William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My biggest take away from this latest Charlie Foxtrot is:

1.Some people are gonna be happy, some not.
2. Cloth? They ran out of cloth? <— best Comedian Ron White voice.
3. It might be easier to sell my front metal skid when I get around to ordering the factory skid plates.
4. Late MY 2022 seems to be a sweet spot between initial build quality problems, insane price increases, and shortages I never saw coming especially this late in the game.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least the lack of cloth interior is easily remedied with some seat covers...

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wondering how rare my cloth interior 23 Wildtrack is? It does have the subwoofer delete (6 speaker system)

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This pretty much kills the need for a black diamond trim. You can get a BB with signature headlights, Rear Locking Diff (or SAS)and MGV/Washout. Just slap some aftermarket bash plates on and new wheels. Tires and your are GTG.
I wouldn't say kills it, but I would say it should almost be a package on big bend instead of a separate trim

Everyone is different.

To me, the only benefit to the Big Bend was the available light-colored cloth seats. Without that option and standard MGV along all three of the lowest trim levels, Big Bend sounds to me like the trim that could go away.
Not just saying this BC i have a big bend lol but hear me out.

big bend = XLT in Ranger/F-150

you can get some creature comforts, different packages and other odds and ends that to the AVERAGE joe and not the outdoors/off road type likes. 3 years ago when I ordered mine I didn't care about more aggressive tires/gear ratios/ bash plates (that said I would have ordered slightly different now haha) I had minimal interest in the Black Diamond for me it was always big bend or OBX. Base was never an option for me, mid package was essential so BB is what I ultimately chose.

Sponsored

salvadorsantana

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 A7, 22 etron, 22 Bronco, 23 Kona, 23 Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE: my 3/28 order that was showing scheduled for 6/7 and showing MGV for interior instead of cloth sandstone went into production on 5/31 WITH sandstone as ordered originally! as per the window sticker that have been generated :love:

Ford Bronco 2023MY ch-ch-changes: No more cloth! Bash plates removed from lower trims! Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 8.31.36 AM

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: my 3/28 order that was showing scheduled for 6/7 and showing MGV for interior instead of cloth sandstone went into production on 5/31 WITH sandstone as ordered originally! as per the window sticker that have been generated :love:

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 8.31.36 AM.png
Oooo I have a favor to ask if you.

On your window sticker there should be a section that says “Special Order”. The last six digits in that section will have a date that is in the invoice date of your window sticker. Can you see what your date is??

In addition, what is the “Base Price” listed on your sticker??

Thanks!! I need to update my price protection chart, to account for this change, but Ford was light on the details so I’m trying to figure out how exactly Ford is applying it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I got a 2022. Cloth rules the hot and the cold. Would love to have a wash out floor though.
I had bare metal floors in my CJ and liked it (although noisier than carpet). But wash-out is kind of a gimmick, and not necessarily a good thing to do regularly. I was washing out my floors and ended up with rust starting in crevasses/seams - and so stopped doing that.

Probably especially if water gets trapped between the Bronco floor and vinyl, can get rust and mildew/odor. Personally unless an owner is incredibly sloppy, I'd prefer carpet with some nice removable foot area protectors ala Weatherguard.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why anyone wouldn’t want MGV is beyond me. I literally sold my 21 for my 23 specifically because of MGV and washout floor lol. Been running no doors or top for the past 5 weeks. Best decision ever

IMG_4005.jpeg

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why anyone wouldn’t want MGV is beyond me. I literally sold my 21 for my 23 specifically because of MGV and washout floor lol. Been running no doors or top for the past 5 weeks. Best decision ever

Ford Bronco 2023MY ch-ch-changes: No more cloth! Bash plates removed from lower trims! IMG_4005
Cmon man..is that your family ride ? If not and it 's you or you plus one only , do a rear seat delete to give that pup more space

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cmon man..is that your family ride ? If not and it 's you or you plus one only , do a rear seat delete to give that pup more space
And have him fly out of the doorless vehicle?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was 102 F yesterday in San Angelo, Texas - Go ahead, put the top down in the morning and jump into an MGV Bronco at 2 pm while wearing shorts .

You would be a believer in short order.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was 102 F yesterday in San Angelo, Texas - Go ahead, put the top down in the morning and jump into an MGV Bronco at 2 pm while wearing shorts .

You would be a believer in short order.
I’ve been in 117 degree weather. Bimini top. No prob. That being said I probably wouldn’t be rolling around topless if it’s regularly 100 degrees

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Big Bend is scheduled for 6/15 with a VIN, but now when I look at the order it shows black onyx marine grade vinyl. I had ordered sandstone cloth, so the change seems to be for orders scheduled earlier that July, as the video said. I’m actually fine with that change.
The onyx marine interior is, imo...fantastic. It looks great, and appears to wear well so far. Easy to clean...it does what it's supposed to do with great aesthetic appeal.

A friend of mine put it best when he said to my wife..."What a deal! Your husband buys you a Bronco and you end up with a Porsche!"...🤣

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
aying this BC i have a big bend lol but hear me out.

big bend = XLT
STX is the sweet spot. The XLT has too much fru-fru tech stuff these days.
Plus the best looking grill on the STX.
Sponsored