Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, to be fair the WT is not just OBX with blacked out trinkets and a bigger price tag. It’s standard with Sasquatch and the 2.7L and a total of around $7k in total upgrades over the OBX.....you can get the OBX close, but it’s going to cost you.
Yes , its going to cost you the exact same amount. WT and OBX cost the same. For the same options.

Literally
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions Capture.JPG
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve always said Wildtrak is the best deal hands down. Once you add sasquatch, 2.7, high or lux, and auto tranny you’re either at the same price as wildtrak or over.
Base Squatch 2.7 Auto no high or lux. $40,000 and change.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes , its going to cost you the exact same amount. WT and OBX cost the same. For the same options.
The reason I went from OBX to WT was for this reason.....why stay at a lower trim level (OBX) at the same price of a higher trim (WT) figuring the WT would retain its resale value better. Kinda like XLT vs. Lariat

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think anyone is truly bashing or ripping on anyone's choice of trim, but some of Fords choices were just not normal for them. They have a way of doing trims that is almost exactly the same across every line and then Bronco came up and some of what we expected from them got tossed. Both bad and good is included. I think everyone having a shot at Sas on every trim benefited everyone. Some of the choices they made for BD and WT were way off to me. Interior choices were changed and overall most people would have it Fords normal way. Interior colors along with material choice is a staple for Ford and they took most of that away on the Bronco. Ford watches these forums and its a good place to post feedback. I don't hate WT at all but it could have been placed differently and maybe another trim could have been improved to fill the vacant hole. I think they could have done away with BD if they had made the sway disconnect an option on BL.....why even have it? It could have been Base-BB-<OBX-WT>-<BL 33" no disconnect-BL>. Then spread the interior colors out to where you had choices. Grey/Tan cloth for Base/BB, Brown/Blue/Tan for OBX, and Grey/Black or Black for BL.

All of us wnat the Bronco to be the best it can be in the end.
Different strokes for different folks ....those things you don’t like, like the WT interior, others do. I don’t understand the stupid Orange trim and stitching on the badlands interior, or the ugly beauty ring when you go Sasquatch, or the lack of sport mode......but I ordered a badlands anyways because overall it appealed to my and the capabilities I wanted more than other models. I do agree with what you’re saying, but some don’t put it quite so eloquently and it’s unnecessary to make people feel bad and have to continually defend their decisions.......particularly the OBX and WT crowd. I was both of those at one time or another. Haha. Anyways. Good discussion. And Ford did miss some opportunities....

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've elected to go 2dr base squatch. Couple features I really wish I could grab, but I'm not some six figures salary man. Ultimately, cool as it would be to have a 12" screen, sway bar disconnect and Baja mode, I realize I don't intend to rock crawl, 8" display is more than enough, and I've not got anywhere to baja anyway! Hell, I currently have all analog controls and instrument cluster aside from a digital odometer. 98 Taco! This entire vehicle is going to be an upgrade in every respect for me!

I've had a few to drink so perhaps I'm rambling and such but what's the point of nitpicking about trim levels. We know it's marketing, trying to squeeze the most out of every prospective customer. Get what you need and within your budget and damn anyone that tries to lord that one extra bit over you!

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've elected to go 2dr base squatch. Couple features I really wish I could grab, but I'm not some six figures salary man. Ultimately, cool as it would be to have a 12" screen, sway bar disconnect and Baja mode, I realize I don't intend to rock crawl, 8" display is more than enough, and I've not got anywhere to baja anyway! Hell, I currently have all analog controls and instrument cluster aside from a digital odometer. 98 Taco! This entire vehicle is going to be an upgrade in every respect for me!

I've had a few to drink so perhaps I'm rambling and such but what's the point of nitpicking about trim levels. We know it's marketing, trying to squeeze the most out of every prospective customer. Get what you need and within your budget and damn anyone that tries to lord that one extra bit over you!
That's a great build and it will do what you need, rock it when you get it.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr Base with Sasquatch, 2.7, modular bumper, upgraded bash plates, aux switches, headliner, floor liners, mic top and roof rack for $40007 with x plan pricing is where it’s at. Comes with sport mode too. Head on over to local katzskins dealer to add vinyl or leather seats of my color choice so I don’t have to settle on some odd stitching colors and I’m dialed. Not sure why Ford even offers any other models. Nobody really needs any of that other nanny tech.

