Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as a commandeered 50 caliber machine gun can be mounted somewhere on the top of the Bronco, and it can double as an urban assault vehicle once Armageddon arrives I’ll be fine...as long as I can get it in Orange.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

funny you should mention electric windows, my 2018 Chevy just passed 36,000 miles last month, so no more bumper-to-bumper warranty. And today one of the electric windows quit working... 😩
Take an air compressor and try blowing out the control switches. 50% change that's all it is.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replacing my wife's grand Cherokee trailhawk with a 4dr BL 2.7 Hope the ride isn't significantly less comfortable or she'll kill me. She knows how my wrangler ride is and my f150 (both with lift and 35" MT tires) and we take my truck everywhere. I don't need it to be a long trip vehicle but surely 6-8 hours heading to the mountains will be perfectly adequate. I could care less about the door removal (she won't remove the doors) and probably only remove the front 2 panels. I have trail doors on my jeep and only use them during the summers and she can't put my soft top up or take down, hence why Im going hardtop on her bronco.

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm coming from a Jetta and really wanted a wrangler but don't like the 4 door wranglers and also believe Jeeps aren't safe enough. But this is a second car from the family with a highlander being our main family car. The main thing that would make me cancel is if the crash ratings aren't great. Beyond that I think it's well worth a try if your open to something new.
Concern of mine too. The 4Runner crash rating is similarly bad.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this person is exactly right. There are some here who’ve been typing “it’s just like the original Bronco.” I’m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those.
Ya lost me.... the 2021 is actually larger than the Classic 66 to 77 Broncos.
Are you referring to the 78's and later? Because I have a 69 Bronco in the garage and it feels about the same as the 21 I sat in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...onco-vs-the-original-bronco-ar188966.amp.html

"At 75.9 inches wide, the 2021 Bronco is 7.4 inches wider than the old SUV, which measures 68.5 inches. The new SUV also features a much longer wheelbase at 100.4 inches, exactly 8.4 inches longer than the old Bronco. However, the 2021 Bronco is a bit lower in Base spec."

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this person is exactly right. There are some here who’ve been typing “it’s just like the original Bronco.” I’m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ain’t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless you’re 70 years old by now. In which case you’re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - I’m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasn’t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ain’t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

it’s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because it’s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of BACK SEAT leg room, (the front is fine), lift that roll cage so that it doesn’t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and you’d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, it’s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because it’s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

you’ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalie’s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And that’s a flipping shame.
I disagree wholeheartedly. There isn't a market for the Bronco you're asking for, part of why it died out the last time. Wrangler was eating it's lunch in the early 90s.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely agree with you. I saw the Broncos in person and as someone who wanted a rugged off-roader it lived up to the hype for me. I thought the interior was fine and had many features but it definitely isn't and will never be a luxury SUV for those who are expecting as such. Are there nicer, more luxurious, comfortable SUVs in the $40-$50k range? Absolutely. Are there nicer SUVs in that range that allows you to take the doors and roof off? No.
I owned a '95 Jeep YJ base Wrangler. The Bronco will be like a Lincoln in comparison. Lol

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see why it wouldn't make a good road trip hauler, it has plenty of room and all you need is an ipad to shut the kids up.
Same, it all depends on what you're coming from. It's going to be same or better in most areas than my current DD '06 Mustang w/ Pony Package. When I hear people moan about 2 door cargo and rear seat I chuckle. I've driven from FL to MO comfortably multiple times in my Mustang and the Bronco will be much more accommodating, especially when it's more than just me. Can't lie, 4 door accessibility to the back seat would be phenomenal, but I don't know if I could go that far lol.

Mid package on the Bronco (and 15 years of advancements lol) will mean a lot more "luxury" as well. I mean dual climate, heated seats, BLIS, backup cameras, visibility.

Plus I will be able to go off-road in more than a grass and gravel parking lot 😬🤣

Yeah it's not going to be for everyone, but for some of us it's going to be everything that it isn't for someone else 🤷‍♂️

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
I missed your warning. Is the warning that we might not have known the Bronco is targeting the Wrangler? With all of the pics and videos and reviews and ride alongs and and and, it seems pretty clear what the Bronco is or isn't. I'm not sure I've ever known, prior to purchase, the height of the cargo area or the difference, in millimeters, no less, between two suspensions or how squishy the armrest is or what the under-seat floor vents look like or all of the other crazy stuff people have dug into on this vehicle.

Maybe you are suggesting the Bronco isn't going to ride/drive much like a typical unibody SUV. If that's the case, I'd say that yes, unless we've ridden in one, we'll have no idea exactly what we are getting. But I'll take a chance based on ride-along reactions that this is one case where the Bronco isn't going to be like the Wrangler.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this person is exactly right. There are some here who’ve been typing “it’s just like the original Bronco.” I’m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ain’t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless you’re 70 years old by now. In which case you’re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - I’m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasn’t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ain’t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

it’s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because it’s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of BACK SEAT leg room, (the front is fine), lift that roll cage so that it doesn’t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and you’d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, it’s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because it’s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

you’ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalie’s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And that’s a flipping shame.
You couldn't be more wrong....this vehicle is what people want...they already buy an amazing 240,000+ Wranglers in the US (almost doubling or more than doubling all of those vehicles you mention) and this is better...it's exactly what the market wanted a new Bronco to be, thus the 2 year backlog of booked orders. A lumbering FSB would have sold maybe a 1/5th of what we are seeing with this...the perfect Bronco to go after sky high Wrangler sales, sales that are that high despite having many, many flaws.

"Strictly for single men with a winch on the bumper"...pure idiocy (no offense of course)....but what percentage of Wrangler owners do you think fit that description?

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I was sort of surprised by the sheer number of people who seemed to think it would be F150 sized, or ride like a car because of the supposedly magical IFS.
They think it will ride like a car, because they think it is a car.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If the 4 door Bronco (not talking Sasquatch) is as capable as my gen 1 Explorer or the 2 door is as capable as my Bronco II's I'll be a happy camper.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lumbering FSB would have sold maybe a 1/5th of what we are seeing with this
I 100% believe if Ford goes through with a big brother like many expect, you will be proven right and it will flop hard.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Badlands 2-door is exactly what I want. It is a purpose-built vehicle for off-road use. It also has the features I want. Trail Turn Assist, One Pedal Driving, Front and Rear Lockers, and Stabilizer Bar Disconnect.

If my Bronco order (Res 7/14) drops into MY22, I will be watching what Ford plans for the Ranger. Ford may decide to batch these features as a package on the 2022 Ranger or 2023 Ranger Raptor. That would get my attention.
Sponsored