First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. 😁

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
I am getting the Base.

Whew! I made the cut and am in your FOUR TRIMS ONLY Framework.

If I wanted a nicer vehicle, I could have gotten a Big Bend, but then I would have been excluded from your club/meet-up events.

I am going to eat a cold pineapple pizza now.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But all in all OP hit the nail on the head, even if we all don't agree with the "Core models" he picked.
Ford did exactly what they intended.
They have different lines of the vehicle that spec out and max out in certain areas. If you want different/more, you are forced to go up in base price again and build from there.
They did genius-level pricing structure as well so when you did try and build up, you ended up at a waypoint in price where it makes logical sense to go to the next model.
None of it is by accident or just the way it fell.
As a Ford shareholder, I'm glad they did it this way 😂

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has to be the dumbest Thread posted on B6g...
You’ve been here long enough to know that’s not true. 😂

I think this thread did a lot of good. People have gotten to talk about why they love their model while resisting the temptation to move up for that one feature that sounds kinda cool. That said, we are 10 pages into this puppy. There’s no telling where it will end up. 😳

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ve been here long enough to know that’s no true. 😂

I think this thread did a lot of good. People have gotten to talk about why they love their model while resisting the temptation to move up for that one feature that sounds kinda cool. That said, we are 10 pages into this puppy. There’s no telling where it will end up. 😳
Maybe but a lot of what I see is one persons opinion on why a certain model should exist over another. When most of us haven’t even sat in a damn bronco to make those stupid statements... “oh the OBX should be this or the WT shouldn’t be a model”

basically a lot of chest thumping on why the model they ordered is the best....

All I care about is ford has offered plenty of choices, if u don’t like one pick another...

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe but a lot of what I see is one persons opinion on why a certain model should exist over another. When most of us haven’t even sat in a damn bronco to make those stupid statements... “oh the OBX should be this or the WT shouldn’t be a model”

basically a lot of chest thumping on why the model they ordered is the best....

All I care about is ford has offered plenty of choices, if u don’t like one pick another...
I hear ya. The model chest thumping should go away once people start buying and modding them. Never seen a Jeep person brag about a stock Jeep. 😂 It’s always, I just bought a Jeep, followed by all the things they plan to do to it.

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just want manual + mid pkg, but I DON'T WANT 33's or the swaybar disco.

That's the one that pisses me off most.
I 100% agree with this
The mid-package isn't even trim level locked for the automatic, except for the base. Why do you have to move all the way up to Badlands to get a mid package with the manual transmission? For my Big Bend that's a $7k upcharge for the $1500 worth of options I actually want to add.

If it were really about getting people to pony up that $7k , wouldn't the packages be locked behind Badlands for both transmission options?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base is a "value hack" like the new M1 MacBook Air is a value hack.

The processing power, performance, keyboard, screen resolution, etc. of the new 13" MacBook Air at under $1000 is just as good (or better) than a 15" MacBooks that are 2X the cost.

The 2-Door especially is artificially UNDERPRICED. Even at MSRP, I cannot believe I will be out the door at less than $32K for such a capable machine, when others are paying $60K for a very similar setup.

Also, I can get the MacBook Air in my favorite color (gold) just like I can get my Bronco in my favorite color, AMB. It is almost too good to be true!

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I 100% agree with this
The mid-package isn't even trim level locked for the automatic, except for the base. Why do you have to move all the way up to Badlands to get a mid package with the manual transmission? For my Big Bend that's a $7k upcharge for the $1500 worth of options I actually want to add.

If it were really about getting people to pony up that $7k , wouldn't the packages be locked behind Badlands for both transmission options?
Honestly, they probably lose money on the manual trans. If Jeep didn't offer it still, Ford probably wouldn't even have bothered.

So they "offer" it, but then lock it behind the bookends of the no-package base, or the maxed out Badlands. I'm surprised they caved to the pressure to offer manual sasquatch.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My biggest gripe is I can't get everything I want, with the exception of the Standard/High/Lux packages the "higher" models do not always have all features available that the lower models have. I'm getting the BL with every option available to it and I spoke to my dealer, and as soon as the ones I wanted are available through parts they are ordering them for me. I can live with some things like that.

The interior to me is what greatly changes. It is VERY difficult to change the interior after the fact. I don't "love" the BL interior. Instead of having all options from lower models and a few extra it is completely different options.

Price is virtually not an issue for me and the fact that price not being an issue and I still can select all the pieces I want is a little annoying.

I know I'm sitting in MY22 though so I hold out hope that some of these little things change going into next year.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You hit a wall on BD and BB. People seem to not understand why these models are artificially limited. This is why. They are really non-models. No disrespect to them, I'm on team BB, but Ford doesn't want you in these models. They want you on a higher trim.
True, because the dirty secret is that a BB with the 4.27 locker is thousands less than other trims but still with all the basics covered - just a good set of tires away from being capable and reasonably equipped for $40K (4dr).
Sponsored