First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord with Ford's new email it mentions to be prepared for a "commitment" down payment. Can you share with us what that looks like (amount, logistics etc.) or will Kearny Mesa take this down-payment at time of delivery?
Hey! I was halfway through writing a post here but you beat me to it!

Ford just sent an email to reservation holders outlining the coming timetables. They made a specific note saying "Expect your dealer to request a deposit to confirm your commitment". I have confirmed that this statement is true. While I and Kearny Mesa Ford had no intention to charge an additional deposit above the $100 already collected, I have been informed that Ford will require dealerships to charge a minimum of $500 to process the order. They did this also for the Mach-E launch, so I guess I should have seen this coming.

It looks like the $500 will be in addition to the $100 already placed. The $500 is also the minimum as dealerships then get to decide how much above that they want to individually charge.

I just had the conversation with our GM and we agreed to NOT charge anything above Ford's minimum requirements.

I apologize to everyone whom I assured we would not charge anything extra. Technically we still aren't as this is a Ford mandate, but all the same...
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! I was halfway through writing a post here but you beat me to it!

Ford just sent an email to reservation holders outlining the coming timetables. They made a specific note saying "Expect your dealer to request a deposit to confirm your commitment". I have confirmed that this statement is true. While I and Kearny Mesa Ford had no intention to charge an additional deposit above the $100 already collected, I have been informed that Ford will require dealerships to charge a minimum of $500 to process the order. They did this also for the Mach-E launch, so I guess I should have seen this coming.

It looks like the $500 will be in addition to the $100 already placed. The $500 is also the minimum as dealerships then get to decide how much above that they want to individually charge.

I just had the conversation with our GM and we agreed to NOT charge anything above Ford's minimum requirements.

I apologize to everyone whom I assured we would not charge anything extra. Technically we still aren't as this is a Ford mandate, but all the same...
Glad we were on the same wavelength! Thank you for responding, so for those of us that switched over would it be $600 refundable deposit? (Treated like the original deposit that would be taken off on the final documentation)?

Also, Thank you and your GM for not going above Ford's min requirement???

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could of sworn we heard once order is placed its non-refundable.....but ill let @EricAtKearnyMesaFord answer that one....
Glad we were on the same wavelength! Thank you for responding, so for those of us that switched over would it be $600 refundable deposit? (Treated like the original deposit that would be taken off on the final documentation)?

Also, Thank you and your GM for not going above Ford's min requirement???
I contacted my Ford rep and got confirmation that the $500 will be refundable just like the initial $100. And for people who switched and got their $100 back already, I believe it will still just be $500, not $600. Good question though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To anybody following this thread, I've seen that document posted about Xplan being excluded on the full-size Bronco. The posted version through Ford that I have access to still shows an earlier date and does not have Bronco listed. That document posted here does look legitimate though. My contacts at Ford haven't seen this through any official channels yet either. I'll let everyone know once I have confirmation one way or the other.

Eric

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To anybody following this thread, I've seen that document posted about Xplan being excluded on the full-size Bronco. The posted version through Ford that I have access to still shows an earlier date and does not have Bronco listed. That document posted here does look legitimate though. My contacts at Ford haven't seen this through any official channels yet either. I'll let everyone know once I have confirmation one way or the other.

Eric
Thanks Eric! you the man!!

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord

Hello Eric,

Are you able to confirm whether or not this flyer is accurate? I am seriously reconsidering getting a Bronco if this is true...Your continued honest feedback is appreciated.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 1603145072804

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord

Hello Eric,

Are you able to confirm whether or not this flyer is accurate? I am seriously reconsidering getting a Bronco if this is true...Your continued honest feedback is appreciated.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 1603145072804
This is frustrating to reservation holders and potential purchasers. The 2dr/4dr Bronco was originally going to be part of the X-Plan program and switching to a dealer who is advertising the fact that they are honoring x-plan was the reason I moved my reservation to Kearny Mesa.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is frustrating to reservation holders and potential purchasers. The 2dr/4dr Bronco was originally going to be part of the X-Plan program and switching to a dealer who is advertising the fact that they are honoring x-plan was the reason I moved my reservation to Kearny Mesa.
I hear you and understand. Stay tuned for my official response soon.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Eric
You know the $1-2K savings is nice bonus, but not a deal breaker for me. I've always liked x-plan cause its a here's the bottom line add tax and title and done. If I got MSRP + tax and title, in and out I could easily live with that.

I hate playing the BS "let me talk to my manager... yeah we sold 100 in the last 10 minutes can't keep them in on the lot, $10k ADM, and we're doing you a favor". That to me was always the biggest draw of xplan.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know the $1-2K savings is nice bonus, but not a deal breaker for me. I've always liked x-plan cause its a here's the bottom line add tax and title and done. If I got MSRP + tax and title, in and out I could easily live with that.

I hate playing the BS "let me talk to my manager... yeah we sold 100 in the last 10 minutes can't keep them in on the lot, $10k ADM, and we're doing you a favor". That to me was always the biggest draw of xplan.
THIS

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope none of you did anything dumb yet like cancel your order! I went to bat and got it done. I will be sending this email out to all our reservation holders shortly, but figured you might like an advanced peak. I welcome you to share this with any other SoCal reservation holders whom I might miss.

"Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. It will though still qualify for Z/A/D plan. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the price would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
858-560-5544 ext 1013"

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all!

My name is Eric Bunch and I am the Internet Director at Kearny Mesa Ford. I have taken lead at my dealership as the point of contact for our Bronco customers. Some of you may recognize my name and dealership from this post: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/so-cal-buyers.2298/#post-96184

I've had a huge number of customers reference this forum so I decided to join the action! If you have any pressing questions that you haven't had answered at your local dealership, feel free to contact me directly and I will do my best to find the answer! My email is [email protected].

Take care!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
I reserved mine at Kearny mesa, I received your emails!! thanks for all you do?

millsra13

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2019 Toyota 4runner, 2003 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope none of you did anything dumb yet like cancel your order! I went to bat and got it done. I will be sending this email out to all our reservation holders shortly, but figured you might like an advanced peak. I welcome you to share this with any other SoCal reservation holders whom I might miss.

"Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. It will though still qualify for Z/A/D plan. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the price would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
858-560-5544 ext 1013"
Awesome news! Thanks for looking out for us, so glad I switched to you guys!
Sponsored