First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford better tighten up, or they are going to lose customers. This is unfair to people who reserved early under the assumption (as Ford told us) that we would get our Broncos in order of reservation. I can spend $50 on a different vehicle with a v8, instead. I NEED a new vehicle, so I can't wait around for 2 years for them to get it right.
This is an unfortunate reality i was trying to bring up a short bit ago but was shit on for it. This date memo is a bit of a joke and laughable, because as it stands, reality could have a drastically different view based on the allocation plan. while yes fulfilling orders based on their order would be wonderful, there is also the problematic side of late availability on some things, 2 door vs 4 door, color, ect. Ford doesnt want all of the allocations going to one region.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did say that Velocity Blue, Cyber Orange and White were all currently late/delayed production colors.
Ask yourself why anyone would believe that white would be a late production color, and then proceed to ask yourself if you can believe the rest of what they said.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ask yourself why anyone would believe that white would be a late production color, and then proceed to ask yourself if you can believe the rest of what they said.
Delayed production listings change daily, a factory shutdown, power outages, transfer of production line to making other options, etc. This does not mean it will be delayed production at the time of order just that as of today, Oxford White is on the list. Sat right there and looked at the computer with her and there were other options/packages on the list as well. Again, it changes daily and is dependent on what the plant has in stock, what color runs they are doing/have scheduled that day. The list wasn't just Bronco specific but Ford production in general.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $100 was only for the reservation. When it comes time to order, expect to put a deposit down--generally, non-refundable--to place your order. Should you choose not to purchase your Bronco when it arrives, plan not to get that deposit back.

If your Bronco arrived differently-configured than what you ordered, you could get your deposit back and probably qualify for a new order placing you in line for quick production, but if you simply change your mind or can't get financed, the dealer doesn't have to return your deposit. The deposit is because the dealer then has to assume the risk of selling the vehicle. Being a Bronco in hot demand, if you weren't able to purchase it because of a hardship issue, you likely could get your deposit back from a decent dealer, since they should be able to sell it within a day.

So, the $100 really only differentiates someone who is likely to consider ordering one from someone who just thinks they're cool and doesn't mind being on a "no obligation" list. Order time is what separates the men from the boys. ? Put up or shut up. Put your money where your mouth is. Etc. :LOL:

Except for slime ball dealers who are encouraging their customers to get a 2nd reservation and convert it to an order, sell it to them (on paper) and then buy it back from them...maybe giving them an extra few bucks for it....THEN they get to put it on their Lot and sell it at a profit. They won't be asking for those customers to put down deposits on the ghost order.

This way they are ostensibly staying within the rules and getting trucks for their lots.....scummy

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Model year tooling changes.
When we switch year to year there aren’t any tooling changes. Especially between 2021 and 2022 Bronco.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Allocation? Why do you think it wouldn't change?
The dealership would have more reservations and more conversions to orders and that is what changes the results of the allocation formula
Well I have one reservation with a small dealership and another with a large dealership, I guess I’ll wait and see.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow...this is all really starting to piss me off!!!

Ford initially told their customers orders would be filled as close to reservation dates as possible. I completely understand prioritization based on model, material availability and even regional delivery. But all this dealer preferences bullshit is just that...BULLSHIT!

"F" Ford...and "F" their F'ing Bronco! Jeep Rubicon here I come! I'm out!!!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Delayed production listings change daily, a factory shutdown, power outages, transfer of production line to making other options, etc. This does not mean it will be delayed production at the time of order just that as of today, Oxford White is on the list. Sat right there and looked at the computer with her and there were other options/packages on the list as well. Again, it changes daily and is dependent on what the plant has in stock, what color runs they are doing/have scheduled that day. The list wasn't just Bronco specific but Ford production in general.
That’s why one don’t have just one specific model being built at a time. And I’ve never seen color runs.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow...this is all really starting to piss me off!!!

Ford initially told their customers orders would be filled as close to reservation dates as possible. I completely understand prioritization based on model, material availability and even regional delivery. But all this dealer preferences bullshit is just that...BULLSHIT!

"F" Ford...and "F" their F'ing Bronco! Jeep Rubicon here I come! I'm out!!!
One more time for the people in the back!

Movin' on up!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except for slime ball dealers who are encouraging their customers to get a 2nd reservation and convert it to an order, sell it to them (on paper) and then buy it back from them...maybe giving them an extra few bucks for it....THEN they get to put it on their Lot and sell it at a profit. They won't be asking for those customers to put down deposits on the ghost order.

This way they are ostensibly staying within the rules and getting trucks for their lots.....scummy
Ok...I keep hearing this, but seriously? It takes 2 to tango as they say. Who is the rube who just fell off the turnip truck who buys a "like new" used vehicle for MORE than new msrp? In my state you couldn't do this because dealers must close on Sundays (salesman wouldn't be able to advertise "one owner car, only driven to church on sunday"). Are Atlanta area dealers open on sundays?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like Ford needs to clarify two things; will MY22 cost more in any way, two, will there be upgrades to the MY22 Bronco (any new exterior color, a light interior, 2” lift, 37” tires, white top etc) Without these answers, combined with the freedom to cancel an order even upon delivery, then the smart play is for everybody to have a MY21 AND MY22 reservation AND why not convert both to orders and wait to decide upon delivery? There is no penalty to do so (at least for the customer). I would feel guilty doing this but Ford has certainly set up a situation that will reward doing this. I see more chaos for Ford than the consumer as it currently stands.
I doubt we'll hear much about 22's until the 21 model year has been built out. As Ford always states, they don't comment on future products.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok...I keep hearing this, but seriously? It takes 2 to tango as they say. Who is the rube who just fell off the turnip truck who buys a "like new" used vehicle for MORE than new msrp? In my state you couldn't do this because dealers must close on Sundays (salesman wouldn't be able to advertise "one owner car, only driven to church on sunday"). Are Atlanta area dealers open on sundays?

I can't answer this as I do not know how the process would work. I am just going by what the dealer posted and what their dealership was trying to do. I don't see how Ford would allow it as it is taking Broncos away from people who have been waiting.

To be fair, if the price and model were right and it had no miles on it, I'd still buy it. ( unless I knew how the dealer obtained it, then fuck 'em)

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't answer this as I do not know how the process would work. I am just going by what the dealer posted and what their dealership was trying to do. I don't see how Ford would allow it as it is taking Broncos away from people who have been waiting.

To be fair, if the price and model were right and it had no miles on it, I'd still buy it. ( unless I knew how the dealer obtained it, then fuck 'em)
Well you are going to know its been titled previously. We got a saying in this business, they are only new once!

EDIT: This might actually work in AL IIRC that is the only state that does not use vehicle titles?
Sponsored