First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He read straight from the email that he had received and it specifically stated that no communication would be made regarding this change.
S T R A N G E
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I missed them because I'm not super interested in reading a thousand posts on dealers in the States.

I'm not sure what you guys are looking for. Your earlier comments said you were just looking for a dealer with a straight answer. I'm not even looking and I found you at least one.

Are you looking for straight answers or a sweet deal?
We are looking for the best deal we can get, and if you were in tune (and i can understand why you aren't) with what we have experienced thus far, you would see that most dealerships in our are have zero interest in offering anything better than x plan. We are fully aware that there ARE many that will accept x plan. As for myself, the dealership that i currently have my reservation with has not even commited to accepting it. Are we good?

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aren't these the same $8.50 an hour people that don't care about their job according to some members here are totally unreliable? Are they OK to trust now? /s
Ford should be putting out an official statement about this and how/if it will affect the next steps.
I think it's pretty terrible that people (not you specifically) are shitting on the frontline workers that are ensuring our reservation gets where it belongs and have to deal with maniacs like us on a daily basis.

And the people I talked to all work for Ford officially. They're not dealerships that can go rogue. They have a script approved by Ford. So, I'd trust their information to be accurate.

I called and received the same confirmation that the deadline for switching dealers has been pushed back to 1/31/2020. I then asked if there will be an email coming from Ford regarding this change. He read straight from the email that he had received and it specifically stated that no communication would be made regarding this change. I find that a bit odd. I wonder if it's due to dealerships pressuring them against releasing that info?
When I asked if I could get it in writing both Reps I talked to said that there should be an update on media.ford.com but they declined to give any further information in regards to an official announcement.

I think it's strange they're not communicating this to the customer base and reservation holders. ?:poop:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, that is pretty huge. Free delivery, no additional dealer markup and honoring A, D, X and Z plans. If my local dealer won't honor the X plan, I have no reason not to switch. I wonder if AZ charges sales tax if you pickup and take it out of state. If not, I would pickup, otherwise, just have it delivered.
Yes they charge sales tax, but normally when you get home you only have to pay the difference between the two, at least that was the way I had to do the RV I bought in Tucson, tax was 5.5% and when I registered in CA I had to pay the 2.25% diff.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's pretty terrible that people (not you specifically) are shitting on the frontline workers that are ensuring our reservation gets where it belongs and have to deal with maniacs like us on a daily basis.

And the people I talked to all work for Ford officially. They're not dealerships that can go rogue. They have a script approved by Ford. So, I'd trust their information to be accurate.

When I asked if I could get it in writing both Reps I talked to said that there should be an update on media.ford.com but they declined to give any further information in regards to an official announcement.

I think it's strange they're not communicating this to the customer base and reservation holders. ?:poop:
I thought it was pretty insulting and demeaning when I saw that post. I just wanted to point out that people seem to be critical of someone when they're telling you something you don't want hear, but are OK with them when they tell you what you want to hear.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was pretty insulting and demeaning when I saw that post. I just wanted to point out that people seem to be critical of someone when they're telling you something you don't want hear, but are OK with them when they tell you what you want to hear.
Really? I can attest to that. ?

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm, interesting... One of my best friends lives in the Peoria area! But the $2k (plus $300 X-Plan) off at Granger will pay for that trip! :cool:
The question is what year will you get it and what deals will be available by then? My driveway is about 6 miles from Peoria Ford, so they'd make out on me.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a dealer 2 miles from me who has committed in writing to all Ford plans (I have D) and no ADM or add on’s, so that is good for me.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they charge sales tax, but normally when you get home you only have to pay the difference between the two, at least that was the way I had to do the RV I bought in Tucson, tax was 5.5% and when I registered in CA I had to pay the 2.25% diff.
But in my case, Peoria is 8.1%, which is more than what I would pay in my state--maybe $500 worth, depending on how much I spend :) and ain't no government gonna give back the difference. ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the source on this?

Maybe I don't follow automotive journalism but it seems you can just post whatever you want and that forums are good sources.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.