Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
By all means, go buy a jeep and leave us alone.
Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To clarify before I start I think the bronco is an excellent vehicle and I have been looking for one for 2 years now but as of January 2023 Jeep is much cheaper.

Right off the bat the dealer markups put the bronco on par with the msrp of the equivalent wranglers but the jeep dealerships are already offering prices below list and additional discount incentives. One incentive I have seen was an offer of $12000 off the list price if you place a factory order through this dealer. I love the bronco but I dont think it is worth $12000 more than a Jeep. Even if i get a bronco at list price i could still save $7000 with a wrangler. Can anyone help me justify the pricing of a bronco over a wrangler?
Cute, all the girls drive Jeeps

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At that Dealer, in the fine print, it looks like the $12,000 off example refers to a Ram Truck 3500 with an MSRP of $100,000. I was looking at my local Jeep dealer's website. It also talked about $12,000. But, in the fine print, it referred to the $7,500 tax credit for the 4xE's. So, yeah, gotta look at it carefully.

On the plus side, they were advertising discounts on many vehicles. For example, $3,000 off MSRP on a Rubicon. Perhaps the dam is breaking on these crazy car prices we've seen for the last couple of years.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless ya get a killer deal on a diesel or 392 or find a 2dr sport with ac and stick, get a Bronco

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So does it count if I'm a Granger customer who's under invoice pricing and not paying a $10k ADM?

But yeah, get what you want you don't have to justify it to us but you might want to read the fine print on that $12k off.
No, it just makes you a person who got stuck waiting while other dealers currently have units on lots ready to sell. I picked up mine 9/2021 and paid MSRP.....

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another thing, I never used Chantilly-Fair Oaks, but it would be hard to believe anyone in the area beats Koons. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but on the Jeep forums, Koons is the high volume dealer we go to in the Mid-Atlantic region (there may be one in Philly iirc).

Koons gave me 8k under MSRP my 90k 392...and that's special pricing if you contact them via email and reference jeep forum membership.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
For giggles I spec'd jeeps and couldn't match our bronco's setup at any price.
Yeah that's the biggest issue with Jeep pricing. LED headlights? Bronco - standard, Jeep, nearly 2K. Hardtop (2 door) Bronco standard, Jeep, nearly 2k.

It all adds up very quickly.

Jimmy B

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hemi Challenger Jeep Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my area I can’t drive 5 minutes without seeing 10 jeeps. I wasn’t going to add to that craziness even though I’ve been seeing a lot more broncos lately.
I’d see 15 in that time. When I shopped for my Scat Pack I wanted one that wasn’t one you see often. I opted for the Shaker package and I’ve never looked back. Same with my brand new 23 Black Dimond Sas. It’s whatever floats your boat.

90FB4FF6-F2DB-4791-BB8F-76437F28F2D2.jpeg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, it just makes you a person who got stuck waiting while other dealers currently have units on lots ready to sell. I picked up mine 9/2021 and paid MSRP.....
Ford Bronco Jeep is more affordable ben-stiller-eye-roll

Sponsored

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please let me know which Jeep dealer is giving 12k off on a factory order.
Ourisman Clarksville MD
Central Jeep in Raynham MA
Gupton, Springfield TN

At least those are some of the dealers that have sold a lot of Jeep 4xes at over 12k off MSRP the last 2 years (12k includes $7500 EV credit plus % discount off MSRP).
Really not trying to be the guy putting more Jeep info on a Bronco site, but if we're talking 4xe, it's 100% true that 12k off has been easy to get

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The resistance is strong with the Jeep Peeps........ Jeep, Jeeeep, Jeep.........Jeeeeeeeeep, Jeep, jeeeeeeeeepeeeee.........Jeep....Jeeeeeeep.......

🤦‍♂️

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just came out of a 4xe High Altitude and can tell you that the difference is truly night and day. And this coming from someone who truly loved his JLU. Part of me actually prefers the exterior look of the Jeep as well...but just a part. I couldn't decide when I purchased it whether to go with a Rubicon or High Altitude, and my wife pushed hard for the HA as she loved the Light Grey Leather interior...so I ended up buying what I refer to as a Barbie Jeep. My reasons for moving to the Bronco were across several areas: Steering, Ride Comfort, Interior/Infotainment

Steering: I never expected Porsche levels of steering, but I also never expected to be CONSTANTLY adjusting my steering based on the smallest bumps in the road. Additionally some larger bumps would cause Death Wobble which required not one, not two, but three trips to the dealer to get everything tightened back up.

Ride Comfort: This is the IFS v Solid Axle discussion in a nutshell. I seriously considered my use case and in the end there was no need or benefit to me for the Wrangler solid front axle...if anything it was a hindrance given the steering issues above. And don't get me started on seat comfort. The Jeep seats looked nice, but think twice about any ride that lasted an hour or more. Whether it's the standard Bronco seats or the one's in my Raptor, the Jeep can't hold a candle to either. Add the extra leg and head room and the gap widens exponentially.
  • Is a Wrangler better suited to rock climbing? YES.
  • Do I rock climb? Nope.
  • Do I enjoy off-road driving, esp trails or even desert/sand? Yep.
  • Do I drive off-road more than 5% of the miles I drive? Nope
Interior/Infotainment: This one can be seen as a close contest as both have their advantages and challenges. I didn't dislike the Jeep interface but it certainly felt a generation behind, even compared to the base 8in Bronco setup. But it worked well and wasn't too complicated. The standard Bronco dash is decent and the Raptor one is more than a step up. I relate it this way: Jeep is v1.0, Standard Bronco is like v2.5 and Braptor is v4.0.

My go/no-go decision on the Bronco was the Off-Roadeo. I drove my Wrangler down to Austin from Dallas on decent highways and backroads. Then spent a day banging around trails and rocks in a Bronco. Then drove back to Dallas in the Wrangler. Decision was made right then that I'd be much happier with the Bronco on a daily basis that my Wrangler...and I loved my Wrangler.

Added commentary: If you're considering a 4xe just be prepared for Jeeps lack of preparedness. I LOVED the ability to run almost all errands on electric-only and charge at home. For me, charging at home was ~1/3 the cost of equivalent gas expense and I have a lvl2 charger in my house, so very convenient. But my 4xe also spent over 6 weeks in service over the 18 months of ownership with so many recalls and TSBs that it would make your head spin. And most Jeep dealerships have very limited staff certified to work on the 4xe platform. I suspect that will improve with the additional 4xe models coming...we'll see how that works out for them. I perceive the 4xe platform as a value differentiator for Jeep that they needed to get out ahead of their competition, but feels like it was released a year or two earlier than it should have been.

So, when comparing the 'affordability' of the two, make sure you're comparing actual out-the-door costs of the two and not forgetting to balance that with your personal preference of the products themselves. How much savings are worth passing a Bronco of your wishes on the road and wishing you had made a different choice?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can not and will not. Buy the jeep. Money is everything
Sponsored