First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone had asked, is the signal at the wires to the AMP or do they need turned on in Forscan?
No the signal is NOT there. Another forum member mailed me his functional amp that he replaced with upgrades. I took this and plugged it into my bronco harness with a new subwoofer attached and got absolutely NOTHING. I pinned out the harness with a volt meter, results are earlier in this thread. Forscan might be able to turn the signal on but its a lot of work for no good reason. The factory power wires there are too small to run any after market amp so you'll be pulling the car apart away. Just upgrade.
Sponsored

JimV

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner, Sequoia & Rav4, Ford Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went down this path and sharing my experience. I replaced the dash speakers with Hertz 100.3 w/ 300Hz blockers, which turned out pretty well. The dash speaker grills were a pain to get out so be careful. I have all the panel removal tools and it still was a pain. I would recommend this upgrade without hestitation.

The sub is a whole different story. I was able to get an 8" Rockford Fostage shallow sub installed in the stock enclosure, but it did take considerable effort. I made a template, then used a router to cut the enclosure to allow for the sub. I did have to use a jigsaw in some parts - so not the prettiest of jobs. Also, plastic goes everywhere inside the enclosure, which needs to be cleaned out.

The non-functional sub, was more like a 6 3/4" or 6 1/2" sub, the stock enclosure cutout diameter was 5 9/16" so the cutout diameter needed to be enlarged for the 8" sub. I expect something like a Kicker 48CWRT672 could fit easily without modification to the stock enclosure. Also, it wouldnt take to much effort to secure the smaller kicker sub in place. I have no idea how a six inch sub would sound though or if it would make any difference.

I plan on enabling a working factory amp via ForScan and let everyone know the results (ie does it make a diference). I don't have high hopes for the ForScan method with the factory amp - I doubt it will push it if it works. Also, I havent found any low wattage OE style subs that would make it worth the effort. I cant image the working amp/subs that are installed in the early 2023 models, really work all that well. In the end, I plan on just buying a t-harness and running a running cables to an aftermakert amp to power the sub.

After all the effort I put into this thus far, I wonder if the best option is just to replace the kick panel speakers and the dash speakers with aftermarket and drive them with an aftermarket amp (kicker 200.4 or the audison setup) leaving the non functional amp/sub as it is. When it comes to electronics, I prefer to keep things OE as much as possible.

Im not an audiophile, so please keep this in mind. Also, I am pretty handy with wood working, electronics and computers and have a fair mount of tools to do something like this.

** At a minimum, you will need these tools to make these changes:
- Remove sub enclosure the vehicle: 8mm - careful with clips
- Remove sub from the stock enclosure: T20 Torx
- Remove amp for the stock enclosure: Philips screw driver
- Trim removal panel tools.

Please see the attached pics; I have a bunch more if you want to see specific things.

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6741.jpeg

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6733.jpeg

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The non-functional sub, was more like a 6 3/4" or 6 1/2" sub, the stock enclosure cutout diameter was 5 9/16" so the cutout diameter needed to be enlarged for the 8" sub. I expect something like a Kicker 48CWRT672 could fit easily without modification to the stock enclosure. Also, it wouldnt take to much effort to secure the smaller kicker sub in place. I have no idea how a six inch sub would sound though or if it would make any difference.
Just got my window sticker and looks like I am getting the non-functional sub. I would prefer to not mess with cutting any body panels or enclosures. If I can fit that Kicker 48CWRT672 in the factory sub enclosure, is it possible to add a tiny amp in the same spot (any recommendations?) and rewire just for the sub? I don't mind adding additional wiring, but I just don't want to mess with cutting any body panels.

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a very nice forum member send me their stock sub and amp as well. I’m going to follow all of this and try to enable the oem system after my bronco arrives with the subwoofer delete. I sincerely hope there is some way to get the system to work without lots of anguish or cost.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a very nice forum member send me their stock sub and amp as well. I’m going to follow all of this and try to enable the oem system after my bronco arrives with the subwoofer delete. I sincerely hope there is some way to get the system to work without lots of anguish or cost.
Would anyone on the forum would be so kind to send me their stock amp and sub too? I want to attempt this as well on mine and I will pay you for your shipping.

