First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m gonna be contacting the ten closest Ford dealerships to me including the one I have a reservation with currently. If any of them say they will honor the X-plan I will be going with that dealership. If more than one says yes, I will be going with the closest one to where I live.

The whole point of X-plan for me was to safeguard a dealership trying to price gouge me out the ass not so much just to save a few hundred or thousand dollars.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

NO X-PlAN IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! I understand everyone is disappointed, with a FE on reservation I wasn't expecting it anyway, but planned on negotiating a deal close to it. With two dealer switches until the end of January we all have the power to negotiate deals close to Xplan or better. Granger and Stephen's have set the bar with $1000 under invoice, we all have the option to buy from them. Do you really think a local dealer wants you to move your reservation, If their that stupid and won't negotiate move on. I suggest after build and price comes out on Friday we can start calling around local dealers to see who's dealing and who's not. My idiot dealer told me there's no way he's discounting a FE. Guess what, there's no way I'll be purchasing from him. Remember who laughs last laughs best. Now stay thirsty my friends and sharpen your negotiation skills.
unnamed (1).jpg

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whelp, bye Ford. I was ok with some of the roll out antics but this is some horse shit. If Ford isn't going to stick to their messaging at both the corporate and dealer level I see a Jeep in my future. Ford already screwed up my reservation and that took 6 weeks to fix. I'm sure as shit not going to buy a product that I wanted and never really needed being managed like this. I have to wonder if the administrative piece is handled this poorly how is the vehicle being built and delivered experience going to be? What a shame. I've certainly lost confidence in Ford's ability to manage even the logistics of this effort and now I'll go ahead and consider this move as basically greedy as well. Oh, and finally, don't give me the specialty vehicle bullshit from the corporate level. This will be a mass produced truck and there will be a ton driving around. To me, this isn't about the extra cost due to backing out of previously offered XPlan pricing. This is to me about the principal of it...it's back pedalling and it's a shitty move on Ford's part. This all just feels wrong now...it usually pays to listen to your gut feeling especially for what for me anyway was going to be a toy, a truck to mod, for fun times.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well for starters, nobody said anyone had to spend 50k for one. In fact, nobody is being forced to buy one. And yes, its cheating the system. X plan doesn't just set a price, there is a cost to Ford for every x plan purchase. Being first buyers will cost more, plain and simple. If its "not fair", well thats unfortunate. It follows the same logic of why people buy 2020's after 2021 has already come out. They want a deal since there's more off. Being a reservation holder makes absolutely nobody special at the end of the day, just first in line.
You have a bizarre outlook if you think using xplan is cheating. I'm sorry you have such a jaded view on life that you think so many people are immoral and unethical for daring to participate in the xplan and wanting to use it. Your outlook is, frankly, unreasonable.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] deiter

