Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

*Older 4dr Explorers are about the same size as a 4dr Jeep.

Your definition of entry/mid trim is a lot different than mine...
I've had a few 'older' Explorers, and they are very comparable, I also have a 'newer' Explorer...not even in the same universe.
Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
I Love the fact the Bronco is back and that really a lot of makers are doing this trend recently. However, if I'm being completely honest, if it weren't for the modularity - the removable doors and roof more specifically - I don't think the Bronco would be nearly as popular as it is right now, way less orders, shortages and chaos - It looks good but it would just be another new car coming out and whoever wanted to pay the price will do so.. Of course like any vehicle, theres a specific market, but it certainly wouldn't be this much hype revolved around it.. Due to that, A LOT of things will get overlooked because ppl just have to have this new car that does what others can't even if it doesn't quite fit into their lifestyle.. Its a change, its exciting and certain things many would normally worry about with a $30K-$70K INVESTMENT, are somewhat currently obsolete.

Personally though, I have a luxury 2 dr sports car that provides whatever the Bronco won't but if it weren't for me having another vehicle I could jump into to speed through traffic or feel more "luxurious" in, I probably wouldn't have ordered the Base I did. I understand getting what you want so if my 2 dr didn't have leather seats, heated steering wheel and seats, etc. I wouldn't be looking at a Bronco as it'd be out my range to go for higher trims. But some people won't know what they want until they know what they don't!

I've been an outdoor enthusiast my entire Life and just being able to live the Life my previous cars wouldn't allow, is enough for me. I don't need to drive mines up a mountain and won't spend my money on more space and things for friends, who wont be paying my note. I'm simple and the Base will more than fit my needs!

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fully expect itā€™ll be a bit more ā€œluxuryā€ than my Defender90...but not by much.
Hopefully you have an old / real Defender 90 not the new suburban poser version ...

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry, there will still be people out there who will be SHOCKED at the Bronco not being a luxury vehicle. Some people just need to complain. I'm buying the Bronco because I want to go places and don't want to cry every time I get mud in the car.

That being said, I like that @UhOh started this thread. If nothing else, it'll consolidate the realistic expectations for those folks who ignore them and subconsciously want to be angry at Ford.
(y)

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great! I think my biggest shocker from people's sighting reports were the A/C flow for rear passengers. And then I realized my current ride is already equipped with the same setup so its nothing I should be worried or concerned about.

Im just so excited for the day I can drive down to the beach with the top and doors off with the intent to get this thing dirty and in the elements. Luxury is not why im buying this vehicle!
Lol right?
My Audi A4 doesnā€™t even have rear vents.
granted itā€™s an 07

;)

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this the Jeep owner's support group?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*Older 4dr Explorers are about the same size as a 4dr Jeep.

Your definition of entry/mid trim is a lot different than mine...
Perhaps, but neither of us defined it. Iā€™m just comparing all the features (heated seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, Premium sound system, 12 inch voice activated touch control display, etc.,) that you get with Lux and it stacks up nicely. Not so much luxurious appointments and soft touch feel of materials, but tech and other creature comfort options. My point was, the soccer mom, or dad, likely wonā€™t be disappointed with a nicely appointed OBX Bronco. It will excel in the wild, but the mall crawler crowd are in play as well.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the Jeep owner's support group?
Yes, in the sense that us Jeep owners are trying to support the uneducated Bronco buyer. Most us Jeep owners know exactly what we are getting ourselves into and have not been surprised about the size, quality or capabilities of the Bronco. This thread seems to be more of a warning to those who have built up the Bronco to be something that is not and didn't bother to research the targeted market or it direct competition.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I was sort of surprised by the sheer number of people who seemed to think it would be F150 sized, or ride like a car because of the supposedly magical IFS.
Everyone who has ridden in one has had nothing but great things to say about the ride quality.

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, in the sense that us Jeep owners are trying to support the uneducated Bronco buyer. Most us Jeep owners know exactly what we are getting ourselves into and have not been surprised about the size, quality or capabilities of the Bronco. This thread seems to be more of a warning to those who have built up the Bronco to be something that is not and didn't bother to research the targeted market or it direct competition.
Hit the nail on the head.. And imagine the orders that aren't apart of the forum(s) and are way less knowledgeable about what they've ordered ..

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if you get the lux package, you're not wanting for much. This vehicle has almost every option my Mercedes has, and more... wireless CarPlay and charger. What it lacks, like power adjusted steering column and seats, I haven't touched since I took ownership.

And the Bronco can go a few more places than my Mercedes. :D

The biggest detractor to the Bronco compared to a lux SUV is probably going to be road noise... but sadly, my Mercedes is terrible in that dept. as well. My BMWs were much better.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However, if I'm being completely honest, if it weren't for the modularity - the removable doors and roof more specifically - I don't think the Bronco would be nearly as popular as it is right now, way less orders, shortages and chaos
Eh, I don't really care that the doors and roof come off the Bronco. I'm buying it because I feel it's the best mix of off-road capability and liveability available on the market. I've always had a soft spot for Jeeps. They're fun as heck to bomb around in outdoors but making a daily out of one will make you question your life decisions. If Chevy had brought back the Blazer based on the Colorado, especially the ZR2, it would have been in play for me. Toyotas are boring, ancient and generally living off their reputation more than reality. But, none of that all mattered when I saw how Ford had knocked the Bronco out of the park.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WHAT?! You mean to tell me it's not a Lincoln Navigator that performs like a Rubicon?
Ya'll should cancel your orders... šŸ˜

But seriously, this is a very good point. At the beginning of all this, before the unveil, I sort of expected it to feel about the same size as an F150 in the cab, and I'm sure many who have not seen it in person or don't pour over this forum daily, may still think that is the case looking at pictures of the 4door. Also the name Lux Package is a little misleading; it doesn't really make anything luxurious, it just adds a little creature comfort, safety features, and some fun tech. Considering the fact that MGV looks and feels so nice, the leather isn't even much of a selling point for the Lux.
Sponsored