Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Banned
Hoping all of the Texas folk that were out last night with the weather are ok. 75-100 car wreck.
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was pretty bad, 5 dead so far, a bunch injured and 100+ cars involved all from some ice on the freeway. Had to check on my Fort Worth friends today. There's a video of an 18 wheeler fedex truck plowing through cars and jumping the concrete medium. Crazy stuff, Stay safe.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm one hour outside of Dallas, our sidewalk, driveway and streets are a sheet of ice, worst ice storm in years. This is one message making the rounds in our area.
āš āš I want everyone to understand just how dangerous this winter storm will be on Sunday night/Monday. Wording below is directly from the NWS Fort Worth.āš āš 

ā€œSunday through Thursday
Dangerous and record breaking cold expected Sunday night through Tuesday night.
Significant snowfall with 2-6ā€ of snow looking more likely areawide Sunday night and Monday morning. Where higher amounts of snow falls, travel may become impossible and possibly life threatening for stranded motorists during this time.

Temperatures falling into the single digits and teens Sunday night and Monday as a stronger arctic front blasts through. Tuesday morning will be the coldest with temperatures from 0 degrees along the Red River to 10 degrees in Central Texas.
Wind chills between -15 and 10 from Sunday night through Tuesday.

Lingering subfreezing temperatures into next week mean road conditions will remain hazardous (ice and snow packed) for several days. (Be aware that salt becomes less effective as a de-icer as temperatures fall below 15 degrees.)
Many pipes will freeze and break, even including some that arenā€™t directly exposed.
Demand for energy across Texas may reach record levels Monday and Tuesday. When these temperatures have occurred in the past (last time Feb 2011), some power disruptions have occurredā€.

Sponsored

nbennett14

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion, 14 Fusion, 07 Expedition, 14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a 2 minute video on facebook that shows a girl running from her vehicle just right before more vehicles come crashing in. I guess that girl is from where I am at here in Illinois. She was very lucky.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just watching local news, the clean up is still ongoing. The worst of the weather will not be here until the weekend.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is typical for Texas in February. One year a lady flew off the highway and crashed into Cadillac dealership and a bunch of cars went up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty rough to see. Praying for those affected by this.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is awful.šŸ˜¢

I've always wondered if things like this happen more often in places that only occassionally deal with ice.
Sponsored