Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my check in the mail last week. A little over $2k. Nice having a great, trustworthy dealer. pick up date was 8/1.
Was your check from the dealer or directly from Ford?

My dealer is saying I'll get the check from Ford "if" I qualify for retail price protection.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer is saying I'll get the check from Ford "if" I qualify for retail price protection.
Check from Dealership.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
took delivery on 7/18 and still waiting...emailed the manager yesterday, no response. I will call them if I haven't heard anything by midweek. $1750 and SAC btw. I'm sure there won't be an issue, just wasn't expecting 90+ days and counting.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership got notification that I do qualify for the second price protection and they received an invoice for all customers owed from October.
But, they don't cut checks until they get the monetary transfer from Ford near the end of the month.
I feel good with the situation because at least they are offering insight to the process.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
took delivery on 7/18 and still waiting...emailed the manager yesterday, no response. I will call them if I haven't heard anything by midweek. $1750 and SAC btw. I'm sure there won't be an issue, just wasn't expecting 90+ days and counting.
update...check recieved last week. I would say <$52k for a loaded Badlands is a good deal, lol.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I place my original reservation in July 2020 and just completed an order got a vin and slotted for a MY23 build on Dec 5 2022 of a 4dr outerbanks. My salesperson said I may get a PP rebate but he didn’t seem to know for sure. Should I contact Ford directly? So far the dealership seems good but history has me leary of them all. I’d like to go in there with a firm number I get from Ford..thanks!

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I place my original reservation in July 2020 and just completed an order got a vin and slotted for a MY23 build on Dec 5 2022 of a 4dr outerbanks. My salesperson said I may get a PP rebate but he didn’t seem to know for sure. Should I contact Ford directly? So far the dealership seems good but history has me leary of them all. I’d like to go in there with a firm number I get from Ford..thanks!
Ford made this much too complicated. I started by educating myself with this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/

From there, I was able to ask the dealer the correct questions and provide guidance. I was a small dealer who said I was the first price protected Bronce they had sold.

Harleygal

Wildtrak
First Name
Ronaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Raptor , 15 ShelbyGT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We were told that tit comes to the dealer and then the dealer cuts us a check. So my questions is how much is the dealer taking out before cutting us a check?

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called the Ford retail department. They say price protection was for orders placed before march of 2021. She said it did not show any eligible certificates for my vehicle.
What number did you call I got one and they had 0 idea

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer said the check will come to the dealer, and the dealer will "forward" you the money (sale guy "suggested" that you can spend it on accessories). It seems like another perfect opportunity to get screwed by @Ford Motor Company or the dealer.
Mine came as a check made out to me. I bought back in March, was skeptical, but it worked out.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were told that tit comes to the dealer and then the dealer cuts us a check. So my questions is how much is the dealer taking out before cutting us a check?
Not sure if this is a serious question or not, but the dealer is not supposed to take any of it. However, I'm not clear on how to verify the amount. I got more than I was expecting.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been a great read with a tonne of great info! Here's my bit, and I am sorry for the long read..

I am facing a bit of a problem of my own with my dealer Northstar Ford out of Calgary Canada. I have been dealing with two different sales people, one of which is the sales manager.. Both claim that Ford does not offer "full/complete price protection" on my order.

I first placed my order in November of 2020 when my Wildtrack MSRP was $67,564 (optioned)
I was notified in 2021 that my MY build was being transferred to 2022 which I agreed to without hesitation. My former sales rep was going on Maternity leave and confirmed that my price was protected going forward so this was a no-brainer. But then I was handed over to a new sales rep...

Fast forward to October 2022 when Daniel and Greg reached out stating that I have to sign a new purchase order with a #$%* tonne of price increases being applied.

First off they said I had to pay for the hardtop which, to the best of my recollection was included with all WT orders when the model was first launched. I am now being charged $1695 for the hard top. I recall an email that went out as results of the delays in production. . It stated a $750 discount was being applied to my order or any other order of my choice. Nowhere to be found in the new quote :(

The MSRP went from $67,564 (equipped) to $78,195 (equipped)
Base MSRP went from $59,994 to $69,590

Lux Package went from $3750 to $3995
Tow package $700 from $600
Dealer admin fee $899 from $799
Destination fee $2095 from $1900
The quoted interest rate at the time of purchase was 4.99% and now increased to 5.49%

Now- the dealer is stating that I'm a lucky customer (hooray) and that I am receiving a special discount of $7,066 on my build although this represents a shortfall of $4583 compared to what pricing would look like if I were to get "actual" price protection.

I called Ford and spoke to one lady who confirmed I would be getting FULL price protection given that I was an early order customer. Unfortunately, the dealer came back to me and stated that Ford was referring to the "7k discount" and that Ford does not offer complete price protection due to market adjustments.

I have read many threads now and it seems that the info is a bit skewed. I am reading that as of today, Ford has not provided concrete info on how price protection will be handled. I guess my concern is that my dealership is trying to get a few extra bucks out of me while I am feeling cheated. In conversation, I asked Daniel how great it would be if I backed out and he agreed that they would make a great profit by reselling it on their lot.

When being asked to SIGN the altered purchase order document, should I comply and sign??

I know this is all up to personal opinion, I am just looking for some advise if you can offer any :)
YYCbroncofan - I just read this thread / your post today and assume you have already made a decision on your "updated" PO. First the whole thing is shady and something that should never have been presented to you.
Second it is ultimately up to you whether or not to bite the bullet and sign, giving the dealer a nice bump - or walk away and give the dealer a chance to make even more. If it were me I would have tried to find some leverage, the only thing that dealer is going to understand or react to. If that was not successful then yeah either sign or walk. Either way I would be sure the local community was aware of the kind of problem you were having and how the dealership dealt with the issue.

What did you end up doing?

YYCbroncofan

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank for the reply Huey!

I have not signed anything yet. I did however send the manager a couple of emails explaining my position and questioning their practice. My last email to them was sent 2 days ago where I pointed out the new information from Ford's website F.A.Q that mentions the former called "price protection" that is now referred to as "2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer"

info here: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...el-year-bronco-transition-private-offer-faqs/

The numbers are almost lining up now! Combining the $7066 "special discount" they had offered with the $3620 from Ford's new info brings pricing to my original total MSRP..

Now ... Let's see if my dealer is willing to concede!

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you end up financing more than the price of the vehicle - unless you immediately send the check funds to pay down principle on the financing.