Sponsored

Badlands with 7MT (Best options for 35" tires)

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changed my plans and now have a build scheduled. Advise would be appreciated on solid options to lift and level for 35" tires (Badlands with 7MT)
- Prefer options to retain the OME shocks
- spacer or perch collar? or combination of both
- Is there a replacement spring option like Eibach (which I purchased for what was going to be a sasquatch order and now is a none sasquatch order)

I don't plan on above 35" tires. I will add the performance tune to get torque and horsepower bumped up. Will add use Icon rebound pro wheels and goodyear sasquatch tires (so my weight is in check)

EDIT 1/26/23: The feedback I have received is the badlands Bilstein non-sasquatch strut is the same as the sasquatch strut with the difference being; the perch collar on the sasquatch is set at a different elevation 0.43" higher. The bump stop on the sasquatch is also 0.4" taller to prevent the 35" tire from contacting the wheel well at full compression. Conclusion that I make is the badlands suspension none-sasquatch can be converted to sasquatch with those two simple modification (perch collars 0.43" minimum plus add 0.4" bump stop extension)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are starting with a stock Badlands I really don't think you need any lifting to get from 33" to 35".

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't *need* any lift for 35s if you keep the wheel offset reasonable. An extra inch up front looks less stuffed and better though IMO.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't *need* any lift for 35s if you keep the wheel offset reasonable. An extra inch up front looks less stuffed and better though IMO.
Zero offset on the Icon rebound.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU CAN use the Eibach springs on your Non-SAS Badlands with the piggyback Bilstein shocks. The only difference in the shocks is 0.43" of body, but they have the same travel and same spring perches. The Eibach springs will have a higher spring rate to provide you with the lift over the stock softer springs. You can also install the Zone 1" front level kit while you have the shocks out.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU CAN use the Eibach springs on your Non-SAS Badlands with the piggyback Bilstein shocks. The only difference in the shocks is 0.43" of body, but they have the same travel and same spring perches. The Eibach springs will have a higher spring rate to provide you with the lift over the stock softer springs. You can also install the Zone 1" front level kit while you have the shocks out.
If this is correct about the Eibach (I have those purchased and I’m position when my original plan was Sasquatch build). I see that the part numbers are different for the none Sasquatch bilstiens. But I am not yet understanding if these Eibach springs are will fit. Based on your feedback I do need to get that validatyed with Eibach technical support (My next step).

So is it your understanding that these two shock are the same (and the Eibach spring is compatible with either)

Thanks

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I have found is that the aftermarket refers to the yellow Bilstein shocks as "Sasquatch". As far as the aftermarket is concerned every Badlands is a Sasquatch because they have the Bilstein shocks. The Non-Sas Badlands shocks are just a "Special" version with 0.43" less body length/height. The link below is LONG but well worth a read through. Your Eibach springs will work just fine with what you have.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

Edit: I've got a non-Sas Badlands and I WISH I would have had the Eibach springs ready to go with. I did my lift with 2.25"fr/1.25"rear perch collars and the Zone 1" front level kit. (I'm running a winch and didn't want the forward rake).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I have found is that the aftermarket refers to the yellow Bilstein shocks as "Sasquatch". As far as the aftermarket is concerned every Badlands is a Sasquatch because they have the Bilstein shocks. The Non-Sas Badlands shocks are just a "Special" version with 0.43" less body length/height. The link below is LONG but well worth a read through. Your Eibach springs will work just fine with what you have.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/
You all are great. Really appretiate the knowledge shared

Sponsored

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are starting with a stock Badlands I really don't think you need any lifting to get from 33" to 35".
I updated my research. A taller bump stop is required on the badlands none-sasquatch strut or risk of wheel well contact is possible with the OEM sasquatch tire/wheel package. The sasquatch strut has the perch collar set at a higher elevation 0.43". So two those things required to get to sasquatch spec

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I updated my post with my findings. Looks like a bump stop extension should be installed if doing 35s (sasquatch OEM wheels / tires). And the saquatch lift is achieved with preload from the factory by setting the perch at a different elevation

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I updated my post with my findings. Looks like a bump stop extension should be installed if doing 35s (sasquatch OEM wheels / tires). And the saquatch lift is achieved with preload from the factory by setting the perch at a different elevation
I never needed a bump stop extension and I've worked the suspension hard.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You all are great. Really appretiate the knowledge shared
Eibach has a badlands none sasquatch at their shop today for testing. I am waiting for their final results. The feedback I have so far is the difference between the badlands none sasquatch and sasquatch shocks are the perch collar on sasquatch is set at a higher elevation which is how the additional 0.43 inch lift is established. The bump stops are also longer by 0.4 inches so that the 35" does not make contact with wheel well at full compression. The Eibach springs may just be the ticket (along with bump stop extended) to a good lift height for 35" and keeping everything inside of the operating parameters Ford intended
Sponsored