Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our local small town dealer has been sitting on a pair of 4 door OBX soft tops for a month now and they've had very little interest shown in them from customers. Im guessing this is going to be the new norm for Broncos now. Lots of lower trims with few options and soft tops.

#CaptainObvious
What we might be seeing is reservation holders that initially picked up a lower trim just to have one and then they sold it to get the one they ordered.

Also rising interesting rates is definitely having an impact on the market. Along with softening used car values.
Sponsored

Buckinghorse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The market is certainly turning QUICKLY. We’re at the very beginning but it’s going to be a rough year.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep getting calls from sales people still trying sell at ADM for Bronco and Maverick. If the ADM market has really been that hot last couple months I don’t know why they still call me after I have made it clear I’ll pay msrp or under without add on fees? I think it’s really a matter of them calling to find suckers willing to still pay ADM in the current market. At the very least they are trying hard to find that person that will do $5k over as to when they wanted $10k over or 2.5k over if they originally had 5k over.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this thread is in direct opposition to every other thread trending on here now. I can see market differentiation between the soft top lower trims and the built units however, even on this forum we find people that think a bronco is a bronco.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep getting calls from sales people still trying sell at ADM for Bronco and Maverick. If the ADM market has really been that hot last couple months I don’t know why they still call me after I have made it clear I’ll pay msrp or under without add on fees? I think it’s really a matter of them calling to find suckers willing to still pay ADM in the current market. At the very least they are trying hard to find that person that will do $5k over as to when they wanted $10k over or 2.5k over if they originally had 5k over.
They will start to get desperate soon. Remember that some of them paid extra to even get some of these units. If they sell to you at MSRP they may take a bath. But that was their risk for overpaying.

Some consumers will be in the same boat but since they got use out of the vehicle they should expect to take a loss.

Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I stopped by the local Ford dealer lot on Sunday and they had two 4-door OBX for $60k, MSRP was $51K. Both soft tops without Lux or SAS. Ran into a guy there checking on Mach-E‘s, he’s a Tesla guy with Tesla stock and was checking the inventory of new electric vehicles on local lots. He also mentioned the market was likely to drop off significantly very soon but wasn’t sure the Bronco would be affected. I also shopped online this weekend and only found 3 OBX and Black Diamond Broncos below MSRP. Two were gone by the time I inquired and the 3rd is pending sale today. Plenty out there with ADM though so I’ll be interested to see if that changes soon.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealer lots both new and used are starting to fill, but not with high end Bronco builds. After todays Ford fiasco announcements when that gets out, its going to go back to very large ADMs.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No scientific facts to back this up, but my dealer has had four broncos on their lot for well over two weeks. They have an upfront ADM of $5K. Up til now this mark up hasn’t appeared to be an issue as all their previous available Broncos were snatched up immediately.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect you will see a lot of lower trim Broncos appear on dealer lots as most would have ordered higher trim. If Ford has available parts to build a lower trim Bronco, they are going to build it and send it out to a dealer. They are not going to sit on parts to fill a specific order.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No scientific facts to back this up, but my dealer has had four broncos on their lot for well over two weeks. They have an upfront ADM of $5K. Up til now this mark up hasn’t appeared to be an issue as all their previous available Broncos were snatched up immediately.
Yeah - we've got to be getting to the point where "normal people" are buying these, as the rich and famous have been supplied. For example, I can only afford to put 25k down - there is no way in hell I am going to roll dealership greed into my financing at these current rates! My dealer said that they do not do that anyway...

Sponsored
OP
OP
CrystalRedTintCoat

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is interesting b/c it seems to be congruent with the YouTuber’s point: Dealers trying to sell at high ADMs and doing so affect the Ford brand. Though, with Bronco, like any hot new model, dealers, at least here in CA, often charge ADMs unless you go the MTO (make to order) route.

Anyway, for the various reasons stated in this thread, it seems to be true that dealers may be sending Broncos to auction and as you point out above, its seems folks are saying “no, thank you” to the ADMs, even at +$5K.

OP
OP
CrystalRedTintCoat

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They will start to get desperate soon. Remember that some of them paid extra to even get some of these units. If they sell to you at MSRP they may take a bath. But that was their risk for overpaying.

Some consumers will be in the same boat but since they got use out of the vehicle they should expect to take a loss.
So, this is what a dealer in San Diego told me in Oct/Nov. They were buying on lot Broncos from across the country at premiums. If you wanted to buy from them it was +10K - +20k for a bronco. They wouldn’t sell at a loss.

I always thought it was super bad business practice, for them, to buy so Much inventory at a premium price. Perhaps they were just trying to negotiate.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, this is what a dealer in San Diego told me in Oct/Nov. They were buying on lot Broncos from across the country at premiums. If you wanted to buy from them it was +10K - +20k for a bronco. They wouldn’t sell at a loss.

I always thought it was super bad business practice, for them, to buy so Much inventory at a premium price. Perhaps they were just trying to negotiate.
Not necessarily. As a dealer your job is to sell cars, and if you can't get cars to sell from the manufacturer then you get whatever you can at whatever price you can. But as the market is shifting they can get caught and could lose.

OakHill

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

this is what my dealer said they were doing as well. They said they were doing it because once they sell them they get more bronco allocations from Ford so they thought it was worth wild. I wasn’t looking for a bronco so he showed me in his computer what they bought it for. Some were $10k over msrp and were trying to sell for $17k over. Not sure what the final was but seemed they were willing to take a small loss as long as they got the allocations
Sponsored