Mnext02

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered like a year ago, just pick mine up like a month ago trying to get a check from my dealer and not looking good
Sponsored

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been dealing with this since November. I made a reservation in July 2020, first order in March 2021 amd was rolled over to 2022. I took delivery back in September. New MSRP was the number given to me by the dealer. Called Ford Marketing who gave me a certificate number under the 38406 program. It only took off $800 which was the column A amount. I called Ford again and was told that was correct. The rep said remaining amount will be sent out to dealer once Ford verifies that I am the original reservation holder and that the sale was completed. My sales rep/manager at the dealership has been super transparent with everything. He's been doing his part to help me get the remaining amount ($2000). He's contacted Ford, got the zone manager involed and still no funds from Ford. I called Ford marketing this past Monday and was told this time they are opening up a case file or something like that and will reach back out to me. Any steps I may be missing here?

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been dealing with this since November. I made a reservation in July 2020, first order in March 2021 amd was rolled over to 2022. I took delivery back in September. New MSRP was the number given to me by the dealer. Called Ford Marketing who gave me a certificate number under the 38406 program. It only took off $800 which was the column A amount. I called Ford again and was told that was correct. The rep said remaining amount will be sent out to dealer once Ford verifies that I am the original reservation holder and that the sale was completed. My sales rep/manager at the dealership has been super transparent with everything. He's been doing his part to help me get the remaining amount ($2000). He's contacted Ford, got the zone manager involed and still no funds from Ford. I called Ford marketing this past Monday and was told this time they are opening up a case file or something like that and will reach back out to me. Any steps I may be missing here?
Oh my! That's a lot of back and forth.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Similar experiance here as well. No certificate Bronco is on its way but my dealer is not being helpful at all just if its not in Smart Vincent nothing they can do. Sounds like you are on the right track and have a good GM trying to do the right thing for you. How many dealers does everyone think are not passing back the retail price protection money back to consumer? That would be a list worth sending to @Ford

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar experiance here as well. No certificate Bronco is on its way but my dealer is not being helpful at all just if its not in Smart Vincent nothing they can do. Sounds like you are on the right track and have a good GM trying to do the right thing for you. How many dealers does everyone think are not passing back the retail price protection money back to consumer? That would be a list worth sending to @Ford
When did you first reserve or order?

Sponsored

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well great news! Dealer text me today and told me he has a check for me for $2000! Took some persistence but looks like I will have my funds when I can make it there. Randy at Tom Peck Ford in Clinton, WI is a good dude. It's a smaller dealership but they are great to work with if anyone is looking to purchase a Ford vehicle in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did you first reserve or order?
June 2021 I know I don’t qualify for the before march of 21 protection but I do qualify for the Ford retail price protection cover these two mid year price increases ford had for my 2022 OBX of 1750.00. The dealer will receive these funds after Ford confirms the order went to the original reservation holder me :). The dealer is supposed to either credit me the amount in good faith or send me the funds after they receive the funds from Ford. The rub is my dealer is not committing to anything that is not in Smart Vincent. When I directly ask them about Ford retail price protection and how are they handling it I get crickets. Regardless 2022 is over they all expired and are gone.

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
June 2021 I know I don’t qualify for the before march of 21 protection but I do qualify for the Ford retail price protection cover these two mid year price increases ford had for my 2022 OBX of 1750.00. The dealer will receive these funds after Ford confirms the order went to the original reservation holder me :). The dealer is supposed to either credit me the amount in good faith or send me the funds after they receive the funds from Ford. The rub is my dealer is not committing to anything that is not in Smart Vincent. When I directly ask them about Ford retail price protection and how are they handling it I get crickets. Regardless 2022 is over they all expired and are gone.
I would call Ford marketing and ask if they have a certificate. Sounds like this is an order and they should be able to pull up any offers associated with your VIN.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would call Ford marketing and ask if they have a certificate. Sounds like this is an order and they should be able to pull up any offers associated with your VIN.
It’s 2023 all offers expired end of year purgatory. Mine 2022 is on a train somewhere

LuckyNotAccurate

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how long does it take for Ford to send the check out? When I bought my 22 Base my slaesperson said she could see it in the system and told me it would get sent out later. How much later?
Not sure if this is helpful anymore but I purchased my '23 BL on 12/13 and I got the check on 27th. So 2 weeks.

