William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The problem is the union is holding the industry hostage. That is an unfair practice.
Maybe but has nothing to do with lazy employees or quality control I wrote about.
Sponsored

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your vehicle isn't at the dealership you won't get your vehicle until the strike is over unless they
Dearborn plant only builds F150s. Wayne assembly builds Rangers and Broncos.
It has a metal plate on the center console that states it was built in Dearborn, Michigan.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has a metal plate on the center console that states it was built in Dearborn, Michigan.
It was designed in Dearborn. Every Bronco ever sold in the United States was built at the Wayne Assembly Plant.

Mojave Norte

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whose Broncos are Stuck in "Strike Mountain" ?

How many months will they be held hostage ?

It was designed in Dearborn. Every Bronco ever sold in the United States was built at the Wayne Assembly Plant.
Yes in fact every Bronco ever sold in the world was built at MAP in Wayne, MI
( not Sport )

Sponsored

Donovan_93

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully they are done the strike by October so they can get to work on my 2024...

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 Badlands hit the dealership two days ago. I was seriously concerned that it would be delayed over the union circus. I got lucky and I am thankful.

But...if you have a chisel and a hammer go find yourself a concrete wall and write the following.

"In 2023 the big three automakers showed the UAW how disingenuous and ridiculous contract demands can do irreparable damage to the credibility of unions".

I was a union employee for 35 years, and I negotiated contracts for 20 of those years. The union is going to wish they never went this route. Their demands are fantasy.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link
The clock has started, as a supplier we will continue production until our inventory levels are caught up - yes we are still experiencing supply chain issues. Once inventory is good I guess we wait until the UAW decides the rest of us can go back to work
How many days supply of parts do you keep on hand normally? Will you be able to get caught up somewhat or are will you keep working from behind?

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to only consider vehicles built here in the 'States, until one year I got a Fusion Sport V6 AWD built at Hermisillo. That car was an unbreakable tank for 168,000 miles until some texting ass-clown plowed into it and totaled it. I knew it was going to get to 200,000 miles, no problem. But even in its final act, it kept my wife and daughters safe. Damn that was a fine built-in-Mexico car. This 4-day work week BS and other actions are making me not give any shits where my next car is built. And that Land Cruiser is looking mighty fine. You think it will have the quality issues the Bronco has?
Nope ……
I

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stand corrected, lived in Michigan my whole life, my husbands parents live a mile from the Wayne Assembly Plant. I thought they were built there but that plate threw me off, and I figured I was mistaken and it was built in Dearborn. Thank you

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will this strike affect parts availability? My 2 week old Bronco has been sitting at the dealer all this week waiting for front axel part and a gateway control module…I think that’s what they called it. I feel it’s a never ending waiting game with Ford.
Yes. In "Lean" manufacturing, parts demand creates parts production. No demand, no parts.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MAP is the Ford pick to strike..paint and finally assembly only...which probably means everyone..
IKEA to start selling bronco kits )..tool kit for assembly not included..

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe but has nothing to do with lazy employees or quality control I wrote about.
lol it has everything to do with laziness. My post was short so let me expand. I agree not all members / assembly workers are lazy, but the point is the union leadership is choosing to use a "lazy" strategy. The union did not come to the table, they just made unrealistic demands. When the OEM's came back with offers, the union boss threw them in the trash. Where was the collective bargaining effort on the part of the union? What has the union done to help solve the issue? All they have done is the grandstanding in hopes they can get the best increase with as little effort as possible. Unfortunately for the union, laziness is a hallmark descriptor. And in the meantime it wont be long before dealerships won't have any more Bronco's or rangers to sell

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It’s too bad that the UAW president isn’t on the Big-3’s earnings call with the CEO’s, CFO’s. I’m sure the Managers of their union members retirement funds would ask “spirited” questions during the Q&A session.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

lol it has everything to do with laziness. My post was short so let me expand. I agree not all members / assembly workers are lazy, but the point is the union leadership is choosing to use a "lazy" strategy. The union did not come to the table, they just made unrealistic demands. When the OEM's came back with offers, the union boss threw them in the trash. Where was the collective bargaining effort on the part of the union? What has the union done to help solve the issue? All they have done is the grandstanding in hopes they can get the best increase with as little effort as possible. Unfortunately for the union, laziness is a hallmark descriptor. And in the meantime it wont be long before dealerships won't have any more Bronco's or rangers to sell
I respect your opinion but not engaging ok?

Have a good day!
Sponsored