Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Overland6IMG_0942-scaled.jpg

shutterstock_1392911810.jpg

You can write off your car for work as well
(y)
Yesterday when the Amazon van drove by I actually thought “oh look, Area 51”
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Overland6IMG_0942-scaled.jpg

shutterstock_1392911810.jpg

You can write off your car for work as well
(y)
It's funny, because in photos they really do look similar, but I've seen both in the real and the two colors look nothing alike (to my eyes). The Amazon vans are gray with a bit of blue, while Area 51 is blue with a bit of gray. Again, evaluating these Bronco colors via photos is almost pointless.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The number of folks shocked that they ordered a yellow bronco will be high 😆

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
You've been around for that long. The only information you need is to search out the colors on other models at a dealership. Search them on Ford. Com and then go look. Your eyes are more accurate than any phone or monitor.

Sponsored

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fortunately you can change the color up until your vehicle is scheduled for production, after that your locked in. This is the condition with other Ford products, I doubt Bronco will be any different.

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The number of folks shocked that they ordered a yellow bronco will be high 😆
Oh, I love yellow but was afraid the cyber orange would not be yellow enough. I also love bright colors therefore I was down to Race Red or Velocity Blue, as of now I ordered VB because I wanted metallic. My Wrangler polar edition is Hydro Blue Pearl coat, everyone loves the color, easy to see why since the other 500+ vehicles in the parking lot are white, black or 50 shades of gray. My SuperDuty is Blazing Yellow and when it's outside it can be spotted on google earth. :)

Last edited:

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, I thought it was orange. That was bad enough, but if I wrap mine green then I'll be driving the Christmas-mobile....
Forget about the stitching. On a 2DR you get the outside color swatch. My Rapid Red BL will have this nice contrast trim piece.
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 1616115578617

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in on Cactus Gray but found it to be too minty when I saw it in person on a Ranger. I was just going to order it, but made a point to see it last minute. So, I'm going to guess quite a few....

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By this time you can see most of the colors in person if you really wanted to - if it's an issue find a F150/Ranger/Bronco Sport in the color you like and go see it. I was able to see Iconic Silver a few times in person before ordering, so I knew exactly what I was getting.

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by a Ford dealer earlier today. There was a CG Ranger parked next to a CG Sport. They looked like completely different colors.... I’m hoping it looks like the Wildtrak video from a couple days ago....

Desert6

Black Diamond
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Power Wagon, '20 Armada, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was settled on CG until they changed the look of it on the website. My wife was on the fence, pushing for A51. After looking at a CG Ranger and an A51 Bronco Sport on a dealer lot I was sold on A51. No regrets. No more second guessing. And Momma’s happy!

Macknnj

Black Diamond
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 1616115578617
Whatever color this is.. it’s nicceeee. I haven’t really liked any of the colors TBH

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
Yeah sure, that's it, drive spend 60k and just drive down to a dealer that has your color in a truck that is not a Bronco you ordered, friggn brilliant!!
Sponsored