Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw you, Ford. You seriously have NO idea how to build engagement with your customer base.
Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over at Bronco Nation I see Bronco 6G often referred to as "that other site".

The wife asked what the difference was. I asked her a question in return. Would you rather hang out with the country club snobs or the gang down at the local pub? Bronco 6G it is.

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK. From my spying reading over at BN, it looks like there was a complaint from their admin that we repost their stuff here, instead of just linking back to it on their forum. Fair enough. How we got to lawyers is another matter, but I’ll respect that complaint as a fair one.
But again, they were hired by Ford to get that information out to the vehicle buying public. Where it is read should make zero difference to Ford. And if the marketing firm thought they’d be able to generate revenue from paid accounts thanks to “exclusive” info, they picked a stupid business model.

Ford should actually give BN credit and/or commission for everywhere BN content shows up organically. That is how you build enthusiasm.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That Bronco Nation did not adequately protect their digital content does not mean it is free for the taking. Ford doesn't have locking fuel doors, does that mean all fuel in vehicles tanks that don't have locking fuel doors is "community property"? I'm not going to lie, i've used the Oklahoma Credit Card a few times to gather gas while young and following my fathers poor examples, doesn't mean it was allowed.

There is also a process one organization (Bronco6g for example) could take to request access to that trademarked content. That wasn't done. Instead watermarks were retained and used in lieu of.
Oklahoma Credit Card...
WOW!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Screw you, Ford. You seriously have NO idea how to build engagement with your customer base.
And isn't that amazing. Not only does Ford suck at it, but they hand off PR/Marketing to another firm that also sucks at it!! How can this be?? They're merely pissing off the very customers they want and need! DUH!!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The thing is, they could have done this in a way that doesn’t piss an entire community off: don’t repost our content - post links to it. Don’t post anything behind the paywall - summary mention with link is ok. Go through and remove what has been posted and replace it with links. Screenshots and copy/paste of full content is not ok.

I was made aware of, and have clicked through to their content mostly from Bronco6G. They are losing subscribers and clicks with this move.

They will be irrelevant when the rest of the media and many of us get access to Broncos. Largely because the details we have questions about which they ignore, answer evasively, or gloss over and instead do the tenth video of how the roof panels come off, will get answered by the people who have been asking the questions.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pulvis et umbra sumus!
...in the wind?

That a great nickname and initials, but we need to clarify. They are not a state similar to California or The Great State of Texas!, more like a Wyoming or Vermont... ?
As a former Californian... kinda the same level of d-baggery

does "deleting account" mean deleting your content? or does that just become attributed to "anonymous?
Lots of case law not requiring anything more than pseudonymizing stuff, but you may be able to argue about what might be able to identify you since your verbiage and even keystroke patterns are fairly unique

Probably just started at a higher number. No rule says you have to start at 1. Fun fact: The first Porsche ever sold was #7.
If you are using inflated numbers as an assertion of authority to attract members for a profit, then it could be subject to truth in advertising laws.

I did not delete my posts before I requested them to delete my account. I only had 22 posts there, mostly from early on before we knew how lame a site it was. The posts do not say "Deleted User" they now say "North7 Guest".

I sent a follow up email to them requesting they delete my content but I have not heard back from them.
I stated that I was requesting deletion of account, content, and any references to me. Whether or not they comply, I received the boiler plate reply as everyone else did.

I read something on BN a week or two ago about something authored by one of their writers was copied and reprinted not giving the author credit. Perhaps this is something more along those lines that prompted this? EIther way if I hate to agree but looking strictly from a law point of view, if something is copy writed proper permission has to be given or credit given, otherwise, what's the point of having a copy write, everyone would be stealing each others work. Maybe we will get some better insight into what exactly was improperly posted. As said in some of the posts i've read, what's the difference if we are only copying and pasting a link to a BN post on youtube? If their pictures are out on the internet, with their water mark and we repost them here still with the water mark, I would think we have done nothing wrong. Now if we took one of their pictures and scrubbed the water mark, different story.
Like High school/college...Give credit to the source or its plagiarism. Copy and paste, "no good", link the source, "good".. hopefully as simple as that to square this all away. I use and enjoy both sites, don't want to seem like one or the other is the enemy and we all end up talking shit about the other forum, that's not cool.
Not a lawyer but:
  1. You should ask for permission, maybe they’ll grant us permission to all or a subset of media
  2. HTTP links is not something that can be copyrighted. It’d be like copyrighting a citation. So instead of posting the media, post a link to it. That’s actually a more fair thing to do anyway
You don't have to provide a hyperlink to cite properly and their watermark would hold up in any decent court as proper attribution. Look at MLA, APA, etc. and see how little is given. Unless Bronco Nation is willing to admit that no reasonable person would know who they are based on their own watermark...

