First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this is not good news. Just got this email from Ashlie at Chapman Ford...

Hi…

Hope all is well! Unfortunately, Ford has made us aware that customers with orders that have hardtops/LUX pkg/Sasquatch pkg will need to modify their order to drop these items for scheduling consideration.

If these changes are made by January 21st, Ford claims they will be issuing a certificate/private offer to the customer.

According to the information we received, if the changes are not made and the order flips to the new model year, Ford’s price protection program will expire.

At this time, we do not have definitive information on the certificate amount or how it will affect Ford’s price protection certificates…

We appreciate your patience and understanding…please let us know how you would like to proceed

Follow-up posted by @frostyjake

A link to a reply from Ashlie was posted above, but it seems people are missing it. Here's the the text from the Chapman thread:
Hey folks...we're still going through the orders and contacting our customers....we had a ford zoom meeting that only a few select dealers were invited to...we wanted to notify our customers of the present situation with Bronco and provide our customers with their options (from ford) to help their chances for scheduling...you're more than welcome to leave the order as it is, there is no requirement to make changes, but ford has made statements about not continuing price protection past 23MY...once we get the official PDF from Ford, we will be sending it to customers as well​
thank you! please direct any questions to [email protected] or 267-483-9747​
Update: This was posted on the Bronco Nation Forum by member DDM4

Ford Bronco No more 2023MY scheduling for hardtops, Sasquatch and LUX (reported by dealership) DB602AC1-66D9-4032-BDA8-9BD8750B5C6B

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, does that mean Ford is not making any Heritage models for MY23?
Based on the communication in the OP, I would surmise that the hardtop is in reference to the MIC. Which would imply that Webasto is dedicating all production capacity to the modular HT. Even with such a drastic shift, they still won't meet the demand.

*This is only my reading of the tea leaves.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My best guess is this is their latest attempt to weed out even more orders. They apparently don’t care about pissing off current order holders because they know as soon as they open the order banks again they will get plenty of new ones.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never said you made anything up. I am referring to what your dealer said.
Ok I’m confused. Are you saying they made this up or that the situation in general is bullchit???

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Based on the communication in the OP, I would surmise that the hardtop is in reference to the MIC. Which would imply that Webasto is dedicating all production capacity to the modular HT. Even with such a drastic shift, they still won't meet the demand.

*This is only my reading of the tea leaves.
Could be correct, but unclear for sure at this point. Regardless, pretty clear for the 2 door crowd. Unbelievable for a vehicle in its third model year of production.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.