proper body on frame off-roader when they came out with the new Blazer. It’s just an Equinox with some Camaro-esque styling. They’ve been out for years and I still think I’ve seen fewer than a dozen on the road.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you go for a full-size Blazer/Jimmy over the Bronco? I would. I feel slightly cramped in a Bronco, but not as much as in a Jeep - maybe its the seats. Mid-size is not a selling factor for me. I would prefer the Bronco be based off of the F-150.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My loyalty switched from GM to Ford during the economic downturn of 2008 (and subsequent), when Chrysler was sold (given, actually) to Fiat and GM took every nickel the government threw at them.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My loyalty switched from GM to Ford during the economic downturn of 2008 (and subsequent), when Chrysler was sold (given, actually) to Fiat and GM took every nickel the government threw at them.
I don't have any brand loyalty. I did have a household ban on GM since 2008. The only reason I lifted it was due to markups at Ford and Toyota dealers in my area. I refuse to buy a Dodge based on previous experience.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: What Could Have Been IMG_3362
I know. Chevy disappointed us on that fact.
Sponsored