rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have spoken too soon. The auto start/stop worked yesterday. However today it did not.

So yesterday after I mad my changes, I took my Bronco out a couple of times. Each time I took it out, I did not have to push the button to turn it off. It automatically came up off when I started the vehicle. There were several hours between trips. It worked as expected.

Today it was a different story. The button did not light up and I did have to push the button to turn this off.

I am very disappointed.

I am running Forscan version 2.3.51 test20230108. I changed setting 730-03-01 on the PSCM module as the Google Document shows.
Wow thanks for following up here. I almost lost my marbles since I have tried 3x now to disable the ASS with no success on my '23 Badlands SAS. Maybe Ford did something to put an end to this or Forscan needs another update. I finally gave up and ordered the Autostop Eliminator. I suppose if someone wanted to follow up with Forscan support with a diagnostic report from it they could take a look to see what is up with that 1 change that won't work.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gotta admit, had to double take when I read the post lol, I thought I read " Forskin tips " 😂😂😂
Some would argue that the internet is probably not the best place to post your forscan tip for everyone to see. Once it's on the internet, it's there forever. But hey, if it's a good one and you're proud of your forscan tip, might as well share it with the world...

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a couple of asks about what OBD2 link works. I went with this one that is listed in compatibility on forscan.org. It's Bluetooth so I didnt have to worry about a USB-A>C converter on my Surface.
Worked great on the forscan beta and Windows 11. No drivers to load or connection issues. Also works with IOS and Android.

Vgate vLinker FD+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scan Tool, Diagnostic Code Reader for iOS, Android, and Windows - Made for FORScan (amazon.com)

I saw some comments about bluetooth being slow but entire new map download (the longest thing during a normal forscan programming session) is probably <30 secs. I'll take that 30 seconds over having another set of cables/active adapters to worry about.

BIOHAZARDCYCLES

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor 2021 xt6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
VLINKER USB WORKS ON 23 BADLANDS SAS W NEWEST VERSION OF FORSCAN ON HIS SITE .. JUST PICKED IT UP TODAY AND INSTALLED SPORT MODE..

Sponsored

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Despite the manuals and the videos, I am not feeling confident doing this. I will bring my laptop into the garage and end up with a $50K paperweight.
I had the same fears. I'm moderately tech savvy but not mechanical. I found 3 or 4 decent videos like the one from 151 Garage, printed out the sheet with all the codes that was listed somewhere on here, and once I started was able to complete the job in under an hour.
So glad I did.

dashzero

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Harttop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Transmission and Engine and doors do you have?

beechdriver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may have spoken too soon. The auto start/stop worked yesterday. However today it did not.

So yesterday after I mad my changes, I took my Bronco out a couple of times. Each time I took it out, I did not have to push the button to turn it off. It automatically came up off when I started the vehicle. There were several hours between trips. It worked as expected.

Today it was a different story. The button did not light up and I did have to push the button to turn this off.

I am very disappointed.

I am running Forscan version 2.3.51 test20230108. I changed setting 730-03-01 on the PSCM module as the Google Document shows.

Interesting... I have a 23 Wildtrak. I made the same change a few weeks ago and it didn't work for me. This past week I installed a new bumper and winch, so had the battery disconnected for a while. Ever since then the Auto Start-Stop is disabled each time I start the vehicle. This has been several days now consistently working as expected. Hopefully it sticks.

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting... May be time to disconnect the battery for a bit... Did you lose any settings or have to reset anything else after the battery disconnect?

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to disable many things, but the one biggie on here has a button near the start button.... press 1 press 2 off to the zoo....

MotoFish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the plain English veiw available at this point?

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was following this thread and finally pulled the trigger.

I have a 2023 Badlands with SAS. I did a lot with Forscan today. Before making any change, I took a backup of each module to play it safe.

Added Sport Mode, got ride of the double honk, enabled Bambi mode and turned off several other warning chimes. Based ton this thread and several others, I wasn't sure if Auto Start/Stop would work. I made the change anyway and on my first drive, I did notice that the button on the console did say it was turned off. At a complete stop, engine still on.

Very happy so far.
I made many of the same changes, except for Auto Start/Stop. Although I did notice that when I'm in Sport Mode that ASS is turned off.

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Link is broken, where can we get the beta from? Is it still needed?

Can anyone walktrough how to backup asbuilt data? is it done also from forscan?

kbernard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tacoma work truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just down loaded the the new update for Forscan and got a new license's and after 3 attempts got it to log all the modules and up date the body control module to eliminate that terrible double honk. 23 Outer Banks non SAS.
Sponsored