Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm back to square one on my suspension after nearly buying a set of takeoffs. I got a set of sasquatch wheels for my two door base and I want to run 33's since it's my daily and I won't be able to fit in the garage at work if I go too tall. Originally I was looking for takeoffs from either a sasquatch or badlands but I could only find stuff from a 4 door and I just don't feel confident in putting it on a two door based off what I've been told.

I've also been looking at aftermarket but everything is so expensive. I'd love to put King or Icon but I just can't afford those. I did see Rancho has a set and I always had Rancho on my old truck and liked it, but I haven't seen anybody that's got them and I don't feel like being a guinea pig. I've also looked at the Ford Performance kit but again, a little pricey.

So, in your opinion, what's the best bang for you bung suspension lift that's good for a daily driver?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps unpopular opinion... but I don't think it's worth going with a suspension upgrade unless it was a fairly substantial upgrade.

If the goal is to install 33's, you can do that on your current factory suspension. That gives you time to save your pennies for a more substantial upgrade down the road.

BUT, if you want to do an upgrade anyway... Rough Country maybe?? Personally wouldn't buy it, but several people have gone with Rough Country and seem to be happy with them.

OP
OP
Tmurder1776

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Perhaps unpopular opinion... but I don't think it's worth going with a suspension upgrade unless it was a fairly substantial upgrade.

If the goal is to install 33's, you can do that on your current factory suspension. That gives you time to save your pennies for a more substantial upgrade down the road.
The stock shocks are starting to get a little rough around the edges and I guess I could just throw a little zone lift on it to clear 33s but the ride quality isn't great especially as I keep adding stuff like a metal bumper and winch and more weight inside. But I'd rather upgrade now.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock shocks are starting to get a little rough around the edges and I guess I could just throw a little zone lift on it to clear 33s but the ride quality isn't great especially as I keep adding stuff like a metal bumper and winch and more weight inside. But I'd rather upgrade now.
You won't need a lift to clear 33s. It's a "mount new tires and go" upgrade.

OP
OP
Tmurder1776

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You won't need a lift to clear 33s. It's a "mount new tires and go" upgrade.
I know. But I want some ground clearance for some of the trails I do. If this was for looks then I'd forgo a lift.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have to admit I've been kind of eyeballing the same thing. Non-SAS, so there's quite a lot that are upgrades out there. Also a mostly daily driver, but I do go out on a lot of dirt/rutted roads - not a lot of rockclimbing or anything too technical other than the occasional rock or tree stump. I don't hate the Hitachi's, but it sounds like I could be doing a lot better, and one of my rear shocks is starting to rub so it may not be long for this world.

From what I've seen, the Bilstein 5100's wouldn't be a bad set that don't break the bank. They give you a bit of lift leeway if you want it. It does retain the factory springs, and does not have a variable shock rate. From what I can tell, they are roughly equivalent to a SAS takeoff.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/snacktimes-5100-bilstein-shocks-review-takeaways.56435/

I think going past that, yeah, your looking at $1500+ to get much more added benefit. Although I'm watching this thread to see if there aren't decent options that don't break the bank.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm back to square one on my suspension after nearly buying a set of takeoffs. I got a set of sasquatch wheels for my two door base and I want to run 33's since it's my daily and I won't be able to fit in the garage at work if I go too tall. Originally I was looking for takeoffs from either a sasquatch or badlands but I could only find stuff from a 4 door and I just don't feel confident in putting it on a two door based off what I've been told.

I've also been looking at aftermarket but everything is so expensive. I'd love to put King or Icon but I just can't afford those. I did see Rancho has a set and I always had Rancho on my old truck and liked it, but I haven't seen anybody that's got them and I don't feel like being a guinea pig. I've also looked at the Ford Performance kit but again, a little pricey.

So, in your opinion, what's the best bang for you bung suspension lift that's good for a daily driver?
A set of perch collars is probably the best bang for your buck to utilize the stock suspension until its necessary to replace or items blow out. If you want to upgrade suspension, Kings, fox, Icon are all great options are are similarly priced.
https://offroadalliance.com/search.php?search_query=bronco+perch

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bilstein 5100's gave me what I wanted, for a little more than $600. They have variable lift 1-3" I think. I used 1.5 to gain ground clearance without wacking factory geometry. Ride is good, although they did not dampened brake dive as much as I would like. I wrenched myself, but if you're going to pay someone to install the work will probably bit a bit more than a full coilover (6112s or Ford Perf) because you need to disassemble the stock coilover and reuse the spring.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You want a set of Eibach Pro-Truck 2.0 Coilovers 1000%. Will not be dissapointed.

They are are my go-to recommendation. Seriously cannot beat them for the price. They come pre-assembled for easy bolt-on installation, fully height adjustable from 1-4", progressive springs rates make for a smooth ride. Perfect for daily driving on pavement, while also more than capable for mild off-roading!

I have these on sale at Panda Motorworks for $1,550 with free shipping right now! Feel free to shoot me a message if you are interested or have any questions :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tmurder1776

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bilstein 5100's gave me what I wanted, for a little more than $600. They have variable lift 1-3" I think. I used 1.5 to gain ground clearance without wacking factory geometry. Ride is good, although they did not dampened brake dive as much as I would like. I wrenched myself, but if you're going to pay someone to install the work will probably bit a bit more than a full coilover (6112s or Ford Perf) because you need to disassemble the stock coilover and reuse the spring.
These look pretty decent. I'll probably do my own work because I'm on a tight budget. Thanks!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These look pretty decent. I'll probably do my own work because I'm on a tight budget. Thanks!
Find yourself a decent spring compressor. I used a cheap Amazon one and it worked fine, but looking back it was at it's max to do the fronts. It took me and my son most of a day but was pretty straight forward. The rears will take a 1/2" minimum breaker bar with a cheater, we used a chain link fence post. Drop the inside of the lower control arm after marking the alignment cams rather than the upper ball joint as some say. Turn only the nut side of the cam bolts, the bolt side is keyed. Have fun! You'll feel like you've accomplished something!

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You want a set of Eibach Pro-Truck 2.0 Coilovers 1000%. Will not be dissapointed.

They are are my go-to recommendation. Seriously cannot beat them for the price. They come pre-assembled for easy bolt-on installation, fully height adjustable from 1-4", progressive springs rates make for a smooth ride. Perfect for daily driving on pavement, while also more than capable for mild off-roading!

I have these on sale at Panda Motorworks for $1,550 with free shipping right now! Feel free to shoot me a message if you are interested or have any questions :)
how would you rate this for someone who has non sas but is carrying a good amount of extra weight in the rear for 6-8months with a RTT and other overlanding/camping gear?

I've also been looking at the OME setup as well.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The stock shocks are starting to get a little rough around the edges
I'm curious what this means...