First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD, stock wheels, soft top, stick, vinyl seats, mid pkg, Cactus Grey, aftermarket sound systems, 2.3 tune...can't wait until next fall!
You think a 2.3 with a tune will put out good numbers compared to the v6?
v6 is tempting I won’t lie

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will 33’s fit in the BD without a lift? Or will we need a leveling kit at a minimum?

OP
OP
mxmerce

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will 33’s fit in the BD without a lift? Or will we need a leveling kit at a minimum?
I don't think that you'll need a lift with a 33" tire, only if you go bigger than that.

Reactions: fv9

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the 33s on the Black Diamond and they look cool on steel. BIG QUESTION: Will the stock steel rims be wide enough to accommodate the the 285mm 33" All terrains from the Badlands?

The 265mm 32 inch tires standard on the Black Diamond probably means that the steel rims are 9.5 or 10.0 inches wide. The Badlands rims are most likely 10.5 inches wide. So, if the Black Diamond rims are 9.5 inches, then the 33' All terrains won't fit at all and it they are 10.0, they aren't optimal size for the 33s.

The website says " 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum - Optional on Black Diamond". Perhaps the optional aluminum rims are wider than the stock steel.

My preferred build is to have the 33" Badlands All Terrains come from the factory on my Black Diamond. I also want whatever rims I need to come from the factory.

Anyone have insights or thoughts on this?
You should look at the specs. They’ve been stickied at the top of this forum since the reveal.

You can do 285/75/17s or 295/70/17s on the stock steelies IF the backspacing allows and enough clearance in the wheel well.

MinorGroove

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 and 1964-1/2 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be one of the few I'm sure, but I like the look of the stock 32s on steelies.
Any ideas about the diameter of the center section of the stock BD wheels? I would really like to see classic Ford dog dish hub caps on these wheels. Could the old 10-1/2" or 7-1/2" hub caps fit?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You think a 2.3 with a tune will put out good numbers compared to the v6?
v6 is tempting I won’t lie
nowhere near an expert. But guessing can match the Hp, but probably not torque numbers.

MinorGroove

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 and 1964-1/2 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
33’s on steel wheels, but the wheels and top need to be white
Absolutely!!! Does anybody know what the inner diameter of the steel wheel face might be to utilize classic style dog dish hubcaps?

Aboen

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak (BMW M2)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crap - Think I like stock best

OP
OP
mxmerce

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely!!! Does anybody know what the inner diameter of the steel wheel face might be to utilize classic style dog dish hubcaps?

NO CAPS!! lol, jk.

I'm not sure.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will definitely paint mine white and am interested in the chrome caps if someone finds the correct size.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the 33s on the Black Diamond and they look cool on steel. BIG QUESTION: Will the stock steel rims be wide enough to accommodate the the 285mm 33" All terrains from the Badlands?

The 265mm 32 inch tires standard on the Black Diamond probably means that the steel rims are 9.5 or 10.0 inches wide. The Badlands rims are most likely 10.5 inches wide. So, if the Black Diamond rims are 9.5 inches, then the 33' All terrains won't fit at all and it they are 10.0, they aren't optimal size for the 33s.

The website says " 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum - Optional on Black Diamond". Perhaps the optional aluminum rims are wider than the stock steel.

My preferred build is to have the 33" Badlands All Terrains come from the factory on my Black Diamond. I also want whatever rims I need to come from the factory.

Anyone have insights or thoughts on this?
My JTR came with factory 33” tires on 17”x7.5” wheels. And those same wheels can mount 35” tires as well.

JK

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what I had in mind:
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 33s on stock steel wheels ca25b1aeff08ab1b61dcda1a2e5796cf
I have the same thing in mind, including the chrome dish hub caps. I haven’t found any yet, but icon 4x4 puts them on their Bronco builds. I believe icon builds their own wheels. Their website doesn’t show that they sell their wheels, but I’ll call them and see if they would be willing to sell wheels. I might be able to afford their wheels, but not their + $200k Builds. https://www.icon4x4.com/br/config