FWIW I signed an piece of paper during the sales process which was effectively an rebate transfer agreement. Looked to be a standard Ford form. It had the total amount of the rebate and a statement that the dealer was agreeing to claim the rebate on my behalf and release Ford to send me a check directly for the same amount. I signed, they signed. I got the check 2 weeks later from Ford no issues.

This is only applicable to 2023 Model Year price protection (which is a private offer rebate as has been stated a bunch on here).

Sponsored

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s 2023 all offers expired end of year purgatory. Mine 2022 is on a train somewhere
Thats not your fault. I'd call them and explain that. You can't take delivery of a vehicle that isn't at your dealership. I probably made 8-10 calls. I stayed in constant contact with the GM at the dealership. Hopefully your dealership has someone who will help you out. Keep all emails especially those with a DORA attached.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm picking up my MY22 4DR Badlands tomorrow from Granger. They just called to let me know that for some reason Ford will be mailing me a check for the $825 rebate portion, and that it should take 4-6 weeks to receive. They implied it had something to do with us being in 2023 now. Anyone else get their rebate in the form of a check instead of at the sale?

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a follow-up I asked for clarification in writing and they stated that they are filing an "exception" for the $825 portion of the price protection (I believe this is the "Private Offer" portion that other folks have mentioned) and "if approved" Ford will send me a check in 4-6 weeks. Fairly dissapointing as it wasn't clear to me that this was something that needed to be approved.

Now I just have to hope I get this $825 back in a month or so...

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a follow-up I asked for clarification in writing and they stated that they are filing an "exception" for the $825 portion of the price protection (I believe this is the "Private Offer" portion that other folks have mentioned) and "if approved" Ford will send me a check in 4-6 weeks. Fairly dissapointing as it wasn't clear to me that this was something that needed to be approved.

Now I just have to hope I get this $825 back in a month or so...
Can’t say for certain but this sounds like your dealer is following instructions given to them by their Ford rep.

What happened is the 2022MY certificates expired at the end of 2022. In my opinion they should have been renewed (and probably will be eventually) but my guess is the team responsible for this at Ford is way overloaded since they are having to provide price protection on many of Ford’s vehicle lines. At the moment a huge chunk of the 2023MY certificates on the Bronco are missing, as well as a handful of 2023MY certificates for the Maverick and F-150 Lightning. And given that impacts substantially more folks than the remaining people taking delivery of their 2022MY, that’s probably where their focus is.

So this sounds like a band-aid solution your dealer and Ford worked out to let you take delivery sooner rather than later. Otherwise you’d have to sit and wait for the certificate to be loaded in before taking delivery.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t say for certain but this sounds like your dealer is following instructions given to them by their Ford rep.

What happened is the 2022MY certificates expired at the end of 2022. In my opinion they should have been renewed (and probably will be eventually) but my guess is the team responsible for this at Ford is way overloaded since they are having to provide price protection on many of Ford’s vehicle lines. At the moment a huge chunk of the 2023MY certificates on the Bronco are missing, as well as a handful of 2023MY certificates for the Maverick and F-150 Lightning. And given that impacts substantially more folks than the remaining people taking delivery of their 2022MY, that’s probably where their focus is.

So this sounds like a band-aid solution your dealer and Ford worked out to let you take delivery sooner rather than later. Otherwise you’d have to sit and wait for the certificate to be loaded in before taking delivery.
Gotcha, that makes me feel a little better that my dealer isn't just taking a shot in the dark. Thanks for the response!
Sponsored