Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im actually surprised VB is at 9% expected less
Right, apparently the VB bitchers are quite vocal ...or are lying. LOL

AMB is shocking , especially when viewed from the point of Cyber Orange! All the hate for AMB and very vocal love for CyOr, yet the numbers tell a different story.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

VB will be an excellent color in the real world. It's not as much of an attention getter as you're imagining (IMHO), it doesn't scream attention nor does it get as many looks as Lightning Blue did (arguably Lightning Blue was more extremely bright and characterful in full sunlight).

Can't imagine you not being happy with VB in the long run where as Carbonized Gray will be just as boring and dull in 2 years as it is today. At least VB will perk you up and provide some visual interest on that long hood every time you're driving it.

Obviously you'll order whatever you want. But you asked so that implies you're open to the ideas of others.

Good luck and Go Braves!

Pic for attention. F150 in Lightning Blue, Mustang in Velocity Blue. as you can see, VB isn't quite as loud, it has a subtle silver base to it which mutes the color a little bit.
20180815_164237_99de9f3509519c5a78354cb93768589363c69c25.jpg
Really appreciate your solid input, made some very valid points. One of the points you brought up is why i decided to post, I felt I was telling myself that color is too much because i've just always owned darker vehicles. A switch up is always nice. Go Braves ! Good luck to you as well

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. So you really think silver vehicles get in more wrecks... Because of their color? And that red has higher insurance. You being serious?

Velocity Blue looks cheap and torquise to me in person and I love blues.
In my state of GA and county, our insurance is not just based on the individual driver, but the drivers around you and the frequency of accidents in your area & yes color plays a part in insurance and accidents. The way people drive here in Atlanta, they don't see Silver vehicles so they are wrecked waaaay more frequently than a vehicle you can see coming either at a distant, or suddenly that is in a different color.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. My advice to myself though was that I wasn't going to give in and be willing to pay whatever just to get a different option if it wasn't completely necessary for me personally.. I also wasn't going to pay for features or higher end models just to say I have one.. My other advice though was that this is a commitment and you should get what makes you happy and whats going to go the best with your lifestyle because at the end of the day, its your life and your money and the extra 5-7k doesn't do much a difference in monthly payments, only the total you're paying in the end really.. Happy with my Base though as its what will work best for 'me' !

There's still time to make model and color decisions though, I think we'll be getting more vids & info soon so its a waiting game
i found this and want to believe that this is what velocity will look like on my two door. Looking to add a white top and maybe wheels down the line. second pic is what I imagine Area 51 would look like with same wheel top combo

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? E7061B41-7581-45F2-AF4D-A3B120BB3ECF

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 0CC13837-FD49-4ED0-B13F-E289574B1157

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 502ED5B9-9CAD-4578-B1AD-C3BA76A9B5EF

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 4D75C988-B51A-49FB-88AB-58C62AE5583C

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all, hope everyone has a good week ! Looking for a little clarity after this post about my paint color choice...

I picked Velocity Blue from the rip with this vehicle after looking through all of the paint options for the Base. With having to soon possibly lock my order in (I already ordered but can alter by 3/19 I was told) I'm having second thoughts on the color.

I've owned nothing but dark (black & dark blue) vehicles so I know first hand how difficult they are (personally) to keep clean and free of swirl even after a wash. Therefore, I probably would never get another dark vehicle again (So no SB OR AMB). However, Oxford White is too white (personally) and Silver is not a good color in GA - a lot of accidents (Silvers) and higher insurance with Red (So no IS OR RR) . So that kind of only leaves me with Carbonized Grey and my original choice...Velocity Blue - 2 completely different colors!

