Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a co-worker order an Explorer Sport years ago. Aince the car was being delivered to a state that requires a front plate it was a factory install and there was no way to have them not do it, apparently. They were adamantly opposed to it but Ford clamied there was no way around it.

Dealer bs? Maybe...but their Sport definitely was delivered with that plate holder lol

Most manufacturers just throw them in the back of the vehicle and leave it to the dealer to install when they receive it if they need to. I've bought several vehicles in states that don't require a front license plates to find the mount in the trunk when I got the vehicle.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Nebraska you get what they call a fix it ticket. No fine. You just have to correct the issue with the vehicle, track down a cop who verifies it's fix, and mail in the receipt. My Dad had several vehicles that he said no way to the front license plate location. Got a couple of tickets, each time just zip tied the plate onto the front of the car, tracked down the cop, got the signature and cut the zip ties.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From Nic Cach on Facebook

I believe it’s a Cactus Gray Black Diamond with upgraded wheels and soft top.

2021 Bronco front license plate placement attachment 1.jpeg

2021 Bronco front license plate placement attachment 2-2.jpeg
Crappy spot and WONT work with a winch. I am TELLING my Dealer...do not install that bracket!!!! I will get a Winch compatible one and do it myself.

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One of the first things I do when getting a vehicle is to remind the dealership to not install the front license plate bracket. Can’t stand them.

I’ve lived in Texas for 18 years and have never had a front license plate on 8 vehicles. Never been stopped for it or ticketed for not having one.

Sponsored

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Maybe its designed to be up like that with the winch. hopefully it is clocked downward otherwise

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was about to comment and saw your post. I'll add my professional take also. Most of you without a front plate, where it was required, probably didn't grab attention in any other way. Having no front plate is an automatic, justifiable stop in states that require it. As was stated above everything after that is legitimate. You won't be able to get the reason for stop thrown out in court if something else discovered is criminal. Running with no plate is almost like giving the officer consent to pull you over at any time regardless of your driving. I have never seen a front plate ticket issued by itself. It usually is added to OVI and drug charges.
This!, I have never seen or done a stop for just no front plate, or just tinted windows, these are normally written along with or in place of a minor speed stop, or other moving violation. But just be aware you open yourself up to other violations the Officer may notice once he has you stopped. In Calif no front plate is a $125 fix-it ticket, fix it and get it signed off or pay the ticket.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lived in CA for 20 years, and haven't run front plates on my vehicles for the last 12-15 years.. I've only received one citation for it (a fix it ticket)... I will continue to NOT run a front plate on my vehicle and take the 'risk'.
Sponsored