Should just be Base and BaseSquatch.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No offense but you aren't making any sense. I assume you are trying to make a point that no one else is getting.
Aktshuuuuullly - I totally agree with OP. Big Bend and Black Diamond were intentionally nerfed/hobbled/crippled/made less desirable by not being able to get nicer interior packages. I did not NEED the front locker and sway bar disconnect. But I did NEED (OK, "need") the nicer interior items and fancy doo-dads, for She Who Must Be Happy. That drove me from the Black Diamond up to Badlands.

Other than the nicer radio, I'd be plenty happy with a Base Squatch. Would be even happier with Squatch BD for the MGV.

Instead I've ordered a non-Squatch, Lux, Badlands, due to how Ford boxed me out of my wants vs. needs.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alot of non factual opinions in this thread. funny how someone can state a particular trim has no point like it is fact.

Ford simply has 3 "types" of Broncos:

The base - for those that want an empty canvas (and so Ford can advertise a lower starting price)

The Washout line - BL and BD

The Mainstream Line - BB, OBX, WT for those who want very capable rigs, but feel like a normal-ish vehicle the rest of the time.

The strangest thing Ford did was use Interior Color choices to drive the trim selection instead of soley features. Meaning they should have focused on 2 or 3 interior colors and then just like features, the higher up you go the MORE options you have...not the other way around.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The strangest thing Ford did was use Interior Color choices to drive the trim selection instead of soley features. Meaning they should have focused on 2 or 3 interior colors and then just like features, the higher up you go the MORE options you have...not the other way around.
Totally agree with this. I have found myself bouncing back and forth among the different models mostly based on interior color and less so on functional features. Wish I could get the cloth sandstone from the BB in the WT I ordered. I’m stuck getting leather in the WT because of the awful pixelated cloth seat pattern in the WT. Mission accomplished Ford, you got me for another $2200! Or maybe those pixels will start to grow on me.

Bob

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sort of on topic, off topic here:
I agree with a lot of conflicting posts on here, and it makes no sense why conflicting posts all have truth in them...but they do!
It's that Rabbit hole conundrum created by all of the restrictions/add-ons/ trim-specific items that we ALL had to wade through once the Bronc page was finally loaded on to the Ford site, then again once the B&P released.
I remember printing out all of the spreadsheets, all of the screen grabs from Ford, my own notes, laying them out on the table and literally doing a "Pro and Con" list, or a "Want vs. need vs. what makes sense" list.
I see a lot of people talking about "I live in *insert geographic region here, and don't need baja/crawl/SBD/ whatever."
I looked at it in a different way. I settled in on WT in the beginning because it had all I wanted to upgrade already and I thought it was the best value for what you got (because building anything below it in standard form ended up being the same or more $).

Then I got to the real meat-n-potaters of what I wanted out of my potential experiences/trips.
I ended up in a BL because to me it offered what I wanted/needed/might need.

I plan on branching out of my locale a lot with this thing.
Most local stuff is mud/trails/some rock crawling in Uwharrie. I'm not a big crawler-type, but would like the option to go and may fall in love with it.
But I wanted the capability to drive on the beach, drive in the AZ desert, Big Bend and Badlands areas of the country with some ease and capability.
And that is my plan. To go where I haven't been in addition to where I have, to have those experiences for my family as well.
I wanted the washout-capable interior because it made sense for MY needs/wants/ experience in an occasional off-road vehicle.
So don't short yourself only based on what you live around or are comfortable with, unless you have no plans to venture out of that zone or capability of the model you choose.
And even the base is a very capable vehicle on it's own with a bit more aggressive tire.

But all in all OP hit the nail on the head, even if we all don't agree with the "Core models" he picked.
Ford did exactly what they intended.
They have different lines of the vehicle that spec out and max out in certain areas. If you want different/more, you are forced to go up in base price again and build from there.
They did genius-level pricing structure as well so when you did try and build up, you ended up at a waypoint in price where it makes logical sense to go to the next model.
None of it is by accident or just the way it fell.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a BD buyer those threads drive me nuts.

It doesn't matter how much verity you offer people they'll find something to complain about.

Of you want a bigger screen and 33s factory then offer that on another trim, stop bitching it's not offered on the trim you want.
I just want manual + mid pkg, but I DON'T WANT 33's or the swaybar disco.

That's the one that pisses me off most.
Sponsored