First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@broncosor thanks so much for the write up and info. Great stuff. I know you send there was more head and leg room than a Jeep, but I was wondering if it felt roomier or bigger side to side? My jeep just feels cramped on longer trips. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks again!
Bronco feels almost identical to a wrangler interior wise. I agree with OP, the Bronco has noticeably more headroom due to the bar on the wrangler. Otherwise the same. Was hoping for a few more inches of width myself.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read that as not a V8 so sounds bad.
I guess?!?!? Wish the OP would elaborate more on this. Did the engine sound like it wasnā€™t getting much power or did it sound like it was about to fall out of the vehicle? Maybe something else?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.
Hmm interesting and intriguing šŸ¤”
Sure take all my money

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gonna scream for real if i get stuck with a MY21 and they redesign the roofs in my22 and they cant fit on the my21 roofs

shit is giving me nightmares

EDIT

seems he meant something else
Nightmares is right. Confirmed my ā€˜21 order yesterday because they were told by someone at Ford that Iā€™d be able to get a roof rack at ā€œsomeā€ point after delivery. Iā€™ll be pissed if that winds up not being true.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nightmares is right. Confirmed my ā€˜21 order yesterday because they were told by someone at Ford that Iā€™d be able to get a roof rack at ā€œsomeā€ point after delivery. Iā€™ll be pissed if that winds up not being true.
seems he said they are not changing the roof but the roof rack so we should be good

Sponsored

Grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It just sounds like a regular 4 cylinder SUV to me. Nothing exciting. But nothing bad in particular.

Looked red not maroon. Photo is accurate (although itā€™s a bit dirty so the maroon probably comes from the dirt) looked nice but not my personal choice.
Yes experience with Jeep. Front travel suspension much better on the Bronco. Night and day.
Articulation I cant compare because I would need a side by side.

Lol donā€™t ask me!

it doesnā€™t look great. The badlands and sandstone from WT looked better. But itā€™s not as bad as in picture cause itā€™s a dark blue. Avoid it if you can. If you canā€™t, then you will have a happy life with this beast

Sorry if my message wasnā€™t clear. I didnā€™t say that the MY22 top wonā€™t fit a MY21 Bronco. I said that a MY22 ROOFRACK will probably not fit a MY21 Bronco. Reason being they are changing how the roof rack bolts on the top, and apparently the bolt placement (of the rack on the top, not of the top on the Bronco)

I havenā€™t felt cramped in the Jeep in term of width so I canā€™t help here. But plenty of space in the Bronco and the seat is more comfortable by far.
seems he said they are not changing the roof but the roof rack so we should be good
Hopefully. It wouldnā€™t make sense if the ā€œupdatedā€ roof rack doesnā€™t fit the 2021. Iā€™m wondering if they may stretch it so it bolts a bit further back.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really wanted a WildTrak, but decided on a Badlands, solely for the interior color. I go to confirm my order at the dealership tomorrow and this thread is giving me pause. Did you like the WildTrak interior or Badlands interior better? Is Baja mode worth going with a WildTrak and "second choice" interior?
I believe Badlands HAS Baja. It's Sport mode that Wildtrak gets that Badlands doesn't have (Badlands gets Rock Crawl instead of Sport).

You can go see Rapid Red today. It is a currently offered color for Explorers (and presumably other Ford vehicles). This is my Explorer ST...definitely more of a Candy Apple Red.
010CB441-0600-4ECD-B5DB-CCA6CB15C565.jpeg
I've seen a few Explorer STs running around in Rapid Red, and I usually don't like red, but they look pretty sexy in it.

The engine sounded bad? Uh oh.
I took it to just mean it's a V6 sound, so nothing spectacular (vs. say a V8), not that it was this gut wrenching banshee sound or anything. He said that above as well.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if my message wasnā€™t clear. I didnā€™t say that the MY22 top wonā€™t fit a MY21 Bronco. I said that a MY22 ROOFRACK will probably not fit a MY21 Bronco. Reason being they are changing how the roof rack bolts on the top, and apparently the bolt placement (of the rack on the top, not of the top on the Bronco)
Not questioning what you're saying, nor do I expect you to necessarily have the answer, but I'm not quite understanding how if it's the same top (there's no way it wouldn't be with the investment that's gone into it), that even if the roof rack were redone for '22MY, why a '22 rack it wouldn't fit on a '21 top, given it's the same roof/same place to mount?

Color me confused lol

Hopefully. It wouldnā€™t make sense if the ā€œupdatedā€ roof rack doesnā€™t fit the 2021. Iā€™m wondering if they may stretch it so it bolts a bit further back.
Yup, I'm wondering the same thing. Theoretically, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to put it on if the roof is the same. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not sure how to interpret what heā€™d said. If they change the roof for ā€˜22 with new spots to bolt the rack weā€™d need the ā€˜21 roof rack that has the center of gravity issue. So confusing...

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like '22 will have new TOPS and ROOFRACK. So the new roofrack wouldn't work with '21 tops

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like '22 will have new TOPS and ROOFRACK. So the new roofrack wouldn't work with '21 tops
I just find it very hard to believe that after all the money that's been invested in the top already that they'd be redesigning it before it's even on sale.

The only possible way that'd be possible is if just the top piece of the rear clamshell was redone, but the rest remains the same.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just find it very hard to believe that after all the money that's been invested in the top already that they'd be redesigning it before it's even on sale.

The only possible way that'd be possible is if just the top piece of the rear clamshell was redone, but the rest remains the same.
I just wish Ford would be straight with us about it. Huge bummer if a '22 roof rack won't fit on a '21 and vice versa.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great report. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Just keeps reinforcing my decision to push the 'go' button.
Glad to hear Rapid Red is actually Red and not Burgundy.
Hereā€™s a picture I took last week of a Rapid Red Raptor.

0FE7924D-E152-4B52-AAE9-61CFF06FCB20.jpeg

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea but given what we know, I think I'll just not get the roofrack. The only loss hopefully would be that I might have to get a new top.
Sponsored