First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing is for certain - we all have the option of cancelling. I have no intention of backing out and while I agree that the Wildtrak interior (mostly the beige dash doe me - I’m okay with the sandstone leather seats) is not perfect I’m okay with it because the vehicle with Lux and other additions will give me everything I want. But - like I said - cancelling is always an option.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The madness is driven by consumer "wants" and corporate profits. You want more than you need. Scale back, live in the moment and need, and the madness calms.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are options if the exterior color accent on the interior of the 2 door is causing you stress. Vinyl wrap is probably the cheapest but I'm sure the aftermarket will be flooded with very cheap adhesive pieces that will match whatever interior you pick. Also I'm still hoping there's a black/gray option instead of the orange in the BL. I have done build & price on only a few vehicles in the last few years (Audi, BMW, Corvette, Land Rover and Bronco) and only having a few packages that are loaded with things you want and others you may not want seems to be standard practice these days. I'm getting the Lux package because I want the damn garage opener. LOL. Doesn't mean I won't use and enjoy other parts of the package but that's the world we live in. If you want total control over all your upgrades then Porsche is the only one I know about and I can't justify spending that kind of money (911) when I'm hoping to retire one of these days. As others have said, Ford does this to make money. I feel there's an adequate number of trims and packages to suit most people but it will never satisfy all.

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Frustrating? Absolutely.

But I think at the end of the day, everyone should ask themselves a very important question.

What vehicle checks the boxes of what I want and can afford?

Whatever that answer is, that should be the vehicle you purchase. For me, it's the Bronco. I've never owned a vehicle that had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. I doubt I ever will.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This madness has got to stop. Orange and red most certainly work together. Red and blue go together. Orange and blue go together. Black and gray will go with any of the colors. Personal preference do not mean that Ford’s designers aren’t familiar with how colors work.
Lol no. Orange and red are most certainly NOT complimentary colors. Orange is quite a polarizing color as is, so to force every badlands owner into a polarizing interior color choice is Fords interior design team doing a bad job and not knowing their customer.

Google complimentary primary colors to get a basic idea of primary and secondary color accents. You'll see obviously that red and orange are so close in color that they do in fact clash pretty hard. Rapid red exterior and orange interior is just bad design. Period.

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think my main 2 gripes would be none of the exterior colors really wow me (like wranglers bikini pearl or that dark blue they had) and I really really want that obx silver dash panel in my BL. But I'll get over it!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rabid first year buyers will buy a Bronco regardless of these perceived limitations. A certain number of frustrated folks will wait and, magically, Ford will address some of the issues for MY22, then a few more for MY23 and so on....to keep the public interested and bolster sales. As was said earlier.....Ford is a "for profit" corporation. We're just pawns in the game for the next few years.
Why is this different than any other automotive company and their model trim levels? If I build any model from most manufacturers, no trim level/option packages are ideal for my preferences (and probably other buyers as well). Because so many vehicles are leased now, hardly any lower trim levels have anything but black interiors. Black is chosen so the interior doesn't look dirty and worn when the vehicle is turned in off lease and returned to the market for resale. I can't think of a current car or truck that matches a cloth or vinyl base trim in light color with a dark paint (gray or black). If you go up trim to get a light color it's leather and you mostly can get a tan interior color choice, but it's a $3K price step at minimum. And all cars now bundle options that step the price up rapidly. I see the Bronco as no different in this pricing scheme. What is different is the Bronco tries to match trim levels to purpose of use. It provides some diversity of product.

Lucky for me the Black Diamond fits my preferences almost perfectly. I wanted steel wheels, a non-cloth or non-leather interior, and no carpet. My only missing preference would be a front locker, but I doubt I'd use it much. I have full lockers on my H3T and rarely use the front diff locked, so it easy to give it up on the BD for the 98% of the content I do want. All the horseshit safety and driver aids assist crap provided in the Mid-package I don't want. The High and Lux packages are way too fancy for my tastes. If I want that level of luxury, then I'm looking for a different SUV altogether. But none offer a manual transmission, which is really the only reason I'm looking at the Bronco, other than Ford excellently executed the Resto-mod theme as they did with the Mustang. The other thing I'd prefer not to have is the tech. I'd rather have analog gauges and a screen-free dash, but that's the other standard configuration I need to accept.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mental gymnastics that I go through to figure MY Bronco is maddening. I figured out I would get a BL, but tbh, I don’t need all that rock crawling gear. Still interested in mgv, I look to the BD. But it seems like it’s lacking in creature comforts...my ass is going to be in this rig a lot, so I start building an OBX...do I really like those wheels? Will the colored fender flares work in my color? Gee, I sure would like to see the seats in person...
It goes on and on. Bottom line is, ya gotta pay to play.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This madness has got to stop. Orange and red most certainly work together. Red and blue go together. Orange and blue go together. Black and gray will go with any of the colors. Personal preference do not mean that Ford’s designers aren’t familiar with how colors work.
The original point is valid. There are several unnecessary limitations created by a an absence of choices, whether in color selection, color matching (exterior/interior) and then trim with equipment. And what does or does not mesh color-wise is in the eye of the beholder. What works for you may not-and apparently does not-work for others. I went through the same thing when I bought my F-150. I did not need nor want the 3.5 engine, just the 2.7. But nope, if you select the pano roof, Ford forces several unwanted options on you. Price goes up and you end up with items that you either do not want or need.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

