mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not impressed with the interior on our Mustang. Some parts are ok, others are :cautious:. I expect a little better from the Bronco. I'm prepared to be underwhelmed from Ford again.

As for "full size" that comment comes about because of the Sport not because of the actual size class.
even vs the bronco sport, take the spare off and the truck is maybe 5-6" longer? That's it
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Noticing your cup holder photo - does it have inserts that can be removed for cleaning? With the textured bottom, they will become filth magnets unless the insert can be removed and washed.
You can see the tabs to pull out the insert on the inside, so thankfully they are there.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also made it to a dealer to see the two 4 doors. Overall, it’s very cool. I wish they had a 2-door there, but alas... I had some different impressions than others I’ve read. The interior doesn’t feel very big to me. Not really much bigger than our JLU. But the exterior feels enormous. It’s kind of the opposite of what I expected. My take:

Good things:
  • exterior design looks even better in person. It really is sweet.
  • The lack of a center bar makes the open top experience really cool (especially sitting in back)
  • Shifter on manual feels really nice
  • Seats felt pretty comfy
  • Some cool details on the high trims (like power on the dash)
  • Soft top design is really good
Not so good:
  • I’m not wild about how big it feels (like it might not go some places a Jeep would go)
  • Interior materials did not impress me generally (I think our Jeep’s interior is nicer)
  • Specifically, MGV felt much cheaper to me than I expected
  • “Leather” wrapped steering wheel feels super cheap, like not even good pleather.
  • Just does not feel like a $50k vehicle (and the two there were probably that or more)
I took a few pics of things I didn’t remember seeing pics of like the power outlet and accessory mount on the dash and the inductive phone charger. The dealership was super nice and the Bronco is definitely a cool vehicle. Seeing these reaffirmed that for me, the base Squatch is the way to go (someday when manual is available). I liked both colors. I think I’m leaning iconic silver for a base and it was nice. The AMB looked great too, better than I expected.
A couple of points on this:

• Agree with you completely and had assumed Bronco steering wheel would be cheap leather. The leather steering wheel on Ranger is also an extremely cheep and horrible imitation of what leather should look/feel like. Expect if that bothers you, you will be spending $100 on a proper wheel wrap and re-doing it.
  • Interesting you felt MGV was "cheap". It doesn't feel like leather (which it doesn't pretend to be), but felt exactly like a quality MGV IMHO.
  • Interesting you felt Jeep materials were higher grade. I have not felt a current generation Jeep, but a neighbor has some sort of jeep and that thing feels roached out with Chernobyl-grade plastics and switchgear from Home Depot (sorry, to me all 9 generations of nearly identical Jeeps, I can't tell them apart). She bought it new within the past 7-8 years)
  • A quick reminder again, again, here in the year 2021, a $50,000 transaction-price vehicle is not anywhere near what the average person is equating it to. In fact, Bronco prices haven't really moved since 1980.....
    • Below i've adjusted each generation for inflation. This part of your argument just doesn't hold water. Sorry.
From the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-styling-performance-size-price.11209/page-5

Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective bronco price by generation

It absolutely blows my mind that the Bronco is as cheap as it is. The increased safety content, technology and engineering prowess put into the 6th generation is unbelievable compared to any other generation, and at a price that compares to 1980 pricing.

For the folks complaining about how expensive Bronco is, the inflation-adjusted base price in today's dollars for each generation is listed below. One can also infer that as you go up trim level and add content, the prices will continue to climb. For every dope on here who spouts off something along the lines of "If they are going to get me to buy a $50K Bronco, it better darn well do (insert outlandish claim here)", I think of these prices, and how utterly stupid arguments are that somehow $50K in 2020 (or 2022 :LOL:) is somehow an astronomically expensive vehicle.

1st gen:
1610994813304-png.png

2nd Gen:

1610994860424-png.png

3rd Gen:
1610994895184-png.png

4th gen:
1610994928197-png.png

5th Gen:

1610994957276-png.png

6th Gen:
1610994982485-png.png

1617814161800.png

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I like most about this thread is there are several people in here who do not share the same views or opinions but yet somehow we are all able to talk back and forth in a civil and intelligent manner.
It is also a breath of fresh air to see reasoning behind statement.
OP doesn't just walk in and say "interior is trash and looks like it came out of a Dodge Omni." and sits back.
Points are given and talked about as to why.
Counterpoints given and talked about as to why.
I'm lovin' it.
I totally agree. That’s rare on a forum. There is really only one totally unnecessary and douchey comment in this whole thread. Also, even though I am underwhelmed by the interior quality, I’m still going to order my BaseManSquatch. I get that it’s a $30k vehicle that can be optioned up. My point is that I don’t value the options at the price Ford has set on them, so I will just take the base, which I think is a great deal. I’ll have to add heated seat covers I guess, but that’s fine. If the base offered an optional rear locker (or even a limited slip), I would have to think twice about Squatch. I do hope 2022 brings some better color options for base. I want something bright, like cyber orange or race red, neither of which are available on base models. Otherwise, it will be iconic silver.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lucky you on getting to see them in person!! I'm scheduled to see them April 24th at an event in the Chicagoland area, so I'm excited!! I ordered a Big Bend Velocity Blue 4DR from Granger!!
Me too.. @ villa park!

