Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just found out yesterday that we have been sending some of our supervisors and upper management from the Ford plant I work at in Louisville, KY up to Webasto to help out. Also the Kansas City plant has been sending some management also while it is shut down. Surprised they have not asked for hourly workers to go also because we have done that many times before to struggling part suppliers. Doesn’t sound good that we are sending that much management up to help but I know 2 bosses I have worked with that are there and they should help get it straightened out.
That does not bode well at all. Yeesh.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do the hard tops have to only come from one company? What can't Ford contract multiple companies for this.... It's stupid!

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes that’s what I’m hoping. Hopefully they have enough hourly workers ass to kick.
I got some leave time saved up where I work. I wonder if agree to work at Webasto for a couple of weeks if Ford will move my order the the front of the line.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why do the hard tops have to only come from one company? What can't Ford contract multiple companies for this.... It's stupid!
That’s all well and good. But there has to be another company to be able to supply it to Ford.

We have the same issues at our facilities. Certain commodities are only available from one supplier. When they have issues. We have issues. There is. not another supplier that has what we need. So we and tied to them. For better or worse. Especially now.

Not an excuse. Just an unfortunate reality.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if you’re on to something about the 2DR MIC tops.

Maybe Webasto can make those easier/faster than the 4DR MIC.
[/QUOTE
Plus,, they don’t have near as many of the 2dr’s to make, so any issues will
Be less exaggerated. And perhaps the problems are confined to the 4dr tops. On a much less encouraging note, they certainly didn’t advise people to switch to 2drs to get a quicker build. We should know more by Thursday.....or not.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you’re in Barrow Alaska that really isn’t a valid statement.
Totally valid ! I’ve owned soft top cars and had to drive them through the winter in WI. It totally sucks !!! The tops last half as long as in a warm weather climate. Why do think most of the Jeep’s up here don’t have soft tops.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what i dont understand, ford said no dual top option this year, why??
it would be the perfect solution now. for all of us that want hardtops, they wire our vehicle for a hardtop, ship our vehicle with softtop, and when they get enough hardtops the owe us one of our choice. come to the dealer and they can install it for free. everyone wins, ford gets vehicles built and we get our vehicle. the way this letter reads between my towing package and mic top if i see my vehicle by next spring i'll be lucky. and i'm a first day reservation person
That is brilliant. Too bad your last name isn’t Ford.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Totally valid ! I’ve owned soft top cars and had to drive them through the winter in WI. It totally sucks !!! The tops last half as long as in a warm weather climate. Why do think most of the Jeep’s up here don’t have soft tops.
I live in North Central Wisconsin and I never even considered a hard top. The soft tops on my TJs and JKs and Mustangs have been just fine.

If you prefer hard top that is absolutely valid and you should go with what you want. But the statement that soft tops are not going to work in cold and snowy climates is false.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DUH ! What do expect a company that manufactures soft tops to say. I’ll go with my real life experience. Soft tops suck in the winter and you end up having to replace them twice as frequently than in warmer weather climates. Also learned the hard way.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And
and your on this site for what reason???
It was to learn more about my Badlands order, but what I learned is it isnt worth waiting.
Sponsored