Nothing is wrong with VB, "I" am just a lowkey, non attention seeking individual..Years down the line would this color play out, or play out quick, is this a color I could live with, are there too many shades from different angles...it's just not what I'm used to so idk if its an eye sore or its just me needing to get used to something new which is why I've decided to reach out to the forum. Maybe some of you already have a vehicle in this color that you like/dislike? Out of 20 cars sitting at a red light, the VB Ford sticks out to me for sure! I consider this an investment & a big deal when making long-term decisions, I want to be satisfied with my choice! There are more expensive Bronco options yes but my price is still expensive to me & I want no regrets. However, at the same time I didn't want a color too basic as it's already a Base. I recommend anyone else in this same predicament to visit a Ford dealership on Sundays. It puts the colors into better perspective but only helps but so much because the color is still on a completely different frame silhouette than the Bronco - but at least you can see what the color looks like to the eye.

I know there are other threads on VB, but still didn't help solidify a choice in my mind 100%. I appreciate all reading this & those who offer their input! At the end of the day no matter what we all post on here, we will make our decisions thats best for us individually so thanks to everyone again for any advice on my small simple dilemma. I think maybe the fact I still haven't seen this color much on the base Bronco is swaying me

- Base 2 DR No Sas ( doing my own wheel & tire upgrading )

So finally I ask, Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey?

Not expecting people to make up my mind, just getting opinions from other future Bronco owners!
Carbonized Grey looks good, but it is boring as hell. If you want to blend in with the sea of non descript looking vehicles, go with CG. If you have a pulse, get VB.

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had acid trips that didn't oversaturate colors as badly as your Mustang pic!

Once that starts wearing off and your bad trip is over, you're left with the real world.

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 4D75C988-B51A-49FB-88AB-58C62AE5583C

Sometimes the hue difference is less noticeable to the eye and more obvious on pictures, like one person said the VB can sometimes look like the cheaper version of LB on certain cars

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. My advice to myself though was that I wasn't going to give in and be willing to pay whatever just to get a different option if it wasn't completely necessary for me personally.. I also wasn't going to pay for features or higher end models just to say I have one.. My other advice though was that this is a commitment and you should get what makes you happy and whats going to go the best with your lifestyle because at the end of the day, its your life and your money and the extra 5-7k doesn't do much a difference in monthly payments, only the total you're paying in the end really.. Happy with my Base though as its what will work best for 'me' !

There's still time to make model and color decisions though, I think we'll be getting more vids & info soon so its a waiting game
i found this and want to believe that this is what velocity will look like on my two door. Looking to add a white top and maybe wheels down the line. third pic is what I imagine Area 51 would look like with same wheel top combo

OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carbonized Grey looks good, but it is boring as hell. If you want to blend in with the sea of non descript looking vehicles, go with CG. If you have a pulse, get VB.
Whats your build ? Thanks for the input !

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco67

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grey interior, grey exterior trim, dark grey / black top, grey wheels, black tires.

That all needs Velocity Blue paint.
thats what im leaning more towards.. think i may want to see in on the bronco to finalize, it just looks so different to me on every vehicle. Thanks for the input !

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very strongly considering CG myself but ended up ordering VB. Then I saw the pics of the Bronco in CG in an ealier post in this thead, and it looks beautiful.

We're going to be fine either way it appears.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm stuck between carbonized and velocity as well. Carbonized seems like the safer choice. I plan on having this truck for 10+ years and don't want to grow tired of the color. I also like you said don't like attracting much attention and figure a new bronco on 35s will attract more than I want anyway, so no need for the blue paint. But I love the way velocity looks. I've given cactus a thought because it's unique but don't really like the mint tones and i prefer a metallic paint. The one thing holding me back from switching to Velocity is that there just haven't been many good pictures of them yet. I'll stick with Carbonized until I see something that convinces me to change. I think carbonized with some bronze wheels would look great too.

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? 1615254977376

We've gotten both colors in at work and the carbonized looks fine enough but doesn't really stand out like the velocity. At least on Super Duties.
Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? IMG_2305

Ford Bronco Color Decision for my Base 2 DR? IMG_3285
Sponsored