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Agree with you completely and had assumed Bronco steering wheel would be cheap leather. The leather steering wheel on Ranger is also an extremely cheep and horrible imitation of what leather should look/feel like. Expect if that bothers you, you will be spending $100 on a proper wheel wrap and re-doing it.
  • Interesting you felt MGV was "cheap". It doesn't feel like leather (which it doesn't pretend to be), but felt exactly like a quality MGV IMHO.
  • Interesting you felt Jeep materials were higher grade. I have not felt a current generation Jeep, but a neighbor has some sort of jeep and that thing feels roached out with Chernobyl-grade plastics and switchgear from Home Depot (sorry, to me all 9 generations of nearly identical Jeeps, I can't tell them apart). She bought it new within the past 7-8 years)
  • A quick reminder again, again, here in the year 2021, a $50,000 transaction-price vehicle is not anywhere near what the average person is equating it to. In fact, Bronco prices haven't really moved since 1980.....
    • Below i've adjusted each generation for inflation. This part of your argument just doesn't hold water. Sorry.
From the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-styling-performance-size-price.11209/page-5

Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective 1617814161800

It absolutely blows my mind that the Bronco is as cheap as it is. The increased safety content, technology and engineering prowess put into the 6th generation is unbelievable compared to any other generation, and at a price that compares to 1980 pricing.

For the folks complaining about how expensive Bronco is, the inflation-adjusted base price in today's dollars for each generation is listed below. One can also infer that as you go up trim level and add content, the prices will continue to climb. For every dope on here who spouts off something along the lines of "If they are going to get me to buy a $50K Bronco, it better darn well do (insert outlandish claim here)", I think of these prices, and how utterly stupid arguments are that somehow $50K in 2020 (or 2022 :LOL:) is somehow an astronomically expensive vehicle.

1st gen:
Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective 1617814161800

2nd Gen:

3rd Gen:

4th gen:

5th Gen:

6th Gen:

For me, a black diamond in Canada came in at $67K in Canada. That's expensive to me but I haven't honesty shopped other comparable suv's recently

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So true. For those of us who have been around awhile, inflation on big-ticket items can be difficult to fully understand and accept. A few years ago I bought a unicorn '98 one-owner Nissan Maxima SE in cherry condition with 68k (!!!) miles for my kids to drive. It was almost a showroom car. (Of course some moron changed lanes into me on the freeway, spinning me out, totaling the car and almost killing me.) The original sticker was in the glovebox. $30k. In 1998. That would make it a $48k vehicle in 2021 dollars, which is almost exactly what I'll be paying for my BD Bronco. Yet the differences between the two vehicles is laughable in power, technology, safety equipment and convenience/comfort features.

Ditto the '83 Landcruiser wagon my dad bought new in 1983 for....$13k! Which sounds like a screaming deal until you realize that's $34k in 2021 dollars, and the thing was a bare-bones tin can with zero amenities. A $34k Bronco today is light-years better than that Landcruiser in every measurable way except, perhaps, in long-term reliability. (The complexity of today's powertrains don't make for great million-mile vehicles.)

We really are getting more than we're paying for compared to our parents, and their parents before them, and their parents before them...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So true. For those of us who have been around awhile, inflation on big-ticket items can be difficult to fully understand and accept. A few years ago I bought a unicorn '98 one-owner Nissan Maxima SE in cherry condition with 68k (!!!) miles for my kids to drive. It was almost a showroom car. (Of course some moron changed lanes into me on the freeway, spinning me out, totaling the car and almost killing me.) The original sticker was in the glovebox. $30k. In 1998. That would make it a $48k vehicle in 2021 dollars, which is almost exactly what I'll be paying for my BD Bronco. Yet the differences between the two vehicles is laughable in power, technology, safety equipment and convenience/comfort features.

Ditto the '83 Landcruiser wagon my dad bought new in 1983 for....$13k! Which sounds like a screaming deal until you realize that's $34k in 2021 dollars, and the thing was a bare-bones tin can with zero amenities. A $34k Bronco today is light-years better than that Landcruiser in every measurable way except, perhaps, in long-term reliability. (The complexity of today's powertrains don't make for great million-mile vehicles.)

We really are getting more than we're paying for compared to our parents, and their parents before them, and their parents before them...
We are. I guess taking a pause and looking at the comparable prices in today's dollars really puts in in perspective.
It's like seeing those postcards and such that say how much things were the year you were born kinda thing.
I guess perspective for me is that it honestly doesn't feel like that long ago when a $700/mo. house payment was a lot of moola. Or a $400/Mo. car note put you in a really nice vehicle.
I guess it really is decades later and it just doesn't feel like it should be.
I know pay doesn't feel like it has increased with the rate of inflation in a lot of areas.
In some sectors/professions it has but others are still making 1995 wages, maybe a buck or two more an hour.

