Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really don’t quite understand this. Obviously to make the floor flat you have to raise that back part because the body isn’t going down any further in the front, so it gives you an option - aftermarket, for those who want the room - voila! But the comparison to the element is too much. If we are going to compare it to the bronco what exactly are you using this for, and not trying to be rude, but why would anyone cross shop a element and a Bronco. I understand the method of putting the seats on the sides which honestly doesn’t leave much room between, (for those who want more room I honestly do hope there is an easy way to just remove the seats). Making the floor flat will cost room and the seats would need to be thinner which could compromise comfort. I think they did very well with compromise trying to get this thing the best it can be with a set frame and idea. It’s amazing the amount of work put into developing this and making decisions you don’t even hear about. Maybe they will make a full-size bronco that lays flat and makes all the people who want that happy. But I see it that then people will complain it’s too big or it has a lift gate instead of a swing gate. Ok, I said my piece.

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 1599690158353
Sponsored

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL! I guess this is flat. All i know is the 2 door wrangler does this better.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm still leaves questions and more to be desired.
  1. This is still a prototype and fit and finish is an afterthought. Just look at the sports interior. It’s much better looking and has options with no carpet.

2. I’m really disappointed the two door doesn’t get a tailgate. I’m holding out hope that there is an accessory or option for it. I’d be happy to lose the interior space for it and maybe it would make the floor flat.

3. I really want to know how hard it is to take out the back seats and what it will look like back there without them. I’m hoping Ford thought that part through and have some options and ideas for us.

Esham

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me, the 2D rear looks to have benefitted from ZERO practical planning. Now, maybe this shit is all pre-pro & final production will be just peachy - but I doubt it. I'm not lookin for luxury - just plain ole' functionality...and Bronco misses the mark.

If you work your way past the split-level load floor...

This CO unit has leather seats, yet the backs of the rear seats appear to be cloth

No one can tell me if those rear headrests are totally removable - instead of sticking up like an afterthought.

Aftermarket fix is prolly $3-5K+

If anything, these pix have convinced me to maybe get a base model...at $1,000 under invoice - that's about what its worth.
I'm trying to be a better person these days.

You have a nice day.

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad they fold flatter than anything else we've seen. Now to address that gap between the rear seats.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am satisfied with the seats folding down like that. Definitely opens up the back a lot. I am sure there will be aftermarket stuff to go over the cloth. But I must say

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 1599692990942

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Glad they fold flatter than anything else we've seen. Now to address that gap between the rear seats.
That actually creates the perfect space for longer objects to sit flat even with occupants. Doubtful that skis would fit there, but hiking poles and the like would do well.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That has got to be the dumbest/most complicated seat folding since 2001. It’s just janky and silly. ?‍♂

I mean even Chrysler can figure out how to fold an entire captains chair into/under the floor with only one pull of a single strap. Chrysler. ?

JK

Sponsored

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly right now after watching that video, im more disappointed that the passenger front seat doesn't go forward more to allow much easier way of getting in back there. I know i know its a 2 door but that doesn't mean its gotta suck to get in. Especially considering that there is so much extra space up front to make it practical.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • I don't own any dogs (by choice), but if I was forced to have dependent children with zero income potential, they could damn well sit in the back and be happy about it...
Who says they can't have income potential? Haven't you seen the famous youtube and tiktok dogs? hahaha

I wonder if the rear seat flip forward hinders the driver's seat sliding back. If you have to scoot forward to use the stair step cargo area that'd be a drag
It does not. Yes, it restricts the lean angle (but not obtrusively, unless you like to roll gangsta style). I saw that the front seat can be slid all the way back. In fact, in the video you can see he slides it all the way back to the stop before going around to the back to lay the seat down the rest of the way. He does have to use a little force to get past the seat, but then it falls into place the rest of the way.

still no word if the back seats have any recline adjustability? forward is great, recline is a must for really long trips.
I will ask this tomorrow. Did not seem like there were any other "stops"/positions, but maybe that is something not included in the pre-production phase, but will make it to market.

Yes, there is quite the gap both with the seats up and when folded down. If you plan to have dogs back there, you would need to fill the gap with a blanket so their legs don't fall through.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
still no word if the back seats have any recline adjustability? forward is great, recline is a must for really long trips.
One thing I noticed in the pics provided is that there is a really nice natural angle to the seat bottoms in the 2-door Bronco.

When a seat bottom is flat as a board, that really impacts the comfort just as much as the recline does on short trips.

Back seat in the Super Cab Ranger is a pretty miserable place to be with the seating surfaces essentially being a 90 degree angle at flat vertical and horizontal.

Reactions: RG7

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Works for me! Perfect place to put the dogs when we go for a ride.
Sponsored