If computer code falls under copywrite law, then why couldn't the text of hyperlinks?

This is some pre-SLAPP B.S.

I need some spare time to make some GIFs... everybody get takedown notices for all the GIFs we've used that come from TV shows and other copyrighted works???? No? Exactly.

Debs

Black Diamond
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Excursion, 2006 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh, I am one of those suckers who actually paid for a BN membership back in July when I put my reservation in. When I got the cheap ass member stuff in the mail I was disappointed. I’ve looked on their website a few times but still can’t figure out what I actually paid for. #instantregret
I’m glad this forum exists and is so informative.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over at Bronco Nation I see Bronco 6G often referred to as "that other site".

The wife asked what the difference was. I asked her a question in return. Would you rather hang out with the country club snobs or the gang down at the local pub? Bronco 6G it is.
They're not even country club snobs. They're the teacher's pet who tattles on everyone who finds them annoying as shit.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But again, they were hired by Ford to get that information out to the vehicle buying public. Where it is read should make zero difference to Ford. And if the marketing firm thought they’d be able to generate revenue from paid accounts thanks to “exclusive” info, they picked a stupid business model.

Ford should actually give BN credit and/or commission for everywhere BN content shows up organically. That is how you build enthusiasm.
It's funny he took the high road about "creating a community" or whatever, then turns around sends his attorneys after 6G. Share a link/image without attribution? HOW RUDE. Sic attorneys on your competitors? Meh that's ok.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...in the wind?

As a former Californian... kinda the same level of d-baggery

Lots of case law not requiring anything more than pseudonymizing stuff, but you may be able to argue about what might be able to identify you since your verbiage and even keystroke patterns are fairly unique

If you are using inflated numbers as an assertion of authority to attract members for a profit, then it could be subject to truth in advertising laws.

I stated that I was requesting deletion of account, content, and any references to me. Whether or not they comply, I received the boiler plate reply as everyone else did.

You don't have to provide a hyperlink to cite properly and their watermark would hold up in any decent court as proper attribution. Look at MLA, APA, etc. and see how little is given. Unless Bronco Nation is willing to admit that no reasonable person would know who they are based on their own watermark...

If computer code falls under copywrite law, then why couldn't the text of hyperlinks?

This is some pre-SLAPP B.S.

I need some spare time to make some GIFs... everybody get takedown notices for all the GIFs we've used that come from TV shows and other copyrighted works???? No? Exactly.
This entire reply gives me nervous flashbacks to that little blue book that took years away from my life ??

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The truly mind blowing part of all of this is that BN’s existence is to be the marketing wing for this vehicle (brand if you will). Overall, the more popular, more heavily visited site posting your pics and videos (with no attempts to represent them as their own) is a good thing.

In today’s age, SMM is all about getting eyeballs, clicks, referrals, reposts, collaborations, what have you. This validates the original purveyor of the content in the consumer’s eyes — because they see the same content elsewhere, and are more likely to trust the content and identify with it more. This would ultimately build trust in BN as a source of new Bronco photos.

B6G reposting their content is nothing but good for Ford. The fact that Jackson Dawson is purposely cutting the amount of eyeballs seeing new Bronco images speaks volumes about the lack of leadership at Ford.

That there is no clearly stated commander’s intent from Ford to Jackson Dawson mandating only doing things that increase views, buzz and excitement RE Bronco is pretty surprising.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BN has a thread about us. ?

We were referred to as “middle school drama”. Shows what they know. We’re clearly frat house pranksters. ?
So B6G is the Delta Tau Chi fraternity on campus. Much better than being a member of Omega House. "Thank you sir may I have another"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.