Sponsored

Private Offer Cert and Price Protection Survey (2023MY Broncos)

For those who should've qualified, what was the PO/PP outcome for your order?

• Most/all of PP applied at time of sale, while PO RECEIVED via check later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

unclefrankisabigjerk

Wildtrak
First Name
HeyitsmeUrNeybr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray Bronco Wildtrak (2.7L, Auto)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're not familiar with these topics, please first refer to @RagnarKon's excellent thread and flowchart on private offers and price protection to which you may be entitled.

I'm hoping to get a feel for the number of Bronco reservation/order-holders who should've qualified, per the flowchart, for...

PO: 2023 MY Transition Private Offer AND
PP: automatic price protection for mid-2023 price increases

Looking to understand the real-world outcome of your attempts to collect on this.

This survey is specifically for those who should have qualified for both based on the flowchart. I realized there were other types of offers from Ford as well but this survey is specific to A and B noted above.

EDIT: Ugh accidentally posted before I was through creating this post and I'm not seeing an obvious delete option. Just quickly added the poll so we'll see how this goes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received PO and Order Modification Certificates for around $4,900. My dealer (Metropolitan Ford in Minnesota) did not honor the $1500 for mid-year price increases. I was basically told to pound sand when asking for that reduction.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Received PO and Order Modification Certificates for around $4,900. My dealer (Metropolitan Ford in Minnesota) did not honor the $1500 for mid-year price increases. I was basically told to pound sand when asking for that reduction.
That's a bunch of crap. That goes straight into their pockets. Doesn't take a dime out of their pockets, just lines it with more.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feb 2021 BL 2dr 2.7 order with Chapman Ford of Horsham.

At time of sale I received the following:

- MY Transition Private Offer
- Equipment Modification Private Offer (SAS/LUX)
- Full Retail Price Protection
- Chapman Deal of 3% under Invoice

All of above was applied during the sale. They had no hesitation stacking the private offers or understanding retail price protection. They honored everything to the penny.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a bunch of crap. That goes straight into their pockets. Doesn't take a dime out of their pockets, just lines it with more.
Agreed. I had a signed PO where I inserted the language that the “Dealer must apply for and remit any available price protection offered by Ford”. I gave all the documentation and was told I can take their offer or they’ll sell it with an ADM to someone else.

I didn’t spend another single dime with them on financing or extended warranties even after they offered to match Granger’s deal and my Credit Union loan rate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
unclefrankisabigjerk

unclefrankisabigjerk

Wildtrak
First Name
HeyitsmeUrNeybr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray Bronco Wildtrak (2.7L, Auto)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of above was applied during the sale. They had no hesitation stacking the private offers or understanding retail price protection. They honored everything to the penny.
Did you have to explain how it all works to them? My dealer claims to be afraid Ford won't honor the rebates that should come back to the dealer. They're insisting it's "one or the other, not both" even though I have a private offer cert number and my window sticker has a 5/5 invoice date, which means I should get (for my build) $4350 in PP.

Would love to have a chat with your salesperson if possible. Could you PM me?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer told me when I reserved he would sell at MSRP. Bronc came in and the first day I went to purchase it they would not honor the PP, they were just giving me the PO. So Sales Manager said he would have to "reach out" to someone. A couple of days later he called and said there was only the PO. To which I explained to him for about the 5th time about the PP. Mine was built the beginning of Mar there was a price increase in Feb, my order got a build date in Jan of 2023. So I got more run around he claimed he didn't "see that". So finally in the comment section of the sales slip he made a note that said if they would get re-invoiced he would pass the money on to me.

I explained to him it could take up to 60 days to go through. Needless to say I did not expect to see the PP. Figured he was just giving me the run a round. I was ready to bad mouth them till the cows come home. About a week after the 60 days were up I got a call. "Your check is here". I was floored, couldn't believe it. I don't know if he was just BSing me or he did not think he was going to get it. I was their first reservation (Aug of 2020). The other early orders they had, the customer backed out. So I think they thought they would not get the money because they did not get the money from the others. It could have been also that he just thought I was not paying attention and thought I would not know about the added PP.

In the end I ended up with around 6K off the sticker price which took me back the original MSRP from my Jan of 2021 order.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to explain how it all works to them? My dealer claims to be afraid Ford won't honor the rebates that should come back to the dealer. They're insisting it's "one or the other, not both" even though I have a private offer cert number and my window sticker has a 5/5 invoice date, which means I should get (for my build) $4350 in PP.

Would love to have a chat with your salesperson if possible. Could you PM me?
Well, yes and no.

I provided the two Private Offer Certificate Offers, which they saw in smart vincent and stacked no problem.

Chapman has a sales and order team members -- they're different. When my Bronco arrived I was handed to a sales guy (never met) that puts the paperwork together. He's handling everyone, including dealer stock, and after the fact I learned Chapman couple of "invoice" programs.

Yes, there was some "confusion" at first. I didn't help the situation by dropping leather after getting scheduled and in the middle of price changes.

