Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer also took it all off up front. They also considered the PO a rebate, I was taxed on that portion and it wasn’t considered a discount, Instead applied as credit toward the sales price.
Whether taxed or not varies by state. In PA, the vehicle is taxed after the rebates and incentives are applied. So it makes a big difference when the retail PP is applied. If the dealer sends a check later, you end up paying tax on it at delivery. If taken off at the sale, the RPP is not taxed (based on the state you are in).

Pennsylvania taxes vehicle purchases after rebates or incentives are applied to the price
Sponsored

buckjones

Heritage
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HE 2 dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Same for me. January 2022 order, no changes ever made. Had to fight for the price protection over and above the private offer but finally got it.
Picked my bronco up yesterday; dealer did not honor price protection for order placed 9/2022 for 2023 model. No changes in order. Claimed my private offer was meant to replace price protection which no longer in effect. Did not escalate as I was talking to a manager.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based on this thread and the great detailed information provided by @RagnarKon, as well as my own experience working with my Flood Ford Sales Manger, your dealer is either misinformed or taking advantage of you. You should have received credit for your private offer as well as price protection if you had a signed DORA.

In researching the price protection offered from FORD Manufacturing, there are two forms of price protection in play:

• Private Offers – Model Year 2022; Transition Private Offer (Smart Vincent) covers price increases between model years (ie. 2021 -> 2023)
    • (Smart Vincent -Call Customer Support for your Certificate #)
  • Retail Price Protection - covers price increases within 2023 model years (ie. since 2023 order banks opened) This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect buyer from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements. The retail price protection comes from your dealer, and then Ford reimburses your dealer on the backend.
  • Feb 10, 2023, Price Increase =
  • March 15,2023, Price Increase =
  • March 15, 2023, Option/package increases: HD Mod Bumper, SAS, MIC Hard Top =
  • April 10, 2023 =
  • June 30, 2023 – N/A – Based on when Window Sticker generated on or after 6/23/2023

FYI - I stopped tracking Price increases once I received my window sticker in June or 2023.

I used the following tables built by @RagnarKon to calculate my PP for my Bronco:
Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1702663665868

Ford Bronco Ultimate 2023MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1702663734803

Qualify for Price increases:
  • Column B (Prior order to 9/9/2022) – Private offer in Smart Vincent = $2925
  • Column C – Feb 10, 2023, Price Increase = $1500
  • Column D – March 15,2023, Price Increase = $750
  • Column DD – March 15, 2023 Option/package increases: HD Mod Bumper, MIC Hard Top, SAS Package = $1350 w/out SAS or $2100 w/SAS

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Retail price protection is for the price increase during model year 2023. Private transition offer is for 2021-2022 price increases. As Bryon states above, your dealer is responsible for the 2023 PP and it is not out of their pocket and the 21-22 PO is from Ford providing you qualify. My dealer took it all off up front. Because it is paid from Ford later, some opt to send you the check later. The PO is considered a rebate and my state taxed that portion and wasn’t considered a discount from the sales price.

I’m being told the price protection and my private offer can not be stacked together. I have a $2500 price protection or $6k ish in private offer. Ordered 10/15/2021.
when I did the flow chart it showed around 10,920 off.

Has anyone received both price protection and the private offer?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m being told the price protection and my private offer can not be stacked together. I have a $2500 price protection or $6k ish in private offer. Ordered 10/15/2021.

Yep. Many, many of us got both. You should too.

I had a 10/01/2021 reservation picked up late May this year.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, I received both.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Absolutely you should receive both. My dealer deducted the private offer from my 2022 DORA which is basically the sticker price before the price increases. At this point, dealers should be well aware of what the buyer is entitled to, so I can't believe they are ignorant to how price protection works. IMO, they are trying to get over on you and pocket the money.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, almost everybody. Your dealer is either incompetence or sleazy. (or both)

The "Private Offer" is literally a private, for you, offer. It's a Ford Factory Rebate with your name on it.

Retail price protection is a Ford Program that Ford has had for decades. And I do mean decades. At least going back to the 60's. It applies to any Ford family vehicle that has a mid-year price increase.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yes, I received both on my 3/05/2022 order. You should also get both as the dealer will be compensated by FOMOCO.

The dealer should know there are two forms of price protection in play:

Private Offers – Model Year 2022; Transition Private Offer (Smart Vincent) covers price increases between model years (ie. 2021 -> 2023) (Smart Vincent -Call Customer Support for your Certificate #)
Retail Price Protection - covers price increases within 2023 model years (ie. since 2023 order banks opened) This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect buyer from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements. The retail price protection comes from your dealer, and then Ford reimburses your dealer on the backend.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there a way a consumer can call Ford and get the total of what is due or coming back to the dealer to know you got everything they’re going to get?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way a consumer can call Ford and get the total of what is due or coming back to the dealer to know you got everything they’re going to get?
Nah, Ford's customer service doesn't have access to the necessary information.

The customer service reps have access to Smart VINCENT (the system that holds the private offers), so they can check to see if there is a private offer in the system for you or not. But that's basically all they can do.

Ford doesn't reimburse the dealer until after you take delivery, as they need to verify the vehicle was sold to the original order holder. (Usually happens within 45 days after the vehicle has been sold.) In addition, the amount the dealer gets back is not the difference in retail pricing, it is the difference in invoice pricing plus their holdback.

If you move through the flow chart you should be able to figure out exactly what you are owed.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, Ford's customer service doesn't have access to the necessary information.

The customer service reps have access to Smart VINCENT (the system that holds the private offers), so they can check to see if there is a private offer in the system for you or not. But that's basically all they can do.

Ford doesn't reimburse the dealer until after you take delivery, as they need to verify the vehicle was sold to the original order holder. (Usually happens within 45 days after the vehicle has been sold.) In addition, the amount the dealer gets back is not the difference in retail pricing, it is the difference in invoice pricing plus their holdback.

If you move through the flow chart you should be able to figure out exactly what you are owed.
As RagnarKon has shared in using his flow chart, I would suggest you create a summary or document that you can share with the dealer. My dealer was savvy, but I still had to share (educate) with them the different price increases/dates that occurred over the MY2023. Specific increases with dates, applicable to my trim. The dealer then verified these and we reached an agreement on the final price.
Being prepared with documented dates and specific dollar amounts for your trim should help your cause.
  • Feb 10, 2023, Price Increase =
  • March 15,2023, Price Increase =
  • March 15, 2023, Option/package increases: HD Mod Bumper, SAS, MIC Hard Top =
  • April 10, 2023 =
  • June 30, 2023 =
  • Other?

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m going to go through the flow chart with them. Let them tell me what’s not right.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who here got exactly what the flow chart showed? My dealer says they don’t do a flow chart. Ford provides the offers and they just select what’s available. There is one part they believe I’m entitled to but FORD currently says I don’t qualify so they’ve filled some ticket to get it corrected. It’s A 3k something.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Who here got exactly what the flow chart showed? My dealer says they don’t do a flow chart. Ford provides the offers and they just select what’s available. There is one part they believe I’m entitled to but FORD currently says I don’t qualify so they’ve filled some ticket to get it corrected. It’s A 3k something.
I did. Exactly plus 250 for the sub deletion mandatory option that ended getting added anyways.

Tell your dealer this isn’t new math. Bryan did all the work for them!
Sponsored