First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was sold on this color until I seen it in person on the ranger. Just looked really blah and washed out, like it was trying to be a color but didn’t make it. I think it would’ve looked better with a blacked out package though. It needs some dark contrasting colors against it. Def stay away from the greys with cactus in my opinion.
5A426299-8369-4B91-AA25-B783287C3765.jpeg
Although, this pic still looks a lot better than what Levine says is the more-correct color.

But if someone wants to see a nice grey, Iconic Silver looks amazing in person--like liquid metal. And Charcoal has much more interest and depth and is metallic. I'll bet Cactus goes from most-beloved, from when the original white top was spotted in the early promo pics, to a one-and-done year color, replaced in MY22.
Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Levine Confirms Cactus Gray Color Change on Build and Price 056028AD-79FA-4072-9199-B51E19A56331
Here’s a sport I drove by at my local dealership last Saturday in full sun. It looked different in the evening. I liked it, but I’d recommend seeing it in person before ordering.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so I guess Cyber Orange is really School Bus Yellow :cool:
Or Lane Stripe Yellow. Maybe SB Yellow if it's a 4-door and LS Yellow for 2-door. :)

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all boils down to the camera. I took these 2 pics at the same time, both with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. The first one was set on the generic photo setting, the second set on Portrait Mode with the color set to natural lighting.

Regular Photo Setting:
Ford Bronco Levine Confirms Cactus Gray Color Change on Build and Price 056028AD-79FA-4072-9199-B51E19A56331

Portrait Mode - Natural Color:

I can tell you that the second shot represents what the color looked like in person about as accurate as I can expect.
Yes, completely agree, that bottom pic (Portrait Mode - Natural Color), is the closest to real life. It's more or less a light concrete with a hue of color. It still looks good but not what I had pictured initially.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are any colors actually accurate when portrayed?

Like if you go pick out a paint swatch at the store, it will for surely look different on your walls. The swatch gives you the idea, but in real world it's always different.

While I'm here... I can't get enough of the 'it looks different in light comments'. No kidding! Everything looks different in light vs shade, or night time.

....for some reason the Oxford white looks really white in sun light, but at night, it's not as white, white... weird, it's a chameleon color! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Yes actually I have found paint swatches to be fairly accurate provided the paint tinting machine is properly calibrated. Also, lighting can affect some colors far more than others (e.g. antimatter blue), but we're not talking about shading from different kelvin temps. No matter the lighting it wouldn't generally add brown tint to the cactus gray like they did in the build and price. We can go into color theory if you want, but my main point was they didn't actually improve the accuracy of cactus gray and none of the colors in the build and price are vary accurately rendered. Some car companies do better at it than others on their websites, but the Ford website is bottom of the barrel at color accuracy.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do these look like when I put on my rosed colored glasses?

Also, can I buy Rose Colored glasses at the dealer with my FordPass Points?
If so, I will need to do the "switch delete" so I have a place for them.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t want to stir the pot....but....

I saw Area 51 in person on a Bronco sport, was super disappointed. It didn’t look like build and price either.

:-(

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please see Mike Levine's Twitter Post.

So it is not actually that Green, but is more Gray. Pretty big difference there!
Real life photos confirm this, but I wonder how many people have ordered the color thinking it is a shade of Green?

Mike. Once again, your communications are poor. Is the color the same? Yes or no? Is the current color labeled "Cactus Grey" different in anyway from the time the color was first presented? Yes or no? If there is a color change, if any, in how it appears on the computer screen? Yes or no?

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it is not actually that Green, but is more Gray. Pretty big difference there!
Real life photos confirm this, but I wonder how many people have ordered the color thinking it is a shade of Green?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.42.31 AM.jpg

I just contacted my dealer. I was getting the Big Bend simply because of the color. Once i saw this, i had him send me a pic from his phone of the ranger he had on the lot. I am now getting the Base with Squatch in Velocity Blue. Just wanted the blueish green color they showed. Turns out its not that. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t want to stir the pot....but....

I saw Area 51 in person on a Bronco sport, was super disappointed. It didn’t look like build and price either.

:-(
Me too. Was not expecting A51 to be a dull pastel green. Thank God I saw it in real life first

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just contacted my dealer. I was getting the Big Bend simply because of the color. Once i saw this, i had him send me a pic from his phone of the ranger he had on the lot. I am now getting the Base with Squatch in Velocity Blue. Just wanted the blueish green color they showed. Turns out its not that. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Appreciate the mention. Thanks!