Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

Edit: Just to address some of the already popular things:

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.
I called ford about the lack of a tow package on the base trim and they suggested I upgrade to a higher-priced trim so in other words pay a minimum of $5485 for a hitch. I'm out, gonna look for something else.
Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Simple changes for 2021 series that can have early availability:

The Badlands should have the Black Diamond's cloth interior as an option, and the Wildtrack could get the Outerbanks interiors. (This will create 2 paths: Base -> Black Diamond -> Badlands and Big Bend -> Outerbanks -> Wildtrack)

The 12 inch screen should be a dealer installed option on lesser trims.

What happened to Manual Susquatch packages for promisied? IS that a 2022?

I kid you not, I reserved a Bronco Day 1 Hour 1. I got a look at B&P and promptly reserved a second Bronco. I am going to order whatever I can get ASAP (It would be nice of ford to tell me what will cause a build delay) and I can enjoy my 2021 frankenbronco come May, and wait for my 2022/2023 gets built that has the proper paint/top/interior combination.

Simply put. I am getting a badlands, and I am ordering Neoprene seat covers. I had a wrangler with leather seats, this was my solution then.

allsought

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm sure this has been covered a lot, but I am severely disappointed in the inability to get a manual with the mid-package. If I'm forced to get an auto to get what, on many vehicles, are basic features, (like the Ford 360 stuff is just standard on Toyotas), then I'll consider other vehicles when it's time for me to buy in two years. I love the Bronco and its still at or near the top of my list, but part of what pulled me in was the hope of a manual because, quite frankly, I miss the hell out of driving a manual. If they announce the ability to buy a manual with the tech of the mid-to-higher packages, I won't even consider another vehicle. I'll be all in.

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure this has been covered a lot, but I am severely disappointed in the inability to get a manual with the mid-package. If I'm forced to get an auto to get what, on many vehicles, are basic features, (like the Ford 360 stuff is just standard on Toyotas), then I'll consider other vehicles when it's time for me to buy in two years. I love the Bronco and its still at or near the top of my list, but part of what pulled me in was the hope of a manual because, quite frankly, I miss the hell out of driving a manual. If they announce the ability to buy a manual with the tech of the mid-to-higher packages, I won't even consider another vehicle. I'll be all in.
You can get a manual and mid package, but you need to jump up to the Badlands. I personally have decided that manual > mid package > me spending more than $50k

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I called ford about the lack of a tow package on the base trim and they suggested I upgrade to a higher-priced trim so in other words pay a minimum of $5485 for a hitch. I'm out, gonna look for something else.
If that is their mentality then I'm probably out too. I'm not paying $6000 additional to jump from Base to Big Bend and add the mid package just so I can have heated seats. That's ridiculous.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can they address why is it that when you select the $4900 Sasquatch Package on the Big Bend, the automatic transmission is automatically added for $0. But on the black diamond you have to select the $1800 Automatic Transmition (or $1400 mid package which will automatically equip the auto trans) In order to select the $4500 Sasquatch Package? The inconsistency makes absolutely no sense.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Light white/grey vinyl power seat option on WT. With same or black dash...

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would sleep a lot better knowing that the 2022 White Top will be available for purchase and FIT THE 2021 MODEL!!! I think a lot of us are planning to let it ride with the soft top for the first year.

3q89l1.jpg

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Make B&P accurate!

Answer the very often asked questions about roof racks/sound deafening/paint protection not being allowed because of Sqatching our 4dr rig! Just be clear, not the mumbled “GVWR” language.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Vinyl and washout floor in the WT.
Steel rear bumper on the WT.
Signature Lighting on the BD.

Last edited:

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the thing I would like to see more of would be videos of the bronco. Show me in depth of the different trims, The different paint colors in real life, how the soft top folds, how the hard top comes off, someone washing out the interior especially on the dash with the 12" screen.

Also, whatever happened to trail turn assist? I see that kind of disappeared quietly and don't see any mention of it.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of the easiest to address is the interior accent colors. I think its stupid that in a black diamond, your accent colors inside are blue regardless of paint chosen.
I imagine this will also be something you can pay to change later down the road (aftermarket)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we please add the gray MIC top to the poll?
It's been mentioned in the thread already.

There is already an alternative for the MIC top. It's just late availability.

The poll covers concerns that haven't addressed.
Sponsored