First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't think it was possible to have an unconverted reservation at this point :unsure:.
it’s possible! I’m at 749 days and waiting 🙁
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it’s possible! I’m at 749 days and waiting 🙁
I'm curious, why not convert the reservation to an order? If you want to wait for some options/accessories that won't be available you can always have the dealer change the order priority code to 99. That will defer your order until the things you want are available. I would think you'd be in a better position with an order than a reservation. Not saying it's the wrong thing to do, just curious.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious, why not convert the reservation to an order? If you want to wait for some options/accessories that won't be available you can always have the dealer change the order priority code to 99. That will defer your order until the things you want are available. I would think you'd be in a better position with an order than a reservation. Not saying it's the wrong thing to do, just curious.
I did place an order for My21 on Jan. 28 2021 then reordered for My22 on Nov. 1 2021 and on both orders I had priority code of 10 never a 99.
I’ve have done ever thing that my dealer has asked of me.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he missed the point. But to address your comments, if he was waiting for unavailable features it wouldn't matter if it was a res or order. The timestamp and place online should remain. And as far as 99, it doesn't look like they will be allowed after COVP is complete. And to the original point, yes it is possible to have an uncovered reservation, I still have one from May of last year.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did place an order for My21 on Jan. 28 2021 then reordered for My 22 on Nov. 1 2021 and on both orders was a code 10.
I’ve have done all I’ve been asked to do by dealer.
Oh, okay. Code 10 that's better than my 19. I'm in SoCal also but went with the Granger deal when my local dealer who had my original reservation basically told me I'd have to pay whatever price he felt like charging. I have family in Iowa so I'll just make it a family visit and road trip whenever my Bronco is finally done. Fortunately I don't need the vehicle, although it would be nice to replace my old truck. If I'd known how long this was going to take with Granger I probably would have tried to switch my original reservation to Kearny Mesa Ford who seemed to be pretty reasonable about pricing. I talked to Galpin Ford as I had purchased several cars from them but they wouldn't commit to anything. Good luck with your order, hopefully it's not too much longer.

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think he missed the point. But to address your comments, if he was waiting for unavailable features it wouldn't matter if it was a res or order. The timestamp and place online should remain. And as far as 99, it doesn't look like they will be allowed after COVP is complete. And to the original point, yes it is possible to have an uncovered reservation, I still have one from May of last year.
Thanks, I just remembered Ford saying all reservations had to be converted by sometime in November 2021 or they would be cancelled. I guess that's just another case of Ford not doing what they said.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, okay. Code 10 that's better than my 19. I'm in SoCal also but went with the Granger deal when my local dealer who had my original reservation basically told me I'd have to pay whatever price he felt like charging. I have family in Iowa so I'll just make it a family visit and road trip whenever my Bronco is finally done. Fortunately I don't need the vehicle, although it would be nice to replace my old truck. If I'd known how long this was going to take with Granger I probably would have tried to switch my original reservation to Kearny Mesa Ford who seemed to be pretty reasonable about pricing. I talked to Galpin Ford as I had purchased several cars from them but they wouldn't commit to anything. Good luck with your order, hopefully it's not too much longer.
Thank You. I couldn’t get a commitment on MSRP from the dealers I spoke to, if I knew about Kearny Mesa Ford I wouldhave gone with them. I ended up ordering from Town&Country in Alabama. Road trip🤣

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We don't know yet when new orders will be accepted or how many. Once Ford goes through COVP and knows better how many of what, they have orders for, then they can determine how many new [custom] orders, if any they can build for MY23. Remember, in addition to wanting to clean up back orders, MY23 production may be short because of a shorter production year.

Because Ford is making MY22 through Oct. the change over to MY23 is behind, so it'll be a shorter production run if they change over at the normal time in the summer. We don't know if they will change over early or if because of the numbers wait again. It's going to be interesting to see how all that plays out, could they delay MY24 change over too?

That would mean more chance for Heritage trims to be delivered and new orders. But your best chance at any Bronco will be stock units built with what the have to fill in production holes, that's what will be sent to dealers.
Excuse my ignorance, but what does COVP mean?

Sponsored

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did place an order for My21 on Jan. 28 2021 then reordered for My22 on Nov. 1 2021 and on both orders I had priority code of 10 never a 99.
I’ve have done ever thing that my dealer has asked of me.
I'm right there with you Gettyup. Placed my order January 21st 0f 2021 (within days of when the order bank originally opened), and placed my 2022 Order in October of 2021 when my order wasn't filled. Looks like I will have to place a third MY order to get a Bronco. If @Ford and @JimFarley98 are not embarrassed by this, they should be.

Instead of building what we ordered three MY's ago, they are promoting Everglades, Raptor's Heritage, and others as a distraction. I'm not distracted - just pissed with what Ford has found to be "acceptable".

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm also wondering what will happen if a large enough group of people at your dealer select the Heritage that it exceeds their allocation? I believe Ford said they will build enough Heritages to satisfy demand. Will their be a MY24 also? Or will they build all Heritages that were ordered in MY23?
Good question. I believe if the customer's change their orders (which we have been waiting on for two years) then that eliminates their Price Protection? Am I right? That's another way to add more money the bottom line!

I have a better idea - Quit offering more options beyond the Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrack,.......aka stop offer new concepts like Everglades, Raptor, Heritage, Heritage Limited, and get better at producing what you said you could produce when you took our orders. And if possible - produce them with the painted Black and White tops that you showed us at the beginning of this cluster x.

djperkins68

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone heard if you are jumping from 2 door to 4 door or vice versa, then the price protection is off??? I was thinking of jumping however I will keep my 2020 price...

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good question. I believe if the customer's change their orders (which we have been waiting on for two years) then that eliminates their Price Protection? Am I right? That's another way to add more money the bottom line!

I have a better idea - Quit offering more options beyond the Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrack,.......aka stop offer new concepts like Everglades, Raptor, Heritage, Heritage Limited, and get better at producing what you said you could produce when you took our orders. And if possible - produce them with the painted Black and White tops that you showed us at the beginning of this cluster x.
I think their current model of delaying production and increasing price is working great for them. Is one of those rare situations where incompetence = profits.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone heard if you are jumping from 2 door to 4 door or vice versa, then the price protection is off??? I was thinking of jumping however I will keep my 2020 price...
That is correct, changing doors, trim, package (mid/high/lux), SAS/Non-SAS, Advanced 4X4/Non, will all eliminate your price protection going forward.
Sponsored