Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to my dealer's GM, and unless things change, MY22.5 Price Protection will come from @Ford Motor Company 45 days after the sale in the form of a check to the dealer, and the dealer will forward said check to the buyer. MY22 Price Protection should be loaded as a discount certificate to the Bronco order.

For me, as a Black Diamond reservation/order holder in Group 1, I have two levels of Price Protection that should total $2,075 and will come 1) in the form of a $825 certificate that will come off the sale price and 2) Ford will send a check in the amount of $1,250 45 days later.

This has to be the most convoluted ways of doing things. Even the dealer has issues with Ford's process of proving us with Price Protection.

Completely NOT explained in Ford Price Protection FAQ: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...hy are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did the dealer say it comes to the dealer as a check made out to you? Or is it going to be a cluster fighting with dealers for it?

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did the dealer say it comes to the dealer as a check made out to you? Or is it going to be a cluster fighting with dealers for it?
The dealer said the check will come to the dealer, and the dealer will "forward" you the money (sale guy "suggested" that you can spend it on accessories). It seems like another perfect opportunity to get screwed by @Ford Motor Company or the dealer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A thought just crossed my mind. If they are selling us our Broncos at 2022 prices, then we are paying taxes on those prices, and our yearly DMV registration fees are based on those prices.

So sure, we get a check back at some point, but the damage has been done and locked you into more expensive vehicle "on the record"

Ford specifically stated that the price was supposed to be reduced at the time of purchase and not in the form of some rebate after the fact.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just recieved my check and was surprised that it wasn't $2575 (Badlands 4 Door).

I asked my dealer and they said it was because I received the $825 rebate at time of sale (which I did).

I was always under the impression that these were separate rebates, and would have been the total of $2575 + $825 rather than a reduction ($2575 - $825). Crud.

The fun part is that I'm still short $100 because $2575 - $875 doesn't equal the amount on my check ($1628). šŸ˜‚

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just recieved my check and was surprised that it wasn't $2575 (Badlands 4 Door).

I asked my dealer and they said it was because I received the $825 rebate at time of sale (which I did).

I was always under the impression that these were separate rebates, and would have been the total of $2575 + $825 rather than a reduction ($2575 - $825). Crud.

The fun part is that I'm still short $100 because $2575 - $875 doesn't equal the amount on my check ($1628). šŸ˜‚
what a scam by your dealer

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The price of the delivery and destination fee (or whatever it is called) went up by $100, so this sounds right.
As far as I know, there was no price proton that unless your dealer wanted to honor some agreement but ultimately Ford always defers back to: the final price is between you and the dealer.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a great way for POS dealers to steal more money from customers. I bet we'll even have to get shit in writing and hound even the good dealers for our money.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's a great way for POS dealers to steal more money from customers. I bet we'll even have to get shit in writing and hound even the good dealers for our money.
Unless a buyer signs paperwork at the time of sale (I'm sure every car buyer reads all the paperwork right?), the dealer can't take that MY22-MY22.5 price protection rebate. Internal audit controls from Ford will prevent it. I've already witnessed two different acquaintances receive a check from Ford / dealer months after the sale of a vehicle they ordered.

Hell, one of 'em called their sales person (they've known them personally for YEARS) and they guy had no clue. Took him several days to get an answer from their Finance department.

A buddy of mine who worked / managed a large Ford dealer for years, he told me he'd heard a rumor that Ford was going to start sending the price protection checks directly to the customer because of all the confusion.

My dealer credited me the price protection up front. (MY22-MY22.5 - we were not eligible for MY21-MY22) They did NOT have to. We had to sign a document agreeing to give that price protection to the dealer as they had already credited it to us.

The other catch to the MY22-22.5 price protection that many people seem to overlook is this:

- Customer completes the purchase of an ORDERED vehicle through a Ford Dealer
- Transaction gets entered into Ford's computer system
- IF the name of the customer that ORDERED the vehicle MATCHES the name of the customer that BOUGHT The vehicle, the price protection is credited to the dealer

Poorly implemented? Yes. Poorly communicated TO DEALERS? Yes. Poorly communicated to customers? Absolutely. But they were literally trying to keep dealers from 'double-dipping'. In other words they were trying to keep dealers from pricing customers (through buying customers out of their order or trying to add ADM etc) out of their ordered vehicle, selling with a markup and then still trying to collect the price protection.

Philyn8iv

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I ordered a Big Bend on 1/25/22 with order confirmation email. Scheduled for Production 6/25/22. Took delivery 9/19/22. This was my first time ever ordering a new vehicle as Iā€™ve always in the past just bought from dealer inventory. Have I been screwed out of PP rebates? because what Iā€™m reading here; is the dealer was supposed to search for a certificate which Iā€™ve known nothing about at time of delivery. Please help.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I ordered a Big Bend on 1/25/22 with order confirmation email. Scheduled for Production 6/25/22. Took delivery 9/19/22. This was my first time ever ordering a new vehicle as Iā€™ve always in the past just bought from dealer inventory. Have I been screwed out of PP rebates? because what Iā€™m reading here; is the dealer was supposed to search for a certificate which Iā€™ve known nothing about at time of delivery. Please help.
We have no idea, because you didn't give us even half the info we would need.

What was the MSRP on your window sticker, and how much did you pay? Also, was this a 2-door or 4-door? The price protection values are different.

For a 2-door, you should have paid MSRP (assuming you had an MSRP deal) minus $2000 (retail price protection). You do not qualify for the $400 SmartVincent certificate because you didn't order before March 20th 2021.

If you bought a 4-door the numbers are smaller ($1750 mid year) and $250 on the certificate. But again, you only qualify for the $1750 Retail Price Protection.

Philyn8iv

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry, like I said this is all new to me.

I did have an MSRP deal. Sticker was $44,900
Which is what I paid. It is a 4dr. $1750 does seem like what it increased from original build spec.

so will this automatically come to me or is there something I need to do? I guess thatā€™s what Iā€™m asking?

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, like I said this is all new to me.

I did have an MSRP deal. Sticker was $44,900
Which is what I paid. It is a 4dr. $1750 does seem like what it increased from original build spec.

so will this automatically come to me or is there something I need to do? I guess thatā€™s what Iā€™m asking?
Ever get an answer from your dealer on this??
Sponsored