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean he's really just making sense.... lots of flipping out before Ford finalized anything... there have been some hiccups but other than longer than desired delays with B&P, it hasn't gone all that badly... at least not yet.
He doesn't make any sense. He's accusing people who use the xplan of cheating. That is literal nonsense.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whelp, bye Ford. I was ok with some of the roll out antics but this is some horse shit. If Ford isn't going to stick to their messaging at both the corporate and dealer level I see a Jeep in my future. Ford already screwed up my reservation and that took 6 weeks to fix. I'm sure as shit not going to buy a product that I wanted and never really needed being managed like this. I have to wonder if the administrative piece is handled this poorly how is the vehicle being built and delivered experience going to be? What a shame. I've certainly lost confidence in Ford's ability to manage even the logistics of this effort and now I'll go ahead and consider this move as basically greedy as well. Oh, and finally, don't give me the specialty vehicle bullshit from the corporate level. This will be a mass produced truck and there will be a ton driving around. To me, this isn't about the extra cost due to backing out of previously offered XPlan pricing. This is to me about the principal of it...it's back pedalling and it's a shitty move on Ford's part.
When people post things like this they need to provide their time stamps.. You go buddy.?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is a few grand per vehicle worth the reputation loss, unit sales from people canceling due to affordability at this point and pissing off other dealers when many first year reservations switch to granger/Stephen’s? You can absolutely ship a bronco with their discount cheaper than paying MSRP.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First let me say that I have not read all 66 pages yet, but this is by far the most comical thread I have read. Unfortunately, I have a July 14th reservation, so all of you saying that you are canceling probably does not move me up in line any. I understand the memories of Broncos past, but at the end of the day this a CAR. For everyone complaining they wasted $25 joking MCA, unless you own a Mustang; yes, yes you did! For all of you that just joined to get the x-plan you tried to screw the system and well the system screwed you. I have a feeling you will need a VIN to join MCA real soon. Ford states limited availability vehicles, not limited production, big difference. The Bronco is not limited production, but MY-21 is limited availability! When Ford announced the 165,000 or whatever the number was back in August I knew that no discounts would be offered, I knew from the beginning of the launch no discounts would be offered, you’d be crazy to think otherwise. Ford never promised everything, just a guy on Twitter that said it would be available, which it very well could have. Also for Pete’s sake stop with the white top, 2.7 manual, MIC is too gray, no green paint color, ??? stuff. To quote Henry Ford “if I would have asked the customer what type of transportation they wanted, they would have asked for a faster horse that didn’t sh*t”. If you don’t like it don’t buy it, Ford never promised you anything, they are in BUSINESS to make money, they don’t really care what you think. A couple of lost sales from this forum don’t mean anything to them. For those that keep threading to go buy a jeep, go buy it because you will probably buy the bronco hate it and trade in within a year anyway.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He doesn't make any sense. He's accusing people who use the xplan of cheating. That is literal nonsense.
I didn't see the part about cheating the system when i made that reply, so either it was edited or my coffee hasn't kicked in... so i agree with everything besides the cheating the system part. If you use something thats available, its not cheating, unless you aren't eligible for it. My thing is that its a new vehicle launch with high demand, you aren't going to see many incentives at launch. I'm actually impressed that you can get the other plan prices at launch.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a feeling shit would start going south a couple months ago due too Covid-19 over the Winter. Its already starting. No X Plan and you watch next will be price hikes. Im guessing items and packages in Build and Price will be more as well.

Then on top of it all due to manufacturing delays that Ford seems to be plagued by don't expect to get your Bronco on time. Good luck to all.

welcome-to-2020-07709841a7.jpg

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First let me say that I have not read all 66 pages yet, but this is by far the most comical thread I have read. Unfortunately, I have a July 14th reservation, so all of you saying that you are canceling probably does not move me up in line any. I understand the memories of Broncos past, but at the end of the day this a CAR. For everyone complaining they wasted $25 joking MCA, unless you own a Mustang; yes, yes you did! For all of you that just joined to get the x-plan you tried to screw the system and well the system screwed you. I have a feeling you will need a VIN to join MCA real soon. Ford states limited availability vehicles, not limited production, big difference. The Bronco is not limited production, but MY-21 is limited availability! When Ford announced the 165,000 or whatever the number was back in August I knew that no discounts would be offered, I knew from the beginning of the launch no discounts would be offered, you’d be crazy to think otherwise. Ford never promised everything, just a guy on Twitter that said it would be available, which it very well could have. Also for Pete’s sake stop with the white top, 2.7 manual, MIC is too gray, no green paint color, ??? stuff. To quote Henry Ford “if I would have asked the customer what type of transportation they wanted, they would have asked for a faster horse that didn’t sh*t”. If you don’t like it don’t buy it, Ford never promised you anything, they are in BUSINESS to make money, they don’t really care what you think. A couple of lost sales from this forum don’t mean anything to them. For those that keep threading to go buy a jeep, go buy it because you will probably buy the bronco hate it and trade in within a year anyway.
You sound like Mike Levine. Lol. The problem is that Ford is trying to treat this new SUV like it’s a Ferrari when it’s clearly not. Limited production vehicle my ass.

Last edited:

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp, we shall see if I can still afford this thing when it comes time to order. Good thing I'm used to wanting stuff and not being able to afford it, haha.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully the options prices are lower on the BnP to offset losing xplan. If prices are higher then I'm out. I'm already several thousand over my original budget and its simply not worth it to me. We shall see Friday I guess.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think we're talking about 2 different topics. I'm not referring to the no X plan. I'm referring to customers having 2 reservations and placing orders on both and will cancel one of them after it arrives. This doesn't seem to raise many eyebrows. The minute a dealer posts their plan of selling a Bronco and having the customer sell it back to them so they can resell at a bigger profit. This is totally legal, but it seems because he's a dealer, he's immediately labeled as slimy and dishonest and becomes the subject of personal attacks that shouldn't be allowed here. In the end, dealers wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't a customer base to be filled.
Gotcha. Sorry for my confusion! Feeling pretty anti-dealer at the moment.
Sponsored