Badlands

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are just explaining why dealerships choose to behave badly when Ford gives them the opportunity to do so. Few are surprised that they are doing this. True, the reservations disclaimers allow it, and many of us expected it, but that doesn't mean that nobody cares if Ford treats customers like crap. Maybe you don't care if people treat you poorly.

As you said, it is cheaper to keep a customer happy and Ford is alienating a bunch of customers (many that are long-time repeat customers) with their purposeful actions to thwart the implied reservation timestamp order.

And it certainly isn't entitlement when you call out a company for behaving badly and treating reservation holders poorly. Loyalty cuts both ways.
I suppose that I don't think prioritizing a limited number of priority spots for in a way that rewards the best, most frequent, or loyal customers is "behaving badly".

In the world, scarcity is a real thing. There is no perfectly fair way to manage scarcity. One of the best ways is the free market system.

Perfectly fair isn't possible, and finding a reasonable way that keeps your dealership in business isn't treating people like crap. I've been a business owner, and I get it.

With respect, lets turn the tables. You're the dealer. You have a hundred customers, most of them loyal, many brand new, and Ford hands you two priority spots. How do you allocate them? Or is ignoring the priority spots the most fair way?

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well sir I am a loyal customer who buys new Ford vehicles every 3 or 4 years and I waited patiently the first night while the computers were hosed up. So please enlighten me on how someone that didn't put in the same amount of time and effort deserves a vehicle I have waited over a year for. I call BS
With respect, none of us "deserves" a vehicle.

We have freely chosen to purchase a very scarce, brand new, never built vehicle... and Ford is doing its best to satisfy this overwhelming demand in the marketplace.

(for the record, I'm just a Bronco fan and former entrepreneur... not a dealership owner or employee)

I think the most fair way for a dealership to handle the priority spots is to offer them to the most loyal, profitable, long-term customers... and unfortunately, there are more of these good customers (like you) than priority spots. Life is scarcity and limited resources. We can create new value and spread the wealth sometimes, and other times there are just two spots available for two hundred people who want them.

We don't know that the people who are getting these spots didn't wait as long as you have.

In my case, I'm a long-time Toyota buyer with no relationship with my chosen dealer. I expect no special treatment or perks compared to someone like you. I do expect better treatment than a pain-in-the-butt customer who pesters the dealership every five minutes about their order. It's just people skills.

If you are the dealer and you have 10 loyal customers like you, and only one priority spot... how do you handle it? Do you disappoint 9? All 10? What's your solution? (thanks for the discussion!)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If some Dorky-Doug-Demuro or I'm-Hoovie-Buy-my-Rolls-on-Cars-and-Bids-so-I-fix-my-Lambo-that-I-do-donuts-with Rich YouTuber gets theirs before mine...

I guess I will watch their video.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am here to tell you that I am perfectly fine with you calling my non-Sasquatch, with 30s, 2-Door, Base Bronco a Mini Cannoli (dark chocolate cream, with mini chocolate chips and powered sugar on top would be preferred, but not mandatory).

Last edited:

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Perhaps.... which means they lied. We can reasonably assume some(if not many) of these “priority” builds will go to dealer family members or the dealer itself. But don’t get irate. Bury ur head in sand and say “it’s all gonna be okay”

You’ll get your Bronco when u get your Bronco. Nothing else matters. Be quiet.
And with this line of thinking, which I’m not saying it’s wrong, there is no reason to think they numbers they say they are giving away is accurate. This could very well be the way Ford allows VIP’s with no reservation to just walk in and leave with whichever Bronco they want. There is no way to know if 2,500 ends up being 12,500

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just wanted to jump back in here to say, I'm proud that people are using my golden ticket analogy.

That's all.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And with this line of thinking, which I’m not saying it’s wrong, there is no reason to think they numbers they say they are giving away is accurate. This could very well be the way Ford allows VIP’s with no reservation to just walk in and leave with whichever Bronco they want. There is no way to know if 2,500 ends up being 12,500
According to OP, priority builds can only be awarded to people who submitted an order prior to 3/19

(Steelman argument: A dealerships could priority build one of their sales people's reservations and modify the order to whatever the new person wants, and take the hit against their 20% name-match requirement... but in this scenario the Dealership is playing games, and they were/are going to play games even before this priority build thing existed.)

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anytime dealerships are involved, there are sure to be shenanigans. That being said, none of us have even been told our build date yet, so I honestly could care a less. Its like getting pissed some VIP gets into the club or wherever ahead of you. It is what it is. The reality is none of us have a clue if we made the summer or fall cut for a build, so why get our panties in a bunch over something we have zero control over. I was initially told I was #12 of 48 allocations by my dealership. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed though.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
According to OP, priority builds can only be awarded to people who submitted an order prior to 3/19
Playing devils advocate, with a system of allocations and reservations there is a reasonable way for people to figure out when they should be getting their ride. With this loophole Ford can quite literally give out as many Broncos to whoever they want with the excuse of “priority order”. There is no way to track priority orders because they just made it up, so no way to actually know.
Sponsored