First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never heard of hiring people to create a fake fan page that charges people for marketing content and sends cease and desist letter to other websites that contain links to that marketing material. In fact, I thought it was insane for a marketing agency to intentionally try to supress the distribution of the marketing material they were being paid to distribute as widely as possible. As a ford shareholder it really pissed me off honestly.
many things in life, when you get under the hood and see how they work, are often far more complex than we can possibly understand as we watch from the outside. I don’t pretend to know all of the details, but I know there are far more details rust no one here knows. The situation feels very shady and counterintuitive for sure.
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a Area 51 Badland and was wondering what interior options I had with the MGV. I see now that it will come standard black with orange stitching. I guess I'm ok with that but why not give us a choice... or at least stitching and accents to match the exterior chosen.
wranglers and gladiatorsare the same way. You get red sticking with a rubicon and orange with a Mojave. Same with the dash color. Most have black material but I think there is a tan option. Not a lot choices.

we picked the badlands in Area 51 because that color went well with the orange. Seems like not all interior options matched the available paint options.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve decided to get rid of my leather and go from High package to Lux. Happy I saw this close up in the Badlands.
I know they are all pre-producition units, but so far most of the videos and photos I've seen of the letter seats have various puckers and loose sections that would really irritate me if it were my truck. This doesn't seem to be the case with MGV. I'm sure someone can post examples of less than perfect MGV but none have jumped out at me enough to notice. They all seem perfect.

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the accent color on the stitching and grab handles chace with paint color?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never heard of hiring people to create a fake fan page that charges people for marketing content and sends cease and desist letter to other websites that contain links to that marketing material. In fact, I thought it was insane for a marketing agency to intentionally try to supress the distribution of the marketing material they were being paid to distribute as widely as possible. As a ford shareholder it really pissed me off honestly.
Agree with much of what you said except I think the cease-and-desist issue was reposting their content here with no attribution at all. That's like cutting them out of the loop, so I can see why they would have been upset about that. After all B6G brands images with its logo even when it isn't the owner of that content.

Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to see this interior which matches my order. Thanks to the OP for finding and posting.

I think it's hilarious that some folks saw some overt marketing and then suspected this overt marketing might actually be some overt marketing and then went in search of evidence to prove that the overt marketing was, in fact, over marketing.

I guess some principle was upheld (When you are overtly marketing to me, please be extremely overt in declaring just how overtly you are marketing to me!), but the net result is a decreased flow of useful and interesting information.

I get that there were some disingenuous responses to questions, but would prefer to still be receiving the same flow of overt marketing, complete with actual exchange of information, like answering questions and taking ideas for what to showcase next.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to see this interior which matches my order. Thanks to the OP for finding and posting.

I think it's hilarious that some folks saw some overt marketing and then suspected this overt marketing might actually be some overt marketing and then went in search of evidence to prove that the overt marketing was, in fact, over marketing.

I guess some principle was upheld (When you are overtly marketing to me, please be extremely overt in declaring just how overtly you are marketing to me!), but the net result is a decreased flow of useful and interesting information.

I get that there were some disingenuous responses to questions, but would prefer to still be receiving the same flow of overt marketing, complete with actual exchange of information, like answering questions and taking ideas for what to showcase next.
I feel better knowing this guy was an insider. I was feeling pretty butt-hurt that some random Joe had such great access to the Bronco and I didn't. 😆

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why all the ugly yellow accents? WHY FORD WHY??????
They're ugly orange, not ugly yellow 😁 I figure a Sharpie®️will take care of the seat stitching if it looks bad in person. Grab handles could be swapped with someone who has a cyber orange Bronco and wants them. But the vent handles might be a problem. So I'm hoping this looks OK when I see it in person. I'm getting an Area 51 2-door.

Sponsored

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks amazing, thanks for bringing some Broncos out to San Diego! After getting to see and feel the MGV, so happy I stuck with it.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t run away with my tail between my legs. What was the point of pretending it wasn’t true in the first place
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a condition of their employers letting them make the videos (since their access to the vehicle is through their employer). Kind of a "you can do it, but you have to make it very clear these videos are not affiliated with BN, etc.". You know, typically lawyer BS.

I never noticed that the vents are recessed. Not a big deal just never noticed

Ford Bronco New vid of Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interior in 2021 Bronco Badlands E77775B6-88E5-43D7-9D5D-DF957AA8DF58
You're not alone. I've never noticed that either.

Maybe something was clamped to the dash and left an impression? For me, that won't fly on a production unit.
That's what it looks like to me as well.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a third indent to the left. They look like slot where you can put plastic pry tools to remove the dash facing. My .02
Now that I've looked at the video a few more times, I think you are on to something. What I think we might be seeing are molded-in depressions for the clips that attach the dash parts.

If that is the case and because of where they are located, you have to go looking for them to see them. Not a big deal after all.
Sponsored