Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone had this issue with forscan? I have modified several other vehicles and never seen this

"If PCM has a custom tune installed, please enter strategy/calibraton name or part number of FACTORY PCM (ex. 5L3A-12A650-AYH)"

If so, what was your fix? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What year is your bronco? Mine did this with my 2023. I messaged FORSCAN and they sent me a beta version and it worked fine.

Boosty06

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What year is your bronco? Mine did this with my 2023. I messaged FORSCAN and they sent me a beta version and it worked fine.
Mine is a 2023 also, that may be the issue. Do you mind sending me the Beta version?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sorry if this has been discussed - I haven't found a specific thread about it.

At one point something changed with Powerpoint Timeout. I haven't had the chance to tap into Forscan in a while - but within the last year my DISABLED setting must have reset because it was no longer staying hot 24/7. I just logged in and noticed there is no longer the ability to DISABLE/ENABLE - but, only an amount of seconds. Is there a code for infinity?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am sorry if this has been discussed - I haven't found a specific thread about it.

At one point something changed with Powerpoint Timeout. I haven't had the chance to tap into Forscan in a while - but within the last year my DISABLED setting must have reset because it was no longer staying hot 24/7. I just logged in and noticed there is no longer the ability to DISABLE/ENABLE - but, only an amount of seconds. Is there a code for infinity?
From the reading I've done there's no setting for infinite, only a specified time that you can change. I forget how much of a delay you can set it to but I believe it's less than 24hrs. I was a little bummed about it as well.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From the reading I've done there's no setting for infinite, only a specified time that you can change. I forget how much of a delay you can set it to but I believe it's less than 24hrs. I was a little bummed about it as well.
Dang. That’s annoying. That definitely changed at one point due to an update. I for certain had it disabled for the first year+ of ownership. If I’m reading that calculator link correctly - max is 18 hours?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I just changed it to 64,800 and it worked. I tried to add an extra zero and it defaulted to 65,535. But, it errored out when writing. I assume 18 hours is now the max. Lame.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I just changed it to 64,800 and it worked. I tried to add an extra zero and it defaulted to 65,535. But, it errored out when writing. I assume 18 hours is now the max. Lame.
Yeah that sounds right, sucks but I guess it's better than it always being hot and running the battery down?

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah that sounds right, sucks but I guess it's better than it always being hot and running the battery down?
I had mine changed to the max (I think around 18 hours) and the battery died on me overnight when it got very cold. Then my Bronco kept going into deep sleep mode so I couldn't do auto start. I was going to change it back to something more reasonable about a week later but it was already changed to the default and it was already reset... I assumed it was an OTA update that did it.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had mine changed to the max (I think around 18 hours) and the battery died on me overnight when it got very cold. Then my Bronco kept going into deep sleep mode so I couldn't do auto start. I was going to change it back to something more reasonable about a week later but it was already changed to the default and it was already reset... I assumed it was an OTA update that did it.
Seriously? Over one night?

I guess running that ARB 12V outlet directly to the battery is on my project list.

I’ve been hooking up to a battery tender on cold nights and when I’m only commuting to work and home (1.5 miles).

I guess I should turn that way down for the winter months when I don’t need the 12v as much.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@amccue90 need to update the spreedsheet for the power point feature setting. There are two settings BdyCM "power point feature" which has enable/disable and "power point feature s" which has a timeout in seconds. Disabling the power point feature removes the timeout, so it makes the 12v hot at all times. No longer a need to do Hex/decimal conversions, just enter time in seconds.

I tested by changing the timeout setting to 300 seconds, my LED strips turned off after 5 minutes. I then disabled the feature and am able to power on my LED strips at any time now.

I didn't test the 12v in the arm rest, just the rear.

Who's in charge of the spreadsheet these days

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seriously? Over one night?

I guess running that ARB 12V outlet directly to the battery is on my project list.

I’ve been hooking up to a battery tender on cold nights and when I’m only commuting to work and home (1.5 miles).

I guess I should turn that way down for the winter months when I don’t need the 12v as much.
I'm in the middle of installing a hardwired 10A NOCO charger/maintainer in mine, along with an external plug adapter that also powers the block heater. Might be a good idea if you're going to bypass the battery protection, better than popping the hood open every time you park.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in the middle of installing a hardwired 10A NOCO charger/maintainer in mine, along with an external plug adapter that also powers the block heater. Might be a good idea if you're going to bypass the battery protection, better than popping the hood open every time you park.
I would like to know more about this plan of yours.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I maxed out at 17 hours. Anything more than that would throw me an error

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I maxed out at 17 hours. Anything more than that would throw me an error
Yeah I put in 18hrs and got an error as well, lost the page that had the corresponding codes, and ended up not changing it lol
Sponsored