So yeah, you and Rick are on to something. It just takes a different way of looking at it I guess.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am confused to, I mean if you want bigger and fancier, this is not the rig at all. It seems people want rugged, outside, but completely plush inside, small outside footprint, with huge interior space. Lol, usually the same guys who also cant wait to lift and and only want the sasquatch, and wonder why its so big.
I for one never asked for a "plush inside" interior, I think what people don't understand, some of just don't want:
  1. A cheap plastic dash that cracks in a few years.
  2. A cheap leather covered steering wheel, if it even has one, don't care, that does not fall apart in a few years.
  3. Seats that don't sag when new, as we have seen in many of the photos.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
+1. The 30k base (which I'll be getting) provides the owner the key attributes of open top/doors off/4wd to have fun exploring. I mean that is what separates the vehicle from most every other vehicle out there now (besides Wrangler). We finally will have another open top 4x4 - thank you Ford.

Ford would like to upsell the higher optioned models, which is understandable. But I'm not sure how much lux buyers should expect in that regard. There are other vehicles more squarely aimed at lux buyers that might be a better fit.
Yeah I agree with you on the lux part... I would probably just get a new defender if wanting a great interior was a primary need. The reviews so far have been great and the build and materials are up there. The appeal of this bronco (tom me) is purpose built. I also really like removing the doors and top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A few thoughts: I was not at all trying to argue anything objectively. I was merely providing my impressions. I’m sure you’re right that Broncos are priced well when adjusted for inflation. My point is that I am not willing to pay more for higher trims because I did not believe the quality of materials justifies the cost for those options. Again, I think the base is a great deal and I’ll be buying one. I think the comparison to the Jeep mainly centers around the quality of the leather steering wheel and the feel of the switch gear. Again, totally subjective. The bottom line is that I did not make any arguments. I simply stated that the Badlands, as optioned, did not feel like a $50k vehicle to me. Therefore, I won’t buy a Badlands. Also, regarding the MGV, you make a good point. I’m not a boat guy and I don’t really know what good quality MGV is supposed to feel like. So, the takeaway there is that maybe I just don’t love MGV in general😆.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A few thoughts: I was not at all trying to argue anything objectively. I was merely providing my impressions. I’m sure you’re right that Broncos are priced well when adjusted for inflation. My point is that I am not willing to pay more for higher trims because I did not believe the quality of materials justifies the cost for those options. Again, I think the base is a great deal and I’ll be buying one. I think the comparison to the Jeep mainly centers around the quality of the leather steering wheel and the feel of the switch gear. Again, totally subjective. The bottom line is that I did not make any arguments. I simply stated that the Badlands, as optioned, did not feel like a $50k vehicle to me. Therefore, I won’t buy a Badlands. Also, regarding the MGV, you make a good point. I’m not a boat guy and I don’t really know what good quality MGV is supposed to feel like. So, the takeaway there is that maybe I just don’t love MGV in general😆.
The big take away from all this is: You will need to buy a boat to haul with the Bronco.

(y)

HA HA!!! FYI: Wasn't arguing against you. Just giving some alternate views to some of your bullets.

If you're going Base, it's one hell of a deal. There is an argument to be made that the Base Bronco, no-cost-options rig at $28K is possibly the most compelling and capable new vehicle available under $30K in any class by any OEM. Obviously YYMV when it comes to how you like your car to look or feel.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one never asked for a "plush inside" interior, I think what people don't understand, some of just don't want:
  1. A cheap plastic dash that cracks in a few years.
  2. A cheap leather covered steering wheel, if it even has one, don't care, that does not fall apart in a few years.
  3. Seats that don't sag when new, as we have seen in many of the photos.
Yeah, I don't think anyone wants those things...but speculating that Bronco has those things really has no foundation until we have some validity in a "few years".

My FJ interior felt WAY inferior to my Lexus LX570 interior....but the FJ interior held up WAY better and looked better at the end. Not even close. It cracked me up when someone earlier on this thread posted about the "rugged" but high end Land Cruiser (a Toyota badged LX570)...that interior looked great and was luxurious, but held up like complete crap. Hopefully Bronco interior is built with durability in mind, and I see nothing that makes me think it isn't...although I hadn't seen the sinking seats you referred to. It doesn't worry me much though as probably pre-production...I think Ford can probably build seast with appropriate anti-sag construction by now.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are people comparing a $50k Bronco interior quality to a $50k Wrangler or a $50k BMW X3 or Mercedes GLC300?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes it's possible to buy lower cost vehicles today, that are comparable in price to earlier eras. I bought a brand new economy car last year for 14k.

But it seems like there is some social pressure and expectation these days, to buy loaded vehicles. Even people who can't afford the higher cost and loaded vehicles, succumb to the desire/expectation. Friends of ours lost their house, but they did have two loaded to the gills SUVs.

My wife kept asking me, how could they afford those SUVs? I told her: a) They make bank, b) family money c) easy credit. Answer was "c". At least they found a local rental, so their kids didn't have to change schools.
Sponsored