Anyway, I just got in touch with the GM who provided my invoice DORA print outs and he got it immediately -- within minutes. Their e-mails to me even included notation that said it's DORA (at order) pricing (minus Chapman Discounts).

OBTW, I did this via e-mail/phone from TX and they're in PA.

If your having problems get ahold of the Sales Manager or General Manager...Retail Price Protection is not a mystery. If they act like it is...well that says it all.

65 Cobra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette, 22 4Runner TRD, 22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer honored MSRP at the time of the order in 2022, plus gave me the PO.

Net- I purchased for over 7k off window sticker.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same for me, I didn’t change my order so there was not an equipment modification for me. Chapman is a great dealership to do business with.

Sponsored

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Be aware of Five Star Ford in Lewisville, Texas, who refuses to honor the full price protection. You might not have received full price protection there which is what happened to me.

During November 2022, I received a price protection certificate for my Wildtrak Bronco which I ordered on March 17, 2021. I understood that this was for the 2021/22 price protection. My vehicle never arrived and was re-ordered during late 2022 as a 2023 Wildtrak model.

During January 2023, I accepted Ford's private offer of $2500 due to the constraints on the Wildtrak model and some of the options so I changed my order to a Badlands and dropped the Sasquatch and High Package options. The retail price for the Badlands was $57,035.

I now had a price protection certificate for $3880 for the years prior to 2023 and a $2500 private offer certificate for changing my order from a Wildtrak to a Badlands.

After my order for the Badlands was submitted to Ford during Jan. 2023, Ford Motor Company had price increases during February, March and April 2023. When my Bronco arrived during June 2023, the retail price for my Badlands went up $2650 to $59,585 from the price of $57,035 which was the price when it was ordered during January 2023. The general manager and new car sales manager would not honor the $2650 price increases from February, March and April 2023.

I had my Badlands VIN run in a Ford vehicle locator program at another dealership to determine if any adjustments were made to the retail sticker price which was not reflected on the current window sticker. Within this program, it indicated that the sticker price was $59,585 and the adjusted MSRP was $56,935 - a difference of $2650.

Window Sticker Price: $59, 585
(amount I purchased it for minus my two certificates)

Adjusted MSRP Price: $56,935
(amount I should have paid for the Bronco minus the two certificates)

Invoice to the dealer: $54,869 (amount the dealer paid for the Badlands)

I have now taken up the general manager's refusal to honor the 2023 price increases with the owner of the dealership.

Last edited:

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford gave me a certificate number and said it was redeemed. Contacted dealer and I'm still investigating. Never received anything and not even mentioned at time of purchase or later. Where did my $1995 go? Not to me so far. 🤷

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be aware of Five Star Ford in Lewisville, Texas, who refuses to honor the full price protection. You might not have received full price protection there which is what happened to me.

During November 2022, I received a price protection certificate for my Wildtrak Bronco which I ordered on March 17, 2021. I understood that this was for the 2021/22 price protection. My vehicle never arrived and was re-ordered during late 2022 as a 2023 Wildtrak model.

During January 2023, I accepted Ford's private offer of $2500 due to the constraints on the Wildtrak model and some of the options so I changed my order to a Badlands and dropped the Sasquatch and High Package options. The retail price for the Badlands was $57,035.

I now had a price protection certificate for $3880 for the years prior to 2023 and a $2500 private offer certificate for changing my order from a Wildtrak to a Badlands.

After my order for the Badlands was submitted to Ford during Jan. 2023, Ford Motor Company had price increases during February, March and April 2023. When my Bronco arrived during June 2023, the retail price for my Badlands went up $2650 to $59,585 from the price of $57,035 which was the price when it was ordered during January 2023. The general manager and new car sales manager would not honor the $2650 price increases from February, March and April 2023.

I had my Badlands VIN run in a Ford vehicle locator program at another dealership to determine if any adjustments were made to the retail sticker price which was not reflected on the current window sticker. Within this program, it indicated that the sticker price was $59,585 and the adjusted MSRP was $56,935 - a difference of $2650.

Window Sticker Price: $59, 585
(amount I purchased it for minus my two certificates)

Adjusted MSRP Price: $56,935
(amount I should have paid for the Bronco minus the two certificates)

Invoice to the dealer: $54,869 (amount the dealer paid for the Badlands)

I have now taken up the general manager's refusal to honor the 2023 price increases with the owner of the dealership.
Sounds a lot like my experience at Metropolitan Ford in Eden Prairie, MN back in April. Dealer and Sales Manager knew full well I was entitled to $1500 in price protection, just refused to pass that savings to me.

I was over it until I started reading this thread!

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford gave me a certificate number and said it was redeemed. Contacted dealer and I'm still investigating. Never received anything and not even mentioned at time of purchase or later. Where did my $1995 go? Not to me so far. 🤷

Where did your certificate go? It could have gone to one place only and that would have been the dealer who probably figured out a way to keep it.

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed!