Sponsored

Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its an extra $600 to add soft top. any reason why I should?

doesnt look like its the "fold back" version?
I assume if I would have to take the whole thing off to have any of it off, while the hard top can come off in pieces.
the hard top can be stored in the 4dr version, so portability isnt a big benefit.

what am I potentially missing?

Thanks
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only the front two pieces over the driver and passenger are designed to be stored onboard. Those come with bags. I'm sure you could fit the middle piece in but its not designed to fit nor does it come with a bag. The rear piece has to be on or off the vehicle.

The benefit of the soft top is you can go topless and leave the cargo area open or fill it with doors. Then, if needed, put the soft top on because of rain or whatever.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also when storing the top you lose the ability to stow the doors in back.

It is the foldback soft version.

Edit: I'm ordering MIC to get the wiper hookups but will be getting a soft later down the road for summer fold back

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the open air feel....but a little protection from blazing sun, bird shit, and maybe a little sprinkle. Plus, it looks cool?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are there pictures of these 3 configurations?

so you can fold the whole thing back, without actually removing it and stowing it? it would just stow in place folded back over the spare tire?

That sounds pretty cool... then just swing it forward? And this is on the 4dr?
That's correct. 4-door only.

There are a lot of pictures but I can't think of specific posts to direct you to. Maybe when Broncos were being tested in Moab and the Rubicon? There's a good Bronco Nation video on the soft top.

Also, it basically works like a Jeep top and there are pictures everywhere of those.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are there pictures of these 3 configurations?

so you can fold the whole thing back, without actually removing it and stowing it? it would just stow in place folded back over the spare tire?

That sounds pretty cool... then just swing it forward? And this is on the 4dr?

Ford Bronco Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well? Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 13.09.22

Ford Bronco Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well? 1598208820749-
Ford Bronco Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well? 2021-Bronco-soft-top-folding-removal-removing-windows
Ford Bronco Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well? 1598964514003
Ford Bronco Never owned a convertible, plan on a mod top, but can anyone provide some possible reasons to get the soft top as well? Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 13.17.40

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BroncoNation video of the soft-top "How to" shows some functionality as well.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trust me, as much as I always thought about getting a Coupe over a 'vert, there's those perfect spring/summer/fall/January days where you'll just wish ya dropped the top

I wanna get a soft top, especially if they studied jeep and made it easier than this:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no use for soft tops, just a personal preferance.

Bimini tops however, I'll use every chance I get. On the 69, as soon as it's warm enough, the hard top comes off and the bimini top goes on and that's it until fall.

Not sure how it will work for the new one which will be my daily driver and I'll want the hard top for the commute, but the new tops come off FAR easier than the 69's one piece heavy metal bastard.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no use for soft tops, just a personal preferance.

Bimini tops however, I'll use every chance I get. On the 69, as soon as it's warm enough, the hard top comes off and the bimini top goes on and that's it until fall.

Not sure how it will work for the new one which will be my daily driver and I'll want the hard top for the commute, but the new tops come off FAR easier than the 69's one piece heavy metal bastard.
Yeah, easy to think I'd just remove the hard top....but birds. No, don't need their crap all over my interior, washout or not!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, easy to think I'd just remove the hard top....but birds. No, don't need their crap all over my interior, washout or not!
69 sleeps in the garage, but since you mentioned it, I cannot recall bird crap being an issue.

I run the bimini(bikini) tops for several reasons.
1. Keep the sun off me. Already had one growth removed from my forehead, won't risk another.
2. Pop up rain storms. The bikini works surprisingly well, especially if you can keep moving.
Otherwise, all the benefits of having it full convertible. Still get a ton of air blowing through, even with doors on.

I'd imagine it would keep basically all the bird crap off the interior, if not it's because the bird was actually under the cover. Especially if you keep the doors on and windows up(assuming parked at work etc).
I always keep a few small detail towels in the vehicles anyways, so clean up shouldn't pose much of an issue.

BroncBuster

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 KR, 2016 Expedition, 2021 Badlands Sas.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not doing the full soft top but I am ordering a Bimini.
The B&P offers the Bimini in either a canvas or a mesh version, with the canvas being $100 more than the mesh.
Can anybody speak to the pros/cons, advantages/disadvantages, of one being a better choice than the other?

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The mesh will provide pretty good shading and will let some wind through and flap less at speed. The canvas will provide full shade, not partial, and moderate protection against drizzle.

I’ve had both on Jeeps. Pick based on your environmental considerations and how much sun blockage you prefer.
Sponsored