Sponsored

JimV

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner, Sequoia & Rav4, Ford Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my window sticker and looks like I am getting the non-functional sub. I would prefer to not mess with cutting any body panels or enclosures. If I can fit that Kicker 48CWRT672 in the factory sub enclosure, is it possible to add a tiny amp in the same spot (any recommendations?) and rewire just for the sub? I don't mind adding additional wiring, but I just don't want to mess with cutting any body panels.
I've not found any amps that small. Even the kicker 500.1 will take a small amount of effort to secure correctly - plus the wiring. Maybe a piece of acrylic or wood to attach it to the enclosure. I guess you could always attach it to the car itself and there are places to do that. I would inquire with other users on this forum to see if they want to give up thier amp;

Also there is this FordMoCo amp - it is the same size as the one installed in the bronco: By the link it looks like it's for a Fusion. It looks exactly the same but who knows. I do have both so I'll test as well. https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/.

- The amp serial numbers are the same **** Except for the very 2 last characters****
- The non functional Bronco amp ends with XA; the Ford Fusion amp ends with AB

Something else to note about the speaker enclosure - it has 110watt 2ohm x 2 ohm; The kicker speaker i noted in my first post would support this configuration.

Below are more pics for the measurement of the nonfunctional amp: approximately 7.5x4x2 (l*w*h).

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6747

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6745

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6744

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6743

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6742

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6751

Last edited:

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've not found any amps that small. Even the kicker 500.1 will take a small amount of effort to secure correctly - plus the wiring. Maybe a piece of acrylic or wood to attach it to the enclosure. I guess you could always attach it to the car itself and there are places to do that. I would inquire with other users on this forum to see if they want to give up thier amp;

Also there is this FordMoCo amp - it is the same size as the one installed in the bronco: By the link it looks like it's for a Fusion. It looks exactly the same but who knows. I do have both so I'll test as well. https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...und-system-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-t163700/.

- The amp serial numbers are the same **** Except for the very 2 last characters****

Something else to note about the speaker enclosure - it has 110watt 2ohm x 2 ohm; The kicker speaker i noted in my first post would support this configuration.

Below are more pics for the measurement of the nonfunctional amp: approximately 7.5x4x2 (l*w*h).

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed IMG_6751

If you are looking for a small sub amp check this out, NA2-400.1 Nautic 400 Watt Amplifier | MB Quart , measures 2"x4"x6" an sold on amazon for $115 Amazon.com: MB Quart NA2-400.1 Compact 400 watt Mono Powersports Amplifier to for a subwoofer : Electronics

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

I just bought and installed this amp in the factory location on the OEM enclosure, fit easily.

Soundstream Reserve RSM1.2000D Compact Class-D Mono Subwoofer Amplifier 709483061125 | eBay

ntweather

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands, 2021 Jetta SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished adding a kicker hideaway 8 in that location. I just removed the deleted sub box and ran all new wires and tapped off the front speakers. Changed out all of the speakers with kicker (Bass blockers on the 4's) and did the 3800/0900 forscan change as well but have NOT added the the kicker key. I am surprised by the amount of nice clean bass that box puts out. I think it sounds great now, and don't feel the need for the kicker key at the moment, everything looks stock and I could not be happier.

It's not in this picture but after the kill mat I even filled both "channels" in the fender with poly and I think that made a difference!

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed PXL_20230310_150423199

Last edited:

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just finished adding a kicker hideaway 8 in that location. I just removed the deleted sub box and ran all new wires and tapped off the front speakers. Changed out all of the speakers with kicker (Bass blockers on the 4's) and did the 3800/0900 forscan change as well but have NOT added the the kicker key. I am surprised by the amount of nice clean bass that box puts out. I think it sounds great now, and don't feel the need for the kicker key at the moment, everything looks stock and I could not be happier.

It's not in this picture but after the kill mat I even filled both "channels" in the fender with poly and I think that made a difference!

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed PXL_20230310_150423199
That's awesome, I was actually just going to ask the question as to if this Rockville powered sub would fit there.
https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW...mzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685

I looked up the specs of the Kicker, and it is slightly larger, so I'm good to go. Do you feel the forscan changes are necessary?

Sponsored

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know what weight the stock 4" speaker magnets are? I want to replace them with something similar in weight. I searched but couldn't find it, yet remember someone mentioning it before.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
thanks, the 8" fits good then? Do you know about how much air space is in the box?
It's tight and you do have to trim about a 1/2 inch circle out to fit since the stock sub is so small. I'm not sure what the volume is but I used poly fill and sound deadener and it sounds good for a single 8". Here's a pic of what needed to be trimmed.
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed Bronco OEM Sub Box

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed Sub finished
Sponsored