Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how they are still showing MIC fenders. WT to have painted flares.
They’re supposed to be painted???
Sponsored

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the black grille.
Same. This is going to look great with a black painted modular top. Just need to do something about those fenders. Optional black door handles could be a nice touch as well.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we have an option to wait until it becomes available without losing our reservation status?
According to the email they sent out, yes and no. You still have to order in December, but we can select the black modular with the dealer understanding its late delivery.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. This is going to look great with a black painted modular top. Just need to do something about those fenders. Optional black door handles could be a nice touch as well.
Thinking about getting the flares painted if I go with this trim...

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford substantially lowered the price of the Wildtrak and are essentially giving folks the MIC hardtop for free. Use this savings and have the top painted if you want or wait and buy one later. So much complaining, starting to seem like FB in here!
If by free you mean about $2200 for the MIC top then I guess so.

Sponsored

AMP

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope Ford learns from there mistakes and changes them in the 2022 model year.because I am getting tired of going back and forth with what model I want.I was going with the Wildtrak but also hate gloss grill and mirrors.Badlands will probably be my pick in 2022.Who ever buys a Wildtrak maybe if you armor all the tires it will look better ha ha.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yikes on the grille/fender/to-be MIC top

Wildtrak has gotten a double kick in the nuts from webasto and that 15 year old interior materials designer.

some of these trims really suffer from no shadow black tops, and the interiors options. The wildtrak was designed to have the black mod top match the mirrors and grille. The MIC top has no business on this trim. The OBX is equally as fucked with their grille (yes it has body matched mirrors and fenders, but gets more points deducted for interior). If you want high pack plus, really, one of the few trims that comes out alive for MY21 is badlands.

So happy I have a day 1 ressie to hop on the badlands train. I can’t see how Ford will not have delays building badlands for day 3+ / week 2 reservation holders. They are going to empty out their badlands specific parts bins so quickly (whether that’s marine grade vinyl or the BL shocks, etc). Whatever they estimated on the splits between trims has got to be way off base now, given what’s unfolded with the interiors and absence of mod tops. I have a feeling half of the OBX guys and half of the Wildtrak guys have jumped ship to the Badlands....Hopefully the topic of trim level was covered in that survey so they could better manage their supply chain.

Last edited:

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by free you mean about $2200 for the MIC top then I guess so.
The wildtrak has it included already. No softop option. MIC is now standard until the painted modular one comes out late in the year

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT only looks good with Shadow Black, Race Red, or Silver (and maybe Antimatter Blue). The gloss mirrors can be pulled off in these finishes only IMO. The Carbonized Gray, Cactus Gray, and A51 clash too much.

Thus like FE, your selections are limited :)
Ford Bronco Found a Wildtrak in Area 51 (4 Door / Soft Top) 1edkyw

BroncoMike75

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Primary reason why I ordered the Outer Banks, less clashing on the exterior. But don't even get me started on the interior.
If you got the sasquatch you fenders will be MIC. They change to the larger flares for the wider tires.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes on the grille/fender/to-be MIC top
(yes it has body matched mirrors and fenders, but gets more points deducted for interior). If you want high pack plus, really, one of the few trims that comes out alive for MY21 is badlands.

So happy I have a day 1 ressie to hop on the badlands train. I can’t see how Ford will not have delays building badlands for day 3+ / week 2 reservation holders. They are going to empty out their badlands specific parts bins so quickly
I actually like the interior on the OBX, but I hate the wheels.

I like foglights, need foglights, and don't like orange inside my vehicle.

Ressie? :LOL: Ford might not let you have a badlands now, just for that comment. BTW, they already have the reservations, so they have an estimate on what parts they will need and what trims have been reserved. They also are seeing what people build in B & P.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ressie? :LOL: Ford might not let you have a badlands now, just for that comment. BTW, they already have the reservations, so they have an estimate on what parts they will need and what trims have been reserved. They also are seeing what people build in B & P.
That’s my point. you could change trims. Many are. Whatever Ford is estimating for the splits on trims is not going to play out that way.

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford substantially lowered the price of the Wildtrak and are essentially giving folks the MIC hardtop for free. Use this savings and have the top painted if you want or wait and buy one later. So much complaining, starting to seem like FB in here!
Agreed lol. I can’t wait to rock my Area 51 Wildtrak. I’ll eventually purchase the painted black top to match it all, but I’m done bitching. I love the vehicle too much and I’m too excited. I’m going to upgrade to the steel bumper/bash plates and rock rails like on the badlands, and man I cannot wait to see what aftermarket accessories we’ll have. I like the rigid pod fog and ditch lights but I’ll be excited to see what other options I’ll have for fog lights added to that gorgeous steel bumper.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t even recognize the guy who reserved an OBX on July 13th. I’ve landed on BD, the polar opposite of my reservation. I think we are all in for a wild ride. “Time Stamps” will be loosely applied. It’s all about trim specific parts availability. Day 1 reservation holders are gonna be pissed when they see someone else rolling in a Bronco long before they get theirs.