exactly the same boat

all roads lead to badlands

BB and BD are great
OBX with an interior exorcism and more wheel options would be perfect

but want MGV? or Sig? High? or Lux?
price out trims with desired options and some aftermarket and your in BL territory

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I really wish Ford had not created. This model concept as it is really making getting the perfect build impossible. All the models really are, are slightly different versions with a locked in color interior and 1-2 features that you may or may not be able to get in another modal. But it creates so many unnecessary limitations.

For me all I really want is:
2 Dr
auto
maybe sas
high pkg
rubber floors with wash out
vinyl seats
black interior
side steps.

I dont need under body armor or the disco or some color interior that doesn’t even match the exterior i want. As a result my build is somewhere between a badlands or a wild Tran but neither has the basics I want.

If they had just made 2 models. One with vinyl, rubber floor and one with carpet, cloth and both in black and maybe a brown or grey and build from there it would have made things easier.

Then have something like:

Cold weather package: heated seats, steering wheel

crawler package: bash plates, rock rails, stabilizer disco, rock crawl mode

tow package: front/rear steel bumpers, hitch

Tech package: 12” screen, wireless charging, extra usb ports

Convenience: garage door opener, 2-door intelligent access, remote start

advanced safety: co-pilot, BLISS, Pre collision assist, evasive steering, adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, auto high beams

LED package: signature headlights, taillights, side mirror ELD approach lamps, ambient lighting

SAS: same as current

keep the rest as stand alone, maybe add a couple things like backup camera as standard.

SOmething like this would have avoided a lot of problems and made more sense. Instead they created a problem for a lot of people where their didnt need to be one as it seems a lot of people are stuck between models due to a couple features or interior color issues.
Honestly, I don't think your suggestions would satisfy anymore buyers than what Ford chose to do. As an example, think about ppl who live in cold weather areas but still want to do crawling in the mountains, they'd want a combination of your first two choices.

Personally, I am of the belief, "no choice, no problem". just pick the model and options you like best and go for it. Then tweak it aftermarket if you need to.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will probably end up with badlands as it has the washout interior and vinyl seats. But on paper wildtracks would make more sense as i want 2.7 the auto and would be fine with the sasquach. Plus it has sport mode that BL does not have and I can option the steps. BUT it has no option for the washout interior and the color is horrible. So Ford would have made their money if not for effing up the interior.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly, I don't think your suggestions would satisfy anymore buyers than what Ford chose to do. As an example, think about ppl who live in cold weather areas but still want to do crawling in the mountains, they'd want a combination of your first two choices.

Personally, I am of the belief, "no choice, no problem". just pick the model and options you like best and go for it. Then tweak it aftermarket if you need to.
How would your example not work? If you live in a cold area AND want to crawl in the mountains you buy both packages as they both meet your needs. you get what you need for the situation but nothing you dont. For me I would get the cold weather package but pass on the crawling package. Both would spend extra money bit only what they need. I could then use the money not spent on the crawler package for the tech package.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I'm looking at Badlands simply because I want:
  • Manual transmission
  • High or Lux package
I have no need for the sway bar disconnect or even any locking differentials. I am not going to be going through mud or sand pits or climbing over rocks.

I mean I'm sure that Ford loves that I will pay for BL even though I don't need it, but I worry a little bit about all the added weight and the potential for issues (especially with the sway bar disconnect, which appears to be a brand new design).

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the OP’s grouping of options make a lot of sense, there are too many differing opinions out there and someone will always complain. Ford thought their grouping was the best compromise. OP thinks their grouping is best. The only way to make everyone happy is to offer each individual feature independently and there would still be complaints.
Sponsored