Sponsored

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Filson?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm from the North West and have always liked Filson. They were to the 1890's what Eddie Baure was to the 1990's, but they have stuck around. Their wool coats are something you buy for life, and something you can actually sell used for 100s of dollars - so the price can be justified. Their wool and canvas stuff lasts forever and "looks better with age."

That being said, I'd avoid their flannel shirts, that is one thing that they really don't do that justifies the price. There are better flannel shirts for cheaper. All their other staples are the truth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd never heard of them either (I live in Northern CA) - I didn't understand the excitement about them - looks like an extremely overpriced lumberjack supply store

Pdiddy22

Badlands
First Name
Pdiddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a pair of boots given as a gift in 2009. Good quality leather. Have to be oiled regularly. I just wear them in the winter and they have held up well.
Since then I have bought a hunting vest and belt and they serve me well.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd never heard of them either (I live in Northern CA) - I didn't understand the excitement about them - looks like an extremely overpriced lumberjack supply store
FTFY

I'd never heard of them either (I live in Northern CA) - I didn't understand the excitement about them - looks like an extremely overpriced Ford Flex
Don't forget...you're calling something overpriced on a Bronco forum. :ROFLMAO:

It's not for everyone but some people like other things whether you understand it or not.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never heard of them either. After looking it up it appears that they don’t cater to the typical bronco folks? I’m still waiting for my Carhartt edition.
For everyone mentioning Carhartt, Filson has a C.C.F line that is meant to be a direct competitor to Carhartt, in price, look and function. It's worth checking out if you love Carhartt. Their heavy weight sweatshirts are pretty epic. I have several things from both C.C.F and Carhartt.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm an avid outdoorsman, but Texas style fishing and hunting. I definitely splurge on the good stuff, but had never heard of FIlson which caught me off guard. I browsed through their stuff and saw why, not my type of gear.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have three Filson wool coats and a Filson hunting vest, all purchased new between 1985 and 1991. I don't wear the wool coats very often anymore since I moved to south Texas but I put them to a lot of use when I lived in Amarillo. I wore them while hunting, working and out on the town. Despite being 30+ years old they still look and work great. I bought a Filson wallet a few years ago and it was high quality but too thick to wear comfortably in my back pocket so I sold it on eBay for close to what i paid for it,

Seems like a lot of the imported stuff for sale these days lacks quality and doesn't last. I don't mind paying more for goods that do what they are designed to do without wearing out or breaking. My Filson stuff was expensive but has proven to be worth what I paid for it.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have owned Filson clothes for years. Outstanding quality and a corresponding high price. Their motto for years has been “Might as well have the best”.

It is a niche brand but they have a loyal following.

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Filson makes nice stuff, but may be too hoity - toity for some folks as evidenced by the number of folks who haven't heard of the brand. It is pretty much a high end hipster brand now.

I'd kill to get that Filson interior as an option....

I'd be interested in some Carhartt treatment.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if anyone answered already, but Filson stuff is still made in America. All those other brands have sold out and make the vast majority of their stuff overseas.
Bronco is supposed to be an American brand.

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Filson is great stuff, i have had a belt from them for 20 years and i still wear it every day! I also have a waxed canvas coat that i wear when out in the yard cutting wood and it wears like iron. well worth the money.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you upland bird hunt then you likely would have come across them. They are known for quality but heavy gear. Lots of folks buy their pants and chaps for briars. Their material doesn't breath well enough for how I hunt and it's expensive so I don't own anything from them.

KRB

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 92x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I must say it is surprising seeing so many people on a Ford forum bashing one of the few American companies left that still makes all/most of their goods in America. Their products are high quality and I think the price reflects that. It’s fine to not like the style of clothing they offer, but at least respect the company, ya know?
Sponsored