Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford - how about an even swap? Keep the $1895, and put rubberized floors in the WT/FE. Heck, I’m not even asking for the Marine Grade seats. Just rip out the carpets and add the rubber, please. Surely $1895 is more than enough to cover that?

Thanks! All forgiven now.
Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just kinda made that decision today too. Going soft top. Ford loses my money for hard top and a roof rack for now. Whom ever comes out with a white top first be it secondary market or Ford I will order that.
I'm planning to give my Bronco the ceramic treatment. With that, I will have the shop also paint my MIC hard top black/white or whatever color I choose. It will probably cost less than $1895.

What's weird is that the standard equipment for the WIldTrak seems to have been revised. Door handles now read as MIC, instead of body color.
  • Door Handles - Molded-in-Color, Black
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-wildtrak/

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is only the tip of the iceberg guys. There will be more disappointment and build delays due to supply shortage of various items. The more options you get, the better chance that your bronco gets held up in the build process. Ive seen it with the wranglers, gladiators and super duties.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hmmm..... what about the sound deadening material that comes with the FE? Will that be installed on the MIC top?
that extra sound deadening that is included in the high package isn't for the hardtop. That's a separate option.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
SO...I see this as an easy 3 step fix:
  1. The top comes off.
  2. Paint the top black
  3. Put the top back on.
Am I missing something?

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To everyone who thinks they can swap to a painted top later, please keep in mind that it will be a long time before they offer them for sale. Every top they make will go to new vehicles for quite a while. Plus, it will cost way more than the $1900 upgrade at the factory.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO...I see this as an easy 3 step fix:
  1. The top comes off.
  2. Paint the top black
  3. Put the top back on.
Am I missing something?
Yes, It's a different material and it's textured. Not sure how well paint will stick to it over time.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To everyone who thinks they can swap to a painted top later, please keep in mind that it will be a long time before they offer them for sale. Every top they make will go to new vehicles for quite a while. Plus, it will cost way more than the $1900 upgrade at the factory.
Exactly what Ive been trying to tell people. Being a jeep owner I see how the jeep stuff works. It'll easily be $3k for modular 4dr hardtop painted.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, technically speaking, that would be a body match top and not available until '22. I realize it is also black, but they will not see it that way. Don't assume logic will in any way factor into the equation.
You are referring to only getting the body match top black in '22 correct? Not other colors like AMB, or Cactus Grey right...

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sad part for Ford is that they should have benefited from the announcement that white tops will be available in '22. It should have been a huge fanfare, but instead it is almost a consolation prize for screwing the pooch on the modular tops. Corporate blunders abound...
Ultimately it comes down to Ford not having their suppliers fully ready. The good part is that Ford didn't screw the customer with a less than ideally finished product.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if they're anything like jeep, the hardtop purchased after the fact comes in primer so you still have to have them painted or wrapped which adds to the cost.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why the fuck do you guys think I'm always angry? :mad: God damn kids today piss me the F off! ??

Oh and while I'm at it... I now see Ford figured out how to make a white top? But for MY 2022? Are you F'in serious? What's next? 7.3l V8 in 22 as well? God I wanna hit something right now ??

OK I'm done, let me eat my dinner ?

Bunch of jerks :poop:

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability giphy(10)
Sponsored