Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate steelies. Hate, hate, hate em. It looks like you have 4 spares on your car.
Agreed. They look so cheap and tacky. If the packages only come with one choice of crap rims, I thinK ford dropped the ball
Sponsored

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. They look so cheap and tacky. If the packages only come with one choice of crap rims, I thinK ford dropped the ball
I don't mind them so much. They fit the utilitarian theme of an off-road vehicle. The preliminary specs show an available aluminum wheel option for BD too so you don't have to worry about being stuck with the steelies out the door. I personally am planning to swap them out sooner or later.

Ford Bronco Black Steel Wheels on Completed Bronco Black Diamond 1601411018597

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mind them so much. They fit the utilitarian theme of an off-road vehicle. The preliminary specs show an available aluminum wheel option for BD too so you don't have to worry about being stuck with the steelies out the door. I personally am planning to swap them out sooner or later.

Ford Bronco Black Steel Wheels on Completed Bronco Black Diamond 1601411018597
Ah I Remember seeing this, I’m going to get a base and squatch though. I’d like to pick what I want/need in it. But if the other rims are ok I may dabble in BD

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm sure we'll be able to purchase LED taillights from the Parts Department to make small upgrades versus stepping up trim levels, and costing thousands of dollars
I would not count on converting the non-BLISS taillight to a BLISS taillight without re-wiring the harness and possibly using FORSCAN in addition to the cost of the BLISS equipped taillights (which are $1,100 on Ranger, each).

IE: Converting to the signature tail light will not be cheap or easy. You will not have identical harnesses to work with, nor will you have a spare harness to utilize should you decide to bite the bullet at drop about $2k on factory tail lights.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What rim, all I can see is that glorious grey top ?
Looks like trash. I want to see the soft top on a 4 door. See what it will look like in real production. The different top pricing is frustrating.

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Gray Top would be great to get (No extra cost) and have it painted any Color you want. White, Body Color.....

I don't care for the Bucking Horse Emblem. I'd rather have, like the original, FORD letters stamped in the tailgate.

I also don't like the Plastic Rear Bumper.
I believe that is the metal bumper, appears to have plastic piece across the top.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubt it. That would be a weird place for a reflector. It’s probably a light to indicate when you’re properly hooked up to the tow mechanism.
Maybe I’m not looking at this correctly but the bronco will be built on the Ford Ranger frame. It has a very sad towing capability on spending the money for the tow hitch from the factory. I looked up a Ranger tow hitch from aftermarket and found one that would allow a significant change in the capabilities. Are the tow rating’s going to be based on what Broncos hitch will offer or will it be the frame strength that will create a problem?
Ford Bronco Black Steel Wheels on Completed Bronco Black Diamond 5BA9D730-23CC-4A32-B2D0-6BDC5FB75C9D

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m not looking at this correctly but the bronco will be built on the Ford Ranger frame. It has a very sad towing capability on spending the money for the tow hitch from the factory. I looked up a Ranger tow hitch from aftermarket and found one that would allow a significant change in the capabilities. Are the tow rating’s going to be based on what Broncos hitch will offer or will it be the frame strength that will create a problem?
Ford Bronco Black Steel Wheels on Completed Bronco Black Diamond 5BA9D730-23CC-4A32-B2D0-6BDC5FB75C9D
I would bet that the towing capacity is a metric determined by frame strength. If you look at the ranger specs, it also has a capacity of 3500lbs regardless of engine size. They probably do some tensile and deformation testing on the frame to determine a safe towing capacity with certain confidence. It's all about which component fails first and at what load.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought I was decided on Big Bend. Strongly considering Base so I can add on what I want. Now for some reason I'm being pulled to Black Diamond. Ugh!

Would a BD stock be a good daily driver? No major off-roading or rock climbing for me. Just trail riding and camping. Or is BD overkill for my plans?
Its gonna be my DD in all likelihood. But, I'm intentionally skipping all the feel-good electronics, ie Mid package and sticking with the basics but with some nice features (ex. washout interior, steel bumper, aux switches, heated seats)

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeez. Those look nice, but I’d love to see the bd optional wheels before I decide

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not count on converting the non-BLISS taillight to a BLISS taillight without re-wiring the harness and possibly using FORSCAN in addition to the cost of the BLISS equipped taillights (which are $1,100 on Ranger, each).

IE: Converting to the signature tail light will not be cheap or easy. You will not have identical harnesses to work with, nor will you have a spare harness to utilize should you decide to bite the bullet at drop about $2k on factory tail lights.
Are we 100% certain that the radar module is integrated into the tail light?

Some of the recent assembly pics appear to show a square, black plastic module below each tail light, covered by a plastic quarter panel. It looks to me like the radar module is not integrated into the tail light. How else do we explain why the rear fenders are not a single metal stamping? Why have that little triangle of plastic below the tail lights, if not to allow the radar to penetrate the plastic?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The black plastic used for the window hinge caps will be the production color.
While its hard to tall about the flares because the light hits them differently, at least those caps match the door handle....a BIG step in the right direction:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spend 1 minute on this website and tell me you hate steelies:)
detroitsteelwheel.com
some nice stuff there! They’re not all bad I don’t like this particular rim from Ford. I do prefer a nice rim like I have on my challenger. But steel wheels for better on a 4X4 